Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES Cromartie Love Thread

CPstretch

Why not both?

Check this, we trade a 1st rd pick next yr for a late 1st rd pick this yr, plus we get another 2nd or 3rd or even 4th rd pick this yr. We might have to throw in a Wr like Patten or Jacobs too. But we would end up w/ a 1st rd pick this yr, another 2nd rd pick or 3rd or 4th. And it seems like Rocky may still be there at 53 so why couldn't we get both. :D

ur the first person i've seen to quote themselves...lol
Just showing my Cane love :laugh:

Oh, I forgot this is the Nole Love thread, my bad... :D

lol....i def. want sinorice else where...only cane i want in the draft this year is jennings or rocky :cool:

The thread sux - it's all about the Noles and Miami - I want someone to tell me why we should draft this guy - and preferably someone who's not from Florida and can be objective about it. People talk the same way everyone here is talking every year about 40 different guys, and only ~5-10 of them have any lasting impact....

It seems people really think than one rookie, with a suspect knee and not much experience, is going to be the difference between us winning the Super Bowl or not. I just don't get the allure of this guy.

I'd rather have another good LB.

Why is no one talking about Jimmy Williams from VT? Great size, great speed. (6'3", 216 pounds, 4.47) Because he waves his arms and talks smack? Didn't we love Smoot for that? JW's stock has been dropping, just like Smoot's did. People say his numbers declined, but hardly anybody threw to his side! Two sophomores on the other side, versus an All-American CB? Who would you throw at?

Also, the way we play secondary, he could start at safety in a pinch or be an awesome nickel back until Springs starts declining. He has no qualms about tackling.

Really, if we are going to throw picks around for a rookie CB, lets go all the way!

It seems people really think than one rookie, with a suspect knee and not much experience, is going to be the difference between us winning the Super Bowl or not. I just don't get the allure of this guy.

I'd rather have another good LB.

Why is no one talking about Jimmy Williams from VT? Great size, great speed. (6'3", 216 pounds, 4.47) Because he waves his arms and talks smack? Didn't we love Smoot for that? JW's stock has been dropping, just like Smoot's did. People say his numbers declined, but hardly anybody threw to his side! Two sophomores on the other side, versus an All-American CB? Who would you throw at?

Also, the way we play secondary, he could start at safety in a pinch or be an awesome nickel back until Springs starts declining. He has no qualms about tackling.

Really, if we are going to throw picks around for a rookie CB, lets go all the way!

Cromartie is just as tall as Jimmy Williams and he's faster...

There's a reson Williams stock has been dropping and Cromartie's has been rising...

Cromartie is just as tall as Jimmy Williams and he's faster...

There's a reson Williams stock has been dropping and Cromartie's has been rising...

What is the reason? An FSU guy is usually going to get more pub than some of these D-1AA guys I've heard as early second rounders.

Is Cromartie's knee better now?

Will a guy with little experience in game time really be the game breaker at CB people think we need? Will he be the one to put us over the top?

Jimmy will get drafted higher than him, so that must mean most people think he is a better player. Is it because Cromartie might have been top 10 next year? Jimmy Williams might have top 10 last year, if he came out.

I just don't get it, why THIS GUY is the one we should blow draft picks on.

Not to get into the FL trash talk, but VT has a pretty good record against "The U" also, although not good against FSU.

Cue the Miami guys talking about probation...

O GOD....not this thread again....don't bring miami into this...this has nothing to do with us....;)

just have a good o' debate between the noles and hokies....please don't mention miami or else i won't be able to control myself :laugh:

What is the reason? An FSU guy is usually going to get more pub than some of these D-1AA guys I've heard as early second rounders.

Is Cromartie's knee better now?

Will a guy with little experience in game time really be the game breaker at CB people think we need? Will he be the one to put us over the top?

Jimmy will get drafted higher than him, so that must mean most people think he is a better player. Is it because Cromartie might have been top 10 next year? Jimmy Williams might have top 10 last year, if he came out.

I just don't get it, why THIS GUY is the one we should blow draft picks on.

Not to get into the FL trash talk, but VT has a pretty good record against "The U" also, although not good against FSU.

Cue the Miami guys talking about probation...

Yeah VT does have a pretty good record against the U!

But VT always get wooped by FSU! :D

I'm outta here I'm goin to work...

VT fans now...oh boy. I don't need to say anything, the choke record speaks volumes:laugh:

Like choking on a peach, or choking in the Peach Bowl? :laugh:

Isn't one of the requirements of our CBs that they are physical at the line and at tackling? JW has a good 15 pounds on Cromartie. What do we emphasize: speed or size?

If not Jimmy Williams, why not Tye Hill? If everyone thinks that one bluechip CB is the difference, why don't we try to get the highest ranked one? Cromartie is ranked as 3rd best in a lot of mocks.

Where's the Clemson fans at to rep for their boy? We have to have some Skins fans in Carolina.

Just seems to me a lot of talk is centered on this ONE guy, and we have options which just might be better.

Like choking on a peach, or choking in the Peach Bowl? :laugh:

Just seems to me a lot of talk is centered on this ONE guy, and we have options which just might be better.

that statement i agree with...the first one about peach bowl....o well...we sucked....but so did u guys when we played....i remember all that trash talk about owning us and ended up gettin blown out....almost :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah. We shouldn't call him JW. It is MR. WILLIAMS.

mrwilliams.jpg

And yes, the Miami was one of the biggest disappointments I've experienced as a VT fan. Incredible hype just to come out and lay an egg. I think I like it better when Tech is the underdog.

mrwilliams.jpg

And yes, the Miami was one of the biggest disappointments I've experienced as a VT fan. Incredible hype just to come out and lay an egg. I think I like it better when Tech is the underdog.

same here...i like being underdogs too....

hmm...nice back muscles...:laugh: :laugh: I KID I KID

Oh, yeah. We shouldn't call him JW. It is MR. WILLIAMS.

mrwilliams.jpg

What a pompous prick :laugh:

Archived