Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Car Geeks!

TradeTheBeal!

Bought a new car last weekend!! Thought some of you might approve...It is a 2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, loaded, manual transmission. My first car was a 69 Stang fastback so this new ride is something of a dream come true for me. This pic is not quite accurate but is suitable. I would like to do something with the intake/exhaust so I welcome any comments. BTW, my plate will read " :logo: 3xsdop". Redskins three times dope!! I have 4xsdop reserved just in case!

PS - It drives like a dream! The reports of FoMoCo's demise are greatly exagerrated.

BlackConvertible-2.jpg

You should have gone for "3xdope" instead. If I saw 3xsdop on the road, I wouldn't be able to figure it out (thats just glancing at it, of course). I really don't get why people like the '06 Mustang so much... of course it performs but it looks somewhat ugly. Ford botched the front of that car somewhat, in my opinion.

You should have gone for "3xdope" instead. If I saw 3xsdop on the road, I wouldn't be able to figure it out (thats just glancing at it, of course). I really don't get why people like the '06 Mustang so much... of course it performs but it looks somewhat ugly. Ford botched the front of that car somewhat, in my opinion.

The word "dope" is a no-no on VA vanity plates. Styling-wise, I love the front end - just like my 69!! - but the back end is, for me, where the ball was dropped...only slightly though. Overall, just a great car! Highly recommended!

Nice car. For exhaust you can go with Flowmaster. If you change the

breather to an oil bath type, don't add the oil. This can actually cause

all kinds of driveability problems. Residual oil can be sucked up and foul

up the sensors and solenoids.

pretty cool ride but my dream car will always be the '68 stingray :drool:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!

that has got to be by far the most bad ass car ever built. my dad said when he was a teen when they first came out, a guy with one wanted to drag against my dad, who had a firebird. he said the guy burned out for a second, and it buckled pieces of asphalt from under him. my dad decided against it, that's power. my other fav car was when i turned 18, i bought and restored a 72 duster for drag, and that **** was hot. i had a 386 in it, and i burned past guys constantly. sadly, it was stolen and driven through an autoparts store :mad: i found out afterwards i hate insurance companies. all total for the car and work i put in, i spent over $30,000.......they cut me a check for $11,500 and thought it was fair....that barely covered the engine.

1972-Plymouth-Duster-340-blue-fa-sy.jpg

71 Plymouth Cuda 426 Hemi.

I love the old e-body Plymouth's. The Cuda is by far my favorite I would kill to have one.

I really like the new Mustangs not perfect but much better looking than anything most American makers have been putting out for the last decade.

Nice purchase.

Congrats on the new ride. I have an '05 Mustang GT, not convertible tho. Love mine, wouldn't buy any other new car on the market, best bang for the buck, imo. Of course, my Dad had a '68 fastback when I was teenager and was able to drive it some, so I am a bit partial, especially when they came out with the retro style.

You really don't NEED to do anything to the exhaust, unless you want the more aggresive sound. In that case cat-backs are all you need. The stock exhaust system is already 2.5 dia., plenty for a good unrestricted flow.

I think you may have to register, but this website site has a modification forum where I learned a ton about modding the '05/'06:

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/

Edit:

FYI, I put off putting on axle-backs early on because of lack of funds, but I was quite pleased to learn the exhaust got significantly deeper and louder after a few months break-in period, maybe to the point of not putting them on at all. But I will still likely put 'em on eventually, because I like that window rattling rumble when you really get on the gas :D .

Also, on the forums linked above, there is a sticky thread with audio clips of most of the most popular exhaust sounds, which may help you choose which one of the many available you like the most.

Man I hope Dodge makes the new Challenger, I will be all over that.

My Dad has a '70 Challenger R/T with a 383 (not a 386, wherever you get those from :silly: ) It is such a nice car. If i had my choice (and the $$$) I would get a '71 GTX with a 426 Hemi.

Or if I was really made of money, a 1970 Plymouth Superbird, preferably 426, but I guess a 440 six-pak would be ok:rolleyes:

Archived