Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More conspiracy by the media???

DOOG

Has anyone noticed that that anytime the media is using highlight reels for a particular player or team that it always seems to show them scoring or sacking or making an INT against the Skins. If it can make someone look bad they use the Skins as the goat. Is this truly a media conspiracy or is it the "new car theory"? The new car theory is when you buy a new car, everywhere you turn seems to be the car you just purchased, are you more aware or are there really more of those cars?:rolleyes: :laugh: Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.:logo:

i haven't noticed that. i don't think that most highlight reels show a player going against us, but i could be wrong i suppose.

but something i have noticed is that if you look at a lot of NFL clips that they show on tv like for a commercial or something, they almost never show the redskins. i'll see five clips of the patriots, the colts, the eagles, i'll even see a clip of new orleans, but NEVER a clip of the redskins. it's no secret, no one likes us boys.

Your paranoid, it's just the new car thing. When your watching those kind of clips you couldn't care less about all the other teams getting torched in one way or another but when you see the Skins getting whaled on it cuts at you. I know the feeling, like when they always insist on showing that freakin Marcus Allen run he had against us in the Superbowl, it still hurts. It does seem like the Skins get dissed when it comes to showing them in action clips to promote things, I always think of that when there will be some NFL promotion with all these cool clips being shown of guys making great plays and they'll be no shots of a Skins player doing something outstanding, or those fat head commercials with all these boneheads from all these other teams with their stupid likeness on the screen and nothing again from the Skins, where's the love.

You all are so paranoid with this media thing its become idiotic. Fans of other teams complain in the SAME exact manner, everytime a highlight shows some one scoring against their team, they also get angry... The media does not have a smear campaign against the redskins, they do not get together in secret meetings in some unknown cave to plan on how to bash the redskins all year round...you all need to relax.

ESPN was doing a draft piece on the Gnats this morning and they showed quite a few clips of Tiki running against the Skins. But to be fair, he did have his best day against us last year.

The gratifying part was that they said the Gnats should draft a CB in the first round since they'll need people to cover the Skins wide receivers. :cheers:

ESPN was doing a draft piece on the Gnats this morning and they showed quite a few clips of Tiki running against the Skins. But to be fair, he did have his best day against us last year.

The gratifying part was that they said the Gnats should draft a CB in the first round since they'll need people to cover the Skins wide receivers. :cheers:

he had a better day against the chiefs. not saying there is a conspiracy, but he did have a better day against the chiefs, and it was a prime time game

Yes, I have noticed this a lot recently. But there is a simple answer; I keep seeing a lot of highlights of teams scoring on us/picking us off etc. lately, and it's because teams have been scoring on us/picking us off a lot lately!!! Lets face it, barring last year we have had some pretty sucky seasons in the last few years.

in madden 06, the videos before, they show Marcus Stroud, and his clip is sacking a Redskins QB, but not just any Redskins QB, but none other than Shane Matthews. Now come on, that was the 2002 season :doh:, they decide to show a video that old on there, and I wonder for what reason...?

When was the last time, if ever you saw a highlight of someone sacking the hell out of Peyton Manning. You could easily show their "poster boys" getting punked (McNabb, anyone on Dallas, etc) but because they are popular right now with the mainstream, the NFL won't do it. Skins fans are a hardcore lot and don't care about those other teams. Conversely outside their fanbase (which is extensive) they don't sell much merchandise. The NFL is going for the "lets make whoever is trendy look good" deal.

You all are so paranoid with this media thing its become idiotic. Fans of other teams complain in the SAME exact manner, everytime a highlight shows some one scoring against their team, they also get angry... The media does not have a smear campaign against the redskins, they do not get together in secret meetings in some unknown cave to plan on how to bash the redskins all year round...you all need to relax.

I agree, well said! :applause:

Archived