Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where did Lavar go?

scottlo34

He will never play for Dallas, he has said that before!!! He will end up in NY because most of his family lives here on the east coast!!!!:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

You should have learned by now that Lavar is a PR genius. He says all the right things to get the fans on his side and become a fan favorite. Remember when he said I'll retire before playing for another team, or He always wants to be a Redskin while pounding his chest. Then he bought his way out of town. Lavar speaks only to put himself in the role of victim or hero, there is no middle ground, it is and always has been about keeping the fans on his side.

He is from, and has family in, Pitt. so the NYG would be about the same distance as Washington, if he were thinking about staying close to his childhood home. To say he won't play in Dallass because Lavar said he won't is a wasted post, as Lavar has pretty much showed how much weight his word holds.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Did I hear he failed a physical at Jax? Or was I dreaming?

He did fail the physical. His value has dropped faster than the stock market. His biggest mistake was thinking he could write a check for his freedom, thinking teams would line up to pay him, only to wake up, and realize his dream was a nightmare.

He thought somehow his reputation would precede his performance over the past two years, and the NFL doesn't care how popular you are with hometown fans, they care how well you play within your coaches system.

I would hope he has learned his lesson now, and hope he can pass someones physical, and make a team somewhere. He does deserve a shot to play. Time will only tell if he made the biggest mistake in his life, not learning and playing in Greg Williams system.

He will never play for Dallas, he has said that before!!! He will end up in NY because most of his family lives here on the east coast!!!!:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I remember being that trusting as a child.

Apparently its worth repeating here that Brushback.com features often hysterical but fictional sports "news" stories based on actual happenings in the "real" sports news, for those who don't know.

Sometimes their satire might hit truly close to home, which is what makes satire most effective.

....To say he won't play in Dallass because Lavar said he won't is a wasted post, as Lavar has pretty much showed how much weight his word holds.

Agree! but I think it has nothing to do with where his family lives and/or what he said in past and what not. I remember him saying that he would "hate" to go to Dallas. None of that means nothing. It would make more sense if a guy like LA signed up with Dallas. But the kind of money he is asking for, Dallas most likely can't afford him. However, if no one signs him and the time runs out, I think he may end up going to Dallas. I'd be surprised if we re-signed him. GW system doesn't have a place for him, well, other than warming the bench. We've had the best of him, I'll give you dat:D

=painfulyetloyal

Maybe it was a little bit of everything, but after reading this little article Ive lost all respect for Lavar.

You DO know that this article is made up and that Lavar didn't actually say any of that?

The article is a spoof. So is the entire site.

LaVar Arrington Thinks He’d Be Great Fit With Whoever Is Highest Bidder

MIAMI--Free agent linebacker LaVar Arrington said he thinks he’d be a “great fit” for whichever team pays him the most money. Right now the race is between Miami, Cincinnati, and Jacksonville, all of whom are said to be balking at Arrington’s asking price. In the end, he’ll sell himself to the highest bidder.

“I’m definitely intrigued by, and really like the scheme of, whichever team offers me the most money,” Arrington told reporters yesterday. “It will come down to a race between whoever showers me with the most riches. There are a lot of factors to consider when signing with a new team, such as the signing bonus, the amount of guaranteed money, and bonus incentives. So I’m weighing my options. But let me reiterate once again to all potential suitors: You could do a lot worse than offer me the most money. Have I made myself clear?”

http://www.thebrushback.com/

;)[/quote

Ummm, If you guys havent read this, I recommend it. I loved Lavar his first few years here but last year when he kept swearing he wanted to be a Redskin for life, there was something that was screaming 'bulls#it' to me. Maybe it was his demeanor, or the fact that he doesnt look in the camera or in the eyes of whomever is asking the questions. Maybe it was a little bit of everything, but after reading this little article Ive lost all respect for Lavar. We were a good defense with him and we were a good defense without him, we proved that. And I'll go out on a limb here and say that our defense will be the best, this year, than its been since Lavar has been here. I know he had a big presence in the locker room, but hopefully his friends who are still Redskins will see that we're better off without him. What a piece of s***. I applaud JG and Mr. Snyder for handling the Lavar situation with as much class as they did, because its painfully obvious NOW how that whole situation went down. I hope Lavar has both his legs broken.

What limb are you actually going on? Is there money on this?

so if he came bac to washington for reduced pay you guys wouldnt take him back, HAIL

All though I love the idea, I just cant see it happening.

Only way this happens is if this was all a game and LaVar and the Skins knew he couldnt pass the physical and it was clear he wasnt going to make that great money here or anywhere else when the news broke. So he give the Skins 4 mil back so he can continue to rehab and keep his options open and if he cant find anything, return home for less money and continue the rehab.

Woooow, that would be a long shot.

Cuz if that isnt true, no way he pays 4 mil to leave and comes back for less. He may go somewhere else for less but they just dont come back for less. It would be admitting they were wrong, which they are anyways because they had to sign for less, but it not so close to the bone.

I'll miss having LaVar. Chance or not, when he started playing again, we started having more turnovers. Thats a fact.

If he can get healthy again, he will be a beast somewhere. If not, look for him in Hollywood. What was the white dude? Bozz?

Anyone think LaVar may have been a roid dude? He was huge and hes not as big as he was.

Agree! but I think it has nothing to do with where his family lives and/or what he said in past and what not. I remember him saying that he would "hate" to go to Dallas. None of that means nothing. It would make more sense if a guy like LA signed up with Dallas. But the kind of money he is asking for, Dallas most likely can't afford him. However, if no one signs him and the time runs out, I think he may end up going to Dallas. I'd be surprised if we re-signed him. GW system doesn't have a place for him, well, other than warming the bench. We've had the best of him, I'll give you dat:D

And Jones is more of an ego head I want to be buddy with the team guy then Dan is. Dan grew up as an owner. It would be like going home for LaVar. Him and TO together with Jones. Its a match made in heaven.

How do you know we need Lavar? Fact is we didn't Lavar or Mike Barrow to pull off a pretty good year in 04. It's pretty obvious to everyone living in reality that Lavar was expendable. For example us Lavar bashing fans, oh and the freaking coaching staff didn't think that highly of Lavar to keep him around but keep up the good fight DCMONEY you don't look ridiculous.

He made a hell of a play against Seattle letting that RB catch a third down dump off pass and take it for a first down late in the game, is that the play you were referring to? Your boy is gone get over it.

I agree with the fact that Lavar was expendable this year. But, truth be told; he bought himself out of his contract rather awaiting for his release if it ever came to that. There was a deliberation over whether or not Lavar was buying into the coaching staffs concept. Slowly, we as fans began to see Lavar's superstardom tarnish. The organization created a monster and then when it began to not cooperate- decided to put it to rest. Who knows where Lavar is now? As long as he is being a lovable father to his daughter Marlee and an endurable husband- he will always have his fortunes at heart. :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Archived