Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mooch is thinking payback...

MRMADD

I pray to god that Spurrier has some more tricks up his sleeve. However, I think that our chances are much better against the niner D than against that nasty Philly D. Ahmed Plummer doesn't scare me nearly as much as Vincent or those guys do. I think that SOS will have the midnight oil burning this week coming up with a gameplan to get us back on the right track.

Originally posted by escholz

...I think that SOS will have the midnight oil burning this week coming up with a gameplan to get us back on the right track.

I doubt it. He's probably looking for tee times, remember he doesn't believe in working long hours, he thinks he doesn't have to, and you guys thought he didn't have to either. What do you think now?

Yes we are. But I don't have to compare the loses now do I?

Ok I will :)

We lost to a Strong 2-0 Saint team 5 possesions into OT

You lost by the end of the first qtr. on MNF

Yes I'm rubbing it in :) But I'm not being malicious. ;)

Lots of games left, I'm sure you'll have your chance to get back at me. :)

We scored the same number of offensive touchdowns in our loss to the Eagles that you did in your win against the Ravens. I'd probably not be quite as flip, OD :).

The Niners are struggling, but, the way we are struggling on defense picking up our assignments leaves us open to watching them get well soon. It's a short week. My hope is that because it's short Lewis won't be able to over complicate things. He'll have to simplify it a little and let the player's play, rather than think on the field.

We saw the SAME stuff last year to start the year. Athletes aren't as good when they are counting steps and thinking through assignments as when they are just comfortable within a system and playing naturally within it. Lewis needs to bring the system's complexity down, get the players comfortable in situations they can succeed in and then add wrinkles over time. Here's a very good test for him.

Its ok. Its obvious One Dollar is still miffed over the drubbing we gave Tampa during the preseason. I would be too if I were him. :cool:

But seriously, if Mooch is thinking payback, good for him. Let him think that he can try and pay us back. I think the defense is going to be in a foul mood come this Sunday. I know I'm going to be in a foul mood all this week, and this is my bloody birthday week. :cuss: :soapbox:

Now this is constructive thinking -- let's just put yesterday behind us and think about kicking Mooch's *** once again as he richly deserves.

They just showed the clip on Sportscenter again of SOS saying "If he feels that way, that's OK. They'll probably be real excited when we play again, and we'll be excited, too."

That's where my concentration is now. It's official.

Originally posted by 70Chip

Now this is constructive thinking -- let's just put yesterday behind us and think about kicking Mooch's *** once again as he richly deserves.

That's where my concentration is now. It's official.

Okay 70 Chip, I think it is time to move on. It is only one game out of 16. I think our team will be extra hungry against the 49ers after the Monday night debacle. Our team now knows that it must give a maximum effort and play 60 minutes of football, because we really are underdogs. The good news for the Redskins is that a road game will lessen all the distractions and if we can just concentrate and take it one week at a time, I think we will be okay.

The Philly loss will either destroy this team or bring it together. I do know that we have some good talent on this team and would like to believe we can get it together. Yes, we are still about 4 to 6 players away from making a serious run at the Super Bowl....but we can at least show some heart and fight for a wild card spot. I want to see that fight on Sunday. I would not have been so upset with the "Pepper Spray game" if the Redskins showed me some heart and fight. They did neither. Spurrier was right, he needs to get his act together as well. Hail to the Redskins!

Hoosier -- Good thoughts, and I think a lot of the same things motivated the Eagles this Monday. I watched the very start of the game again on Tivo (I wanted to see the Jennifer Garner thing again, OK?) and Madden was actually somewhat clairvoyant when he said that the Eagles had a lot of motivation to do well after their Week 1 loss and other comments similar to yours.

If form follows, the Skins will kick *** (and by the way, it's a football board -- why can't you say ***?) Sunday. Here's to wishful thinking.

Ah, yes. Any bit of adversity is guaranteed to bring Dollar Boy out of his hovel to caper gracelessly over our misfortune.

Before you pull a Grammatica and injure yourself dancing on our graves, let me point out that both yours and our losses are doubly painful because they are division losses. The only difference is that ours is to the favorite for division winner while you've stumbled already in a division you were expected to waltz thru. Hey, another dancing metaphor!

Glad to have you here, Dollar Boy. You are a constant reminder that no matter how bleak things may look, they could be much much worse.

I know One Dollar apears on this board from time to time....but did anyone notice he was no where to be found after we crushed the Bucks in the preseason. Ya I know the game did not matter. However the only thing the guy could offer up was a totally pathetic post offering up some excuse for not showing up to the board do to being at home on a computer with a slow connection. The man is gustless. He talks a lot of smack but so far has not shown himself man enough to eat his crow. If I recall correctly he left that game early.....way to support your team.....totally pathetic.

Did anyone see the special over the weekend ESPN did with the Holmgen rat pack? After the packers won the superbowl or the division. I can't remember which now. He went up and hugged Homegren, and it was so feminine it gave my the willies. It came on later that day on ESPN2 and I asked my wife for a female point of view on that hug. She said that was gay and there is a good reason why he is coaching in San Fran. Did anyone else see this and what did you think? I mean he hugged him and kissed him like he was a bone smuggler. Any thoughts??

Have another drink Wiskeypeet :)

I was here right after the loss, at my work computer (where I am now). I know Alcohol kind of makes you forgetful. ;) It was a pre-season game and yes I left early because after the sarters left the field my wife wanted to go and so did my 5 yr. old son.

You see I put my family first, Your priorities may be different.

Yes, I'm having fun with all this just as you all did after your gigantic Pre-season win :silly: No need to get all P'O'd it's all in fun, I learned a while back to enjoy football for what it is, a game. You win some you lose some. No biggie.

I mean do you remember all the threads here after the pre-season, claiming your ready to take the division, you'll be 3-0 at the bye, etc. etc.? I remeber them. :D

The Bucs will lose again this season and you'll pile on me I'm sure, heck after the pre-season win you had you guys even started a thread looking for me.

What I like about this loss is alot of you are talking sensible now realizing that it is the lack of talent at QB and not Spurrier that is the problem, something alot of other fans have been telling you but you got a false sense of security after the preseason success and was blind to it.

Lewis' schemes will take time to learn too just like Grudens schemes in Tampa will. It's all good, just don't take what I say to heart, this is just one of many BB's. I don't take anything anyone says here to heart.

:cheers:

Archived