Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Sign Hood : 1 year contract

Number5

You gained 120 yards and won the game because of some fortunate bounces and points scored by your defense. Again, Tampa Defense did everything a team could do to dominate a team and win the game.

Except score, and put their team in position to score. The Redskins defense did do that, and the Redskins won because of it. I don't know how you can argue it any other way. It really makes you look pretty bad.

To jrock, this is because there were a few passes almost completed! A hair away! I seriously can't believe he went there, but I digress.

Went where? There were three plays I can think of that were a hair away from being big gainers. Two of them were directly linked to Portis' and Brunell being gimpy, and the third was an excellent play by the only Tampa defender who could have stopped it.

You obviously didn't even watch the game, or you would not be making these comments.

Oh yeah, and the injury bug he likes to bring up when discussing the Skins but shouts down if any other team's fan does it. :laugh:

What? WB -- don't they screen for drug use at Kaneohe??

You gained 120 yards and won the game because of some fortunate bounces and points scored by your defense. Again, Tampa Defense did everything a team could do to dominate a team and win the game.

Thats just your opinion so its pretty much meaningless. :laugh: :laugh:

So what you are saying is that when you defense, gives up almost double the amount of yards that the other team gains......spends almost 10 more minutes on the field then the other team......then it basically punks another team?

Exactly!! Our offense wasn't doing squat, yet our defense still put up awesome numbers and dominated. Again, to put it in perspective, Tampa gained 243 total yards. The New York Jets were 31st in this category in the regular season, gaining 248 yards per game. San Fran was the only team with a worse ypg output at 218. Tampa put up offensive numbers on par with the worst teams in the NFL all season. I'd say that's a very good job by our defense, ESPECIALLY considering the fact that they were on the field so much.

How can you say otherwise??

Let me try another stat. Tampa had the ball for 34 and a half minutes, and put up offensive numbers on par with San Fran and the Jets. Wanna guess what their average TOP was for the season? San Fran had the ball for 27 minutes and 18 seconds, and the Jets had the ball 26 minutes and 37 seconds. Tampa had the ball for 7-8 minutes longer, and still could not put up better numbers.

To me, get punked would apply to the 1st Eagles/Dallas game or both Redskins/Giants games......total domination, not winning a close game.

Our offense was pathetic. Funny you should mention the Giants game though...our offense only managed 125 yards in that debacle, and got blown out 36-0. Our offense had LESS total yards in the Tampa game, and still won.

Tampa, you just got PUNK'D!!

I'm having trouble understanding the logic. Like I said, both defenses played very well.....but to say that one defense punked the other in my eyes is a stretch.....I feel that to say punked is a strong word.....and it doesn't truely apply to this game. Both defenses played well......

I'm saying our defense punked Tampa...our defense can't punk Tampa's defense...they're not on the field at the same time. :doh: Hopefully the above arguments will sway your opinion...:whoknows:

jrock, since you brought up the passes which were a hair away from being completed, are you going to neglect the bomb that bounced off the Tampa WRs hands at the end of the game which would have tied it up?

When did I neglect that? That was on the receiver, plain and simple. He dropped the ball. The plays I'm referring to were because of the thrower, not the catcher. Every team has at least a couple dropped balls per game. Theirs came at a very opportune time for us! :D

The way you rationalize things is amazing! :laugh:

What rationalization?

How is it that you guys rationalize away the entire season due to injuries, but I try to explain two passing plays in one game were due to injury, and you jump all over me?

Hypocritical much? :laugh:

Exactly!! Our offense wasn't doing squat, yet our defense still put up awesome numbers and dominated. Again, to put it in perspective, Tampa gained 243 total yards. The New York Jets were 31st in this category in the regular season, gaining 248 yards per game. San Fran was the only team with a worse ypg output at 218. Tampa put up offensive numbers on par with the worst teams in the NFL all season. I'd say that's a very good job by our defense, ESPECIALLY considering the fact that they were on the field so much.

How can you say otherwise??

Let me try another stat. Tampa had the ball for 34 and a half minutes, and put up offensive numbers on par with San Fran and the Jets. Wanna guess what their average TOP was for the season? San Fran had the ball for 27 minutes and 18 seconds, and the Jets had the ball 26 minutes and 37 seconds. Tampa had the ball for 7-8 minutes longer, and still could not put up better numbers.

Our offense was pathetic. Funny you should mention the Giants game though...our offense only managed 125 yards in that debacle, and got blown out 36-0. Our offense had LESS total yards in the Tampa game, and still won.

Tampa, you just got PUNK'D!!

I'm saying our defense punked Tampa...our defense can't punk Tampa's defense...they're not on the field at the same time. :doh: Hopefully the above arguments will sway your opinion...:whoknows:

All I can do is :no: shake my head......If you feel that strongly about "punking" a team and that you use this as your arguement, then :applause: .......

For me, punking a team or a person for that matter is physically beating them down, wearing them down, abusing them, etc.......and based on what you have said....I see no signs of punking anyone.

Like I have said, your defense is good, so is theirs and in that particular game......your team won, and theirs didn't.

All I can do is :no: shake my head......If you feel that strongly about "punking" a team and that you use this as your arguement, then :applause: .......

For me, punking a team or a person for that matter is physically beating them down, wearing them down, abusing them, etc.......and based on what you have said....I see no signs of punking anyone.

Like I have said, your defense is good, so is theirs and in that particular game......your team won, and theirs didn't.

We've got different definitions then...imho, the Skins defense punked Tampa in their home stadium in a playoff game. You can think otherwise, but I've presented a multitude of stats that say otherwise. :whoknows:

Archived