Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Economy Adds 211,000 Jobs in March; Unemployment Rate at 4 1/2 Year Low: Foxnews.com

nelms

WTF does this have to do with anything? We are talking about real people working hard doing real jobs, who are finding their real pay slipping and don't like it.

ps - did that company she worked for promote everyone who worked hard to "head of a major department" or did it still have secretaries too?

She worked harder than anyone else in that company. The CEO down to the custodial staff would be witness to that. I have compassion for people that work hard and sacrifice some of the nice things in life. Many Americans spend beyond their means and then ***** that they don't have any money.

I forgot, hard work doesn't mean anything today. It only meant something 50 years ago. :rolleyes:

Please enlighten me, what does hard work have to do with the state of the economy? do you really think, in todays global economy, that someone with the limited education of secretarial school, can reach the levels of upper management based on hard work alone?

Many Americans spend beyond their means and then ***** that they don't have any money.

This is true. However, while many do this, there are SO many more who do not. Who live meager responsible livings, who, because of inflation, have trouble maintiain what meager posessions they own.

but damn, I forgot, that janitor whith no education should quit and become a computer programmer. After all, according to you it's as easy as 1-2-3.

This is true. However, while many do this, there are SO many more who do not. Who live meager responsible livings, who, because of inflation, have trouble maintiain what meager posessions they own.

Inflation? Inflation hasn't been lower in years. All I'm hearing is excuses.

Hardwork will get you some places but it can never get you there by itself. All the hard work in the world isn't going to do anything unless you have talent, and by talent I mean a marketable skill.

I have absolutely no talent whatsoever, yet I have been fairly successful in my career. Go figure.

Because that's all you choose to hear. Energy prices in my area are set to rise 72% come july first. Tell me that isn't inflation. My property taxes have risen by 50% since I bought my house. Tell me that isn't inflation.

She worked harder than anyone else in that company. The CEO down to the custodial staff would be witness to that.

That's great. Does the second hardest working secretary in that company thus not get to care whether her real wage is dropping vs. her cost of living?

Inflation may note be high as a historical matter, but it has been outpacing the growth of real wages for a while now, which is all that really matters to wage earners. Even hardworking ones who aren't trying to make "excuses," just get by and feed their families.

Archived