Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ft. Lauderdale, FL Travel Advice Needed

zoony

Well, never been to Ft Lauderdale myself so I'm no help in the advice department....

...but I sure would like to be a fly on the wall when you and your wife are sitting their watching some late night TV....and on comes the commercial for the latest 'Girls Gone Wild Sprin Break Fort Lauderdale' video...and there's zoony in the midst of hot babes....

Well, never been to Ft Lauderdale myself so I'm no help in the advice department....

...but I sure would like to be a fly on the wall when you and your wife are sitting their watching some late night TV....and on comes the commercial for the latest 'Girls Gone Wild Sprin Break Fort Lauderdale' video...and there's zoony in the midst of hot babes....

LOL don't I wish :)

the cansino should be on the Indian res. which is a ways down alligator alley (I-75).

I'd go to south beach Miami (Collins Ave.). It'll take you 50 min to get down there, but lots to look at, eat, and do.

Ft. L has a couple of nice "gentleman's clubs" so I hear :paranoid:

I thought we had some extremers that lived in that area. I guess it is too far south... For some reason I had it in my head that you were in that area.

the cansino should be on the Indian res. which is a ways down alligator alley (I-75).

I'd go to south beach Miami (Collins Ave.). It'll take you 50 min to get down there, but lots to look at, eat, and do.

Ft. L has a couple of nice "gentleman's clubs" so I hear :paranoid:

Actually, Hard Rock is on the seminole reservation at 441 between Stirling and Griffin, so its not very far at all. Its a pretty cool place, they've got gambling and some nice restaurants/bars and lots of shopping, but it is pretty expensive. The Irish bar is really nice (can't remember the name...getting old :doh: ).

River Front is downtown Ft. Lauderdale, and is pretty nice. The only thing is you'll be there in prime spring-break time, and River Front will be crammed after 9pm...wall to wal people in the streets. If you do decide to go, check out Tarpon Bend...very mellow place that usually has live music. If you're into dance clubs, check out Cafe Iguana. Max's is another bar, its pretty high-class but its always two-for-one drinks there, which is nice. River Front is a nicer area, so a lot of the bars have dress-codes (closed-toe shoes and long pants). They like to be dicks about enforcing the dress code as well. I tend to avoid places like that, but that's just me.

Beach Place is on Ft. Lauderdale beach, and I like it better. Most of the bars are open to the environment, and you get nice sea breezes coming off the ocean. Your hotel will be able to tell you how to get there...they've got all kinds of stuff. They've got Howl at the Moon, which is a piano bar...I always like those places. Beach Place will also be pretty packed with spring breakers.

Another really cool bar (but somewhat expensive) is Mai-Kai's, off Federal highway. I believe its between Commercial and Oakland Park...could be wrong though. Its a polynesian themed restaurant, and they have these really good barrells of rum. Wednesdays is happy hour, so you can two for one. At $11 a pop (a few years ago) they aren't cheap. But its 4 shots of rum (2 light, 2 dark) and fruit juice...pretty good.

If you like Country-Western music, check out The Round-Up. I can't remember where its located, but your hotel should be able to find it for you.

That should keep you going for a few days. Also, if you like Mexican food, check out Roberto's Taco Shop. 24 hours, and really inexpensive...its like a real Mexican food version of Taco Bell...awesome. And if you can make it up to Boca Raton, check out Cannoli Kitchen -- best pizza ever.

Avoid The Copa -- its a gay bar.

Thanks JRock! :cheers:

I'm actually meeting two people from corporate Human Resources (yeeha :doh: )... so I probably won't be able to do the bar thing, unless I want to do it by myself. :loser:

But I'm sure we'll go out to a few good dinners, and probably poke around. But the good news is, it looks like I'll be coming down a few times a year from now on, so I'll have plenty of time to hit a lot of those spots.

Thanks again for the tips... I'm going to hit the Mexican place, I love Mexican foods.

And Dean... I guess that means you're not going to meet me for a beer? :)

Archived