Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Democratic party invented the culture of corruption

Stigmata

this ones pretty recent from Judicial watch:

AND: I agree, the independent Republican was removed from the Ethics committee and 2 more republicans were put on the committee to essentially shut it down...

ok, looks like when the dems had control of the ethics committee they still couldn't hide behind the law and many have been busted. cough, jail, fines, forced from office, cough ignored because the dems held control of the ethics committee cough cough...

If anything the democrats are so corrupt they couldn't be trusted being on the ethics committee.

Again nothing but assertions and assumptions from the left.

Dian Frankenstein er feinstein asserted today that America has no legal obligation to defend Taiwan if they are attacked. This is outrageous to say the least, who put her in charge, who made her the speaker of the president, who allowed her to speak for the defense secretary. All while the chinese self installed dictator was in Washington.

Ethics charges should be brought up on Frankenstein for these comments, her Husband is so deep in China its disgusting. Can you say conflict of interest?

Ok lets see.

"With the eyes of the nation on China during Chinese President Hu Jintao's U.S. visit, Sen. Dianne Feinstein urged China and Taiwan to negotiate a framework that would allow their increasingly close business ties to ripen into a "mutually agreed upon status quo.''

Feinstein's proposal came in a speech to the annual meeting of the Committee of 100, a nonprofit organization of prominent Chinese Americans that works to advance Asian Americans and promote commercial and cultural ties between Beijing and Washington. The group is meeting through Saturday at the Four Seasons Hotel in San Francisco.

Feinstein, who in 1979 as mayor of San Francisco brokered a sister-city relationship between San Francisco and Shanghai, blasted Taiwan President Chen Shui-bian in her speech. Chen, she said, has taken what she characterized as a provocative and belligerent stance toward mainland China, all for his personal political gain, in hopes that he can be hailed as the savior who stands up to Communist China.

She praised mainland China -- which regards Taiwan as a renegade province -- for declining to take Chen's bait, while simultaneously calling on Beijing to dismantle the hundreds of ballistic missiles that it has positioned opposite Taiwan in a clear military threat to the island.

Rather than confrontation, Beijing and Taipei -- with patient diplomatic support from Washington -- should use two-way trade across Taiwan Strait that reached $80 billion last year as a platform for more political dialogue and closer ties, Feinstein said. She noted that about 4 million Taiwanese tourists traveled to mainland China in 2005; that about 1 million Taiwanese live on the mainland; and that Taiwanese investors have already poured $100 billion into China.

"These statistics are strong indicators of the influence of economic integration on the cross-strait relationship,'' she said. "I deeply believe that this will one day lead to political integration and will ultimately provide the solution.'' "

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/04/21/BUGGKICDFS1.DTL&hw=Feinstein&sn=001&sc=1000

Hmmm. How amazing. She suggests attempting to find a non-confrontational solution through economic ties. How outrageous.

You are right. Ethics charges should be brought against senior US Senators who dare to discuss US foreign policy toward China in public speeches to Chinese-American business groups. It's treason! TREASON!

Ok lets see.

"With the eyes of the nation on China during Chinese President Hu Jintao's U.S. visit, Sen. Dianne Feinstein urged China and Taiwan to negotiate a framework that would allow their increasingly close business ties to ripen into a "mutually agreed upon status quo.''

Feinstein's proposal came in a speech to the annual meeting of the Committee of 100, a nonprofit organization of prominent Chinese Americans that works to advance Asian Americans and promote commercial and cultural ties between Beijing and Washington. The group is meeting through Saturday at the Four Seasons Hotel in San Francisco.

Feinstein, who in 1979 as mayor of San Francisco brokered a sister-city relationship between San Francisco and Shanghai, blasted Taiwan President Chen Shui-bian in her speech. Chen, she said, has taken what she characterized as a provocative and belligerent stance toward mainland China, all for his personal political gain, in hopes that he can be hailed as the savior who stands up to Communist China.

She praised mainland China -- which regards Taiwan as a renegade province -- for declining to take Chen's bait, while simultaneously calling on Beijing to dismantle the hundreds of ballistic missiles that it has positioned opposite Taiwan in a clear military threat to the island.

Rather than confrontation, Beijing and Taipei -- with patient diplomatic support from Washington -- should use two-way trade across Taiwan Strait that reached $80 billion last year as a platform for more political dialogue and closer ties, Feinstein said. She noted that about 4 million Taiwanese tourists traveled to mainland China in 2005; that about 1 million Taiwanese live on the mainland; and that Taiwanese investors have already poured $100 billion into China.

"These statistics are strong indicators of the influence of economic integration on the cross-strait relationship,'' she said. "I deeply believe that this will one day lead to political integration and will ultimately provide the solution.'' "

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/04/21/BUGGKICDFS1.DTL&hw=Feinstein&sn=001&sc=1000

Hmmm. How amazing. She suggests attempting to find a non-confrontational solution through economic ties. How outrageous.

You are right. Ethics charges should be brought against senior US Senators who dare to discuss US foreign policy toward China in public speeches to Chinese-American business groups. It's treason! TREASON!

Good job Pred you hear the BS and miss the point, that statement of America has no obligation to defend Taiwan trumps her BS, husband needs China to be our friend so they can make money, and not to mention its fubar for a senator to make such a statement.. its ok defend her..

Dian Frankenstein er feinstein asserted today that America has no legal obligation to defend Taiwan if they are attacked.

And she is correct.

The US has no legal obligation to defend Puerto Rico if attacked.

The closest we could get to a "legal obligation" to defend a country would be a treaty. And treaties are binding on the US untill the US decides not to be bound by them any more.

For example, that's why Oklahoma isn't known as "Indian Territory" any more.

The US can't be prosecuted for breaking a treaty for the same reason W can't be prosecuted for leaking classified material. If he decides to leak it, then it's not classified.

(Not to say that breaking a treaty doesn't cost the US some reputation. It's just not illegal.)

The US has no legal obligation to defend Puerto Rico if attacked.

Puerto Rico has authority over its internal affairs. United States

controls: interstate trade, foreign relations and commerce, customs

administration, control of air, land and sea, immigration and emigration,

nationality and citizenship, currency, maritime laws, military service,

military bases, army, navy and air force, declaration of war,

constitutionality of laws, jurisdictions and legal procedures, treaties,

radio and television--communications, agriculture, mining and minerals,

highways, postal system; Social Security, and other areas generally

controlled by the federal government in the United States.

http://welcome.topuertorico.org/government.shtml

I think Puerto Rico was a poor choice, Puerto Rico being attacked is nothing like someone attacking Taiwan inregards to US legal obligations. Should have gone with some other country like say djibouti or belarus.

Should have gone with some other country like say djibouti or belarus.

You know, I wouldn't mind moving to the country of Dijbouti. I'm actually rather obsessed with it -- Dijbouti that is. Can't stop thinking of it night and day. It's like a motherland to me, really.

I'd write an anthem for it and sing it proud ... Dijbouti deserves it. All men should sing the praises of Dijbouti!

You know, I wouldn't mind moving to the country of Dijbouti. I'm actually rather obsessed with it -- Dijbouti that is. Can't stop thinking of it night and day. It's like a motherland to me, really.

I'd right an anthem for it and sing it proud ... Dijbouti deserves it.

you sir know your countries, I have aspirations to run that country.

you sir know your countries, I have aspirations to run that country.

Sorry, I got carried away -- I've got Dijbouti on the brain. It happens. (alot)

So dreamwolf -- would your title be? King of Dijbouti? Commander of Dijbouti? Or something that hearkens of back to the USSR --- Secretary of Dijbouti?

Imagine being in control of all Dijbouti.

Have to pinch myself in Dijbouti and snap out of it.

Sorry, I got carried away -- I've got Dijbouti on the brain. It happens. (alot)

So dreamwolf -- would your title be? King of Dijbouti? Commander of Dijbouti? Or something that hearkens of back to the USSR --- Secretary of Dijbouti?

Imagine being in control of all Dijbouti.

Have to pinch myself in Dijbouti and snap out of it.

It would be something self serving like Master of Dijbouti or something, but I would be loving to Dijbouti. I would treat it with care, and would make all the Dijbouti's feel loved.

Archived