Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has the best depth in the NFC East?

ptimeskins-11

I believe the team with the best depth will win the NFC East because how physical the division is. Here is my take on who has the advantage at each position.

QB = Toss up, Each team is in real trouble if the starting QB goes down.

RB = Redskins - If Portis goes down I feel good with Betts. Of course Betts isn't no Portis, But in Westbrook goes down, The Eagles are in trouble. Tiki Barber to me won't last the whole season. The Cowboys have 2 good RB's, But not a great one. Plus, We also have Rock.

WR = Redskins - Not even close. If one of the big 3 ( Moss, Randle El, Lloyd ) goes down, We have 2 starters plus Thrash, Patten and Cooley.

OL = Redskins, Eagles Tie between these 2. Could change after the draft.

DL = Redskins barley over dallas. Keeping Greg Ellis helps dallas. Carter, Wynn, Daniels Evans is a nice rotation.

LB = dallas - Some mock drafts have them taking Manny Lawson. Who I think will be better than Mario Williams. We will add through the draft (hopefully).

CB = Giants - Signed quite a bit of CB's in FA, Its the depth that wins it out for them in this.

Safety = Redskins Taylor, AA and I think we will take one in the draft. Eagles are second.

didn't jimoh and/or prielou play some downs in a safety position last year? We had an interesting 4-safety set that we ran when springs was hurt in mid-late season. that def. adds depth for our safety situation. i see our CB/S area as kind of molded into one.

I believe the team with the best depth will win the NFC East because how physical the division is. Here is my take on who has the advantage at each position.

RB = Redskins - If Portis goes down I feel good with Betts. Of course Betts isn't no Portis, But in Westbrook goes down, The Eagles are in trouble. Tiki Barber to me won't last the whole season. The Cowboys have 2 good RB's, But not a great one. Plus, We also have Rock.

WR = Redskins - Not even close. If one of the big 3 ( Moss, Randle El, Lloyd ) goes down, We have 2 starters plus Thrash, Patten and Cooley.

DL = Redskins barley over dallas. Keeping Greg Ellis helps dallas. Carter, Wynn, Daniels Evans is a nice rotation.

LB = dallas - Some mock drafts have them taking Manny Lawson. Who I think will be better than Mario Williams. We will add through the draft (hopefully).

CB = Giants - Signed quite a bit of CB's in FA, Its the depth that wins it out for them in this.

Safety = Redskins Taylor, AA and I think we will take one in the draft. Eagles are second.

I agree with most of your post, except the DL. No way Washington has more depth at that position than dallas. And your starters are nowhere near as talented either.

And safety......Your own thread is about depth, not starters. I don't know who has the most depth at safety in the NFC east, it certainly isn't dallas, and reading the boards around here many of you want to draft some depth for safety, so I'm pretty sure its not the skins either.

I agree with most of your post, except the DL. No way Washington has more depth at that position than dallas. And your starters are nowhere near as talented either.

And safety......Your own thread is about depth, not starters. I don't know who has the most depth at safety in the NFC east, it certainly isn't dallas, and reading the boards around here many of you want to draft some depth for safety, so I'm pretty sure its not the skins either.

What I was saying there was if one of the 2 go down ( Taylor, AA ), Then we are not as bad off as dallas would be if they lost Roy Williams.

You can argue the fact that dallas line is better, but to say our starters are nowhere near as talented is insane.

You can argue the fact that dallas line is better, but to say our starters are nowhere near as talented is insane.

Quit being a homer, your D-line is nowhere near as talented as the eagles, giants, or cowboys. The only way you can get pressure is to blitz, blitz, blitz.

You have alot of talent in other areas, but D-line is not one of them.

QB

1. Redskins-Best Depth 1-3, will have training camp comp. for #2 duties

2. Gurls-Henson actually looks solid in Europe

3. Philly-McMahon isn't horrible... bad yes but not horrible

4. Giants-Who the hell is there backup?

RB

1. Redskins-Betts and Rock both have a lot of experience

2. Gurls-Barbor III may steal carries from Jones this year

3. Giants-Need to get someone to take the pressure of Tiki

4. Philly-Who the hell is there backup?

WR/TE

1. Redskins-Best depth 1-5 and two TE who can catch

2. Gurls-Crayton is a solid 3, Witten a potential pro-bowler

3. Giants-No WR depth and see above for Shockey

4. Philly-Need a lot of help at the WR spot LJ smith is solid

OL

1. All 4 can take no major injuries, Tied

DL

1. Redskins-Very interchangeable parts can survive an injury or two.

2. Gurls-Nice starters but little behind that, may have been 1 but Glover left.

3. Philly-A little overrated starter wise and little behind them

4. Giants-2 players that's it.

LB

1. Gurls-Very fast and active and LBer's play great under Bill

2. Redskins-May move to 1 after draft.

3. Eagles-Solid but ageing

4. Giants-Still waiting on Lavar

DB

1. Redskins-Very good depth 7 players that can play at anytime

2. Eagles-Stud starters but a little shaky on the back end

3. Giants-Madison is getting old and lost Shaun Williams and Will Allen

4. Gurls-One CB that is solid in coverage that's it.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Quit being a homer, your D-line is nowhere near as talented as the eagles, giants, or cowboys. The only way you can get pressure is to blitz, blitz, blitz.

We led the NFC East in rush defense the last two years, that comes strictly from D-Line play. Stop thinking one dimensional and take into consideration the entire play of a group.

Why is everyone bashing Philly's backup RB? Moats played very well last year.

And Dallas has excellent depth at CB. We have three good starters in Glenn, Henry, and Newman. And our forth guy, Reeves, came on very strong last season. I think we have the best depth at CB by far.

And Dallas has excellent depth at CB. We have three good starters in Glenn, Henry, and Newman. And our forth guy, Reeves, came on very strong last season. I think we have the best depth at CB by far.

Yeah Glenn and Henry looked real good chasing after Lloyd and Moss last year...

Moats is avg. at best that's why Philly has the worst depth at RB.

Aaron Glenn is slow and old, Henry is good against big physical WR's but speedy WR's give him fits, Newman is legit, and if Reeves has to play a lot of snaps there will be a lot of happy OC's in the NFL.

I look at depth as how much drop off there is between the starter and the backup. can the backup come in and be almost as good. will the team miss a beat regardless of how good the starters are.

I think dallas has better RB depth. JJ is not as good as postis, but barber came in and dallas offense was just as good. the running game didn't change much with barber.

there is a big difference between portis and betts.

thrash!! give me a break.

Patten!! same thing.

washington is three deep at WR and right now over all they are better than the rest of the teams. its really close though between dallas and wasington. giants are 3rd and eagles are 4th.

cooley...I look at him as a TE.

I think dallas is better shape. the skins D suffered last year when griffin was out. the team was struggling and didn't have that edge on defense. dallas used a 7 man rotation on defense. Ellis was the starter, then he got replaced by canty. same with spears. dallas did lose glover but he wasn't playing much by the end of the year.

in terms of depth, dallas is in better shape. giants and philly and washington are close 2nd.

Saftey....again its not about starters (different debate). its about depth. dallas signed coleman, probably will draft a FS and they have last year's starter in Davis. If Taylor goes down...then the skins secondary is a lot different. same with AA.

CB...interesting position. I think the giants have good depth, so does dallas. I think the skins have the least depth between the 4.

well then using your logic your offensive line must really suck. didnt our DE Phillip Daniels sack your QB four times in one game last year?

I don't think any of you really know about any other team's depth. These are players that you don't see; rookies who maybe only played in the preseason, but have upside. As for O-Line, to say any NFC East team has better depth than the Eagles is absurd. They lost 3 of their starters for the season last year and kept on playing. The Skins O-Line depth is by far the worst. Dallas' line truly suffered after Flozell Adams went down and the Giant's O-Line was merely servicable last year.

Moats is avg. at best that's why Philly has the worst depth at RB.

Aaron Glenn is slow and old, Henry is good against big physical WR's but speedy WR's give him fits, Newman is legit, and if Reeves has to play a lot of snaps there will be a lot of happy OC's in the NFL.

Glenn played very well in a starting role, just a small downgrade over Henry. He is definately the best nickel corner in the division.

And Reeves played very well in a nickel role and he was clutch in a couple late game situations, including the Eagles game which he broke up what looked to be a sure catch to put the Eagles in position to make an easy game winning FG.

And I would take Moats 5.1 YPC before I took Betts 3.8

Archived