Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

who do you fear...

sjcdzzy

who do you fear most monday night?

staley?macnabb passing or running? the wrs? i think you contain the qbs running,make him pass to win. the redskins d is gonna

beat up those wrs all game.thrash is a player and like him,but the eagles dont have enough at wr to go up and down the field.so stop 5s running win the game

what you, i wouldn't necessarily say fear, but need to keep in check are 3 things: hugh - mcnabb - and b-dawk. spurrier had better made some nice hot receiver routes to counter the eagles blitz and allow matthews to get rid of the ball quickly. i don't worry about the birds offense. if we are able to neautralize the blitz in any way we should be in good shape.

two things that i think will determine the winner in this game is turnover's and special teams. we can't be put in the position that we need our kicker to win it for us or make a clutch kick, and we can't afford to have matthews throwing picks under the blitzing pressure.

on offense,davis will see another workload like ar. game.he gained 112 aqnd 80 against them last year.i think the run is the way to attack.shane better be in control cause that d is coming.i hope kicking game doesnt hurt us.dont have to win it just not hurt us.

somebody smack #5

If we control Mcnabb, be control the game. The Eagles don't have a game breaking WR, their running game is 'decent'..and that's being nice. If we avoid turnovers and contain Mcnabb, then we 'should' win. Oh, Davis must be productive....but I don't doubt that he will be.

I think I fear the Redskins more than anyone who will be wearing green on Monday night. I feel if we don't win this game it wil be due to our own errors rather than the Eagles.

No disrespect to the Eagles, either. I've picked them to take the East (might not do it now) and I still think they'll have a decent season, but we still have a lot of newness throughout our team and at SOME point you have to figure that's going to translate into mistakes and lackluster play.

Hope it's not this Monday night. :)

I fear their blitzes and their secondary. Like the rest of the country, I am waiting to see how the offense does against a top defense. It's not that I don't have faith in SOS..I do. It's just hard for me to accept that a completely new offense could be established in such a short time...and with QB's whose pro track records are mediocre at best. Nothing new there, the media been preaching this for months. However, I was expecting the offense to take during the final quarter of the season and to be really effective next year. Add the Norvitis (great term from Art), and you can see why it's hard for me to make the leap of faith and expect the Skins O to take it to Philly.

I wanna believe, and if they win, I will cast off my doubts. In the same vein, I am expecting some D adustments as well. Another new system with new players. Has any team ever hads such radical changes in one year on both sides of the ball and had an exceptional season?

1. Joe Johnson. If he can manage some surprises with blitz packages the Eagles defense can produce some turnovers.

2. McNabb running. Obvious

3. Chad Lewis vs. Shade

4. Rookie running back Westbrook on screens.

How would I attack the Eagles D?. Run Davis at the Eagles left side - I think they are a little light there and Jansen and Stai should be able to overpower them. Go over the top with play action when the Eagles safeties start to cheat.

This is a no-brainer. Subtract McNabb, and the Eagles would barely be competitive. Their defense is good, but their offense is completely hopeless without McNabb.

The key for the Skins defense is to contain McNabb. Just keep him in the box, and force him to beat the Skins through the air.

the most important players to key on beyond McNabb are Hugh Douglas and Troy Vincent.

Douglas is the Eagles only real pass rushing threat on the outside and has had some good games against Chris Samuels.

Vincent is their leader on defense and as a 10 year vet brings a lot of experience to the table. If Troy is not 100% and the Skins can work on him because he has to give extra cushion due to the bad wheel than that is a clear advantage for us.

And if Vincent can't go a full game Al Harris is a tempting target at CB because he is a physical player that tends to get attention from the refs.

Originally posted by Brave

I think I fear the Redskins more than anyone who will be wearing green on Monday night. I feel if we don't win this game it wil be due to our own errors rather than the Eagles.

Right on. The Eagles cannot win this game. But the Skins can lose it.

I fear the first two knuckles on my right hand. I got in a nasty fight last night with some dude who hit me in the head with a beer bottle. My hand is sore. It's probable, but I dont know if it will get the start for Monday night against an Eagle's fan's face. I might have to start the left.

Nope Bald Eagle, I would be able to separate an interception forced by the defense vs. an unforced mistake by the offense.

That original quote about fearing the Skins would beat themselves was mine, but I would not say the Eagles could NOT win it outright (as was later added), only that my bigger fear before the game would be that the Skins would make unforced errors that would lead to defeat.

I don't fear too much, but I worry about.

1) McNabb, the eagles win or lose based on how he plays.

2) Vincent, the Eagles are 0-8 when Vincent isn't playing.

3) Westbrook, A little scatback we have never seen before.

4) Akers, the most underated kicker in the league.

5) Eagle Blitzes up the middle between our guards.

6) Redskin turnovers, Penalties,and mental mistakes

7) Trotter, being so hyped up he plays outside the system.

8) Davis, Will he be healthy enough to run 30+ times.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Would you mind explaining your logic to me? Just wondering..

Legendz -

In my opinion (which is not always right I'll admit), the Redskins are the much better team right now and we have home field advantage.

I think our two teams were pretty evenly matched last year despite your better record. You won a couple of very close games against the Giants and we had that horrible 0-5 start. We could have finished much closer in the standings than we did.

I think the Eagles have been seriously hurt by injuries and the loss of Trotter, while the Redskins are vastly improved by swapping Matthews for Banks and the addition of Spurrier's offense.

So my feeling is that if both teams play up to their potential, the Skins should win. If the Eagles win, it will be because the Skins make mistakes and hand them the game.

I'm not as worried as Mcmuffin as some of you guys. He's good and will make some great plays, but we pretty much kept him in check last year. I'd say watch out for Dawkins. He's always found ways to screw us and a pick for a td could be the difference maker in a close game. How awesome would our secondary be with a safety like Dawkins?

"I think our two teams were pretty evenly matched last year despite your better record. You won a couple of very close games against the Giants and we had that horrible 0-5 start. We could have finished much closer in the standings than we did.

I think the Eagles have been seriously hurt by injuries and the loss of Trotter, while the Redskins are vastly improved by swapping Matthews for Banks and the addition of Spurrier's offense.

So my feeling is that if both teams play up to their potential, the Skins should win. If the Eagles win, it will be because the Skins make mistakes and hand them the game."

Sailor,

First, I would like to say that I disagree with your assessment, but then again its only my opinion, like your assessment was only yours. Last year, I dont think our teams were evently matched. I think we clearly had the better team, however, since the skins and eagles always split, we did the same last year. This year I believe the teams are much more evenly matched. If Vincent plays like he normally does, and with an added week of rest, I'm expecting him to, and Runyan is playing, then we actually arent that depleted w/injuries. Emmons is a good player that I like, but his primary role is containing the TE. It will not be a crushing loss if he does not play, considering the redskins hardly ever utilize their TE position. Position by position I feel that the Eagles have the slightly better team, and considering this is close to a must win for them, and mcnabb always shines on national TV, I think the Eagles should win in a close one. Will they? I have no idea, it's just my opinion.

Originally posted by Sailor

Legendz -

In my opinion (which is not always right I'll admit), the Redskins are the much better team right now and we have home field advantage.

I think our two teams were pretty evenly matched last year despite your better record. You won a couple of very close games against the Giants and we had that horrible 0-5 start. We could have finished much closer in the standings than we did.

So my feeling is that if both teams play up to their potential, the Skins should win. If the Eagles win, it will be because the Skins make mistakes and hand them the game.

I find statements like this funny. And I don't mean to pick on you Sailor, it's just the post I chose to referrence, there's many more I could have picked. Anywho... how is it that every year, every team is always better then the Eagles, win or lose the Eagles are the worst team in the East? Or, even better, how is it the Redskins are always the better team then whomever they play week in and week out and if they lose, it's because they (the Redskins) made mistakes, not because the other team was any good.

I'm not actually looking for a reply, just something I find amusing.

Archived