Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has the best depth in the NFC East?

ptimeskins-11

Quit being a homer, your D-line is nowhere near as talented as the eagles, giants, or cowboys. The only way you can get pressure is to blitz, blitz, blitz.

You have alot of talent in other areas, but D-line is not one of them.

Are you kidding? D line I would say is one of our better positions in terms of depth. You did know we picked up carter from San Fran right? Maybe you missed that part, anyway that allows daniels to move over to his natural side on the end and Wynn to sub in and out instead of being relied on as a starter for the majority of the time. Griff and Salvea are probably the two best tackles in the East.

Glenn played very well in a starting role, just a small downgrade over Henry. He is definately the best nickel corner in the division.

Glenn was on cue with Henry in many ways last year. They were both very, very good with Glenn only struggling against Santana Moss and Henry struggling against Brandon Lloyd...so that could bode well for Skins fans.

And like you said, Reeves was darn good last year as well. As far as quality goes, I think Dallas has the best CB's in the division. As far as depth goes, I think Dallas takes that in a cake walk.

Rich....

well then using your logic your offensive line must really suck. didnt our DE Phillip Daniels sack your QB four times in one game last year?

Yes he did, against Torrin Tucker, who cam in after Flozell went out with injury, but...........

1. Torrin Tucker Is no longer on the team

2. Couldn't play high school ball for some teams around here.

Seriously, he was that bad.

How many sacks did Daniels get against Flozell in the first game? Oh, thats right, none.

I don't think any of you really know about any other team's depth. These are players that you don't see; rookies who maybe only played in the preseason, but have upside. As for O-Line, to say any NFC East team has better depth than the Eagles is absurd. They lost 3 of their starters for the season last year and kept on playing. The Skins O-Line depth is by far the worst. Dallas' line truly suffered after Flozell Adams went down and the Giant's O-Line was merely servicable last year.

You hit the nail on the head with that post. Smartest thing written on here all day.

Yes he did, against Torrin Tucker, who cam in after Flozell went out with injury, but...........

1. Torrin Tucker Is no longer on the team

2. Couldn't play high school ball for some teams around here.

Seriously, he was that bad.

How many sacks did Daniels get against Flozell in the first game? Oh, thats right, none.

yeah yeah, woulda shoulda coulda. it makes no difference, you still lost that one too.

Correct me if I am wrong but the guy that you guys say is slow (Aaron Glenn) was a starter over Wright when they played for the Texans together.

You are correct.

I actually understand where Skins fans are coming from on Glenn. He got burned badly twice against Santana Moss in the first game. In the second game, Moss made one of the most incredible catches I've ever seen and I don't think Glenn could've defended it any better. But, if you're a Skins fan that's probably the only time you really got to see Glenn play. Outside of Santana, I remember Glenn giving up a big play near the end of the Seattle game, but otherwise he was pretty terrific last season.

Still, calling Glenn "bad" would be like a Cowboys fan calling Sean Taylor "bad" after Crayton burned him in 2004 and Glenn beat him on two big plays in the first game of 2005. Not a very accurate statement

Rich.....

Glenn played very well in a starting role, just a small downgrade over Henry. He is definately the best nickel corner in the division.

And Reeves played very well in a nickel role and he was clutch in a couple late game situations, including the Eagles game which he broke up what looked to be a sure catch to put the Eagles in position to make an easy game winning FG.

And I would take Moats 5.1 YPC before I took Betts 3.8

OK the Boys are just to gosh darn great and they obviously have the best team in the NFL. Your also right on Moats all he needs is a full time shot and he can be a 1,500 yard rusher just like CP, thank you for showing me the error in my ways.

I for one will be completely shocked if the almighty Boys don't get at least 8 pro-bowlers off that vaunted D, please tell'em to take it easy on us sorry Redskins this year, I just couldn't stand another 35-7 rout like your incredible D put out on us last year.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Archived