Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington NOT yet signed by Jaguars

wj94

- Although the reports concerning Arrington and the Jaguars were relatively positive, the two sides were still off on money by more than a small margin. I heard that they offered him between $4 million-$5.5 million per year with an $8 million signing bonus, which is a better offer than the Giants are reportedly putting on the table.

- The Giants offer certainly will compete with the Jaguars, as I am under the impression that they have put around $3.5-$4 million in their offer to Arrington.

- I think that there is one more obstacle standing in between the Giants and Arrington, and that is the Miami Dolphins. I was told that he flew from Jacksonville to Miami last night to give the Dolphins an opportunity to up their offer one last time.

- I believe that Arrington is demanding more money from the Florida teams than the Giants, showing his passion to play in NY. What I mean by that is simply….if Miami nor Jacksonville meet his demand for money, he will shut the door on them and play for less money as a part of the Giants.

Where are you geting that info? That be pretty cool if it was true, but I just hope the Giants don't let LA get away for a extra mill a year. Giants always do that "Here is are offer take it or leave it" crap.

I can't believe no ones signed him yet.

No offense, but for the life of me I can't figure out why people are shocked that Lavar is still out there. Removing yourself from the "fan" perspective, look at it the way other NFL teams are. This is a player that has basically missed most of the last two years due to injury/coaching issues. He is a player that is known to have issues with freelancing. Finally he wants big bucks even with the aforementioned situations. Looking at it from a logical standpoint its not a big surprise Arrington is still available.

i think a lot of people have differing opinions about the lavar situation. he is clearly a great LB and those who are happy he is gone are just telling themselves that he is not as good as people say. but the facts don't lie, if he was really expendable, then how come we havent found a replacement yet?

That's the truth. Sour grapes rules the day with many fans opinions.

i think a lot of people have differing opinions about the lavar situation. he is clearly a great LB and those who are happy he is gone are just telling themselves that he is not as good as people say. but the facts don't lie, if he was really expendable, then how come we havent found a replacement yet?

Dude...he's been gone like three weeks and the draft hasn't happened yet. We haven't played a game without him yet...how can you possibly use this line of reasoning?

And don't forget, it wasn't too hard to find a replacement for him in 04...;)

Maybe they don't see Lavar as a dominant player. In fact, besides his fans, it appears that Lavar isn't held in such high regrad around the NFL, or he would have been signed by now.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I think you hit it on the head. The rest of the league has to know that Lavar is not worth what he is asking. He is a big name that has not produced over the past 2-3 seasons. These type of players disappear quickly in the NFL. A one year deal with incentives seems to make the most sense for whoever signs him.

No offense, but for the life of me I can't figure out why people are shocked that Lavar is still out there. Removing yourself from the "fan" perspective, look at it the way other NFL teams are. This is a player that has basically missed most of the last two years due to injury/coaching issues. He is a player that is known to have issues with freelancing. Finally he wants big bucks even with the aforementioned situations. Looking at it from a logical standpoint its not a big surprise Arrington is still available.

Plus four words:

Carl and Kevin Poston

They were just talking about Lavar on Sirius NFL radio. They were talking about how Peter King said that if the big money is not on the table he should then take what the Giants are offering. King said the Giants have more leaders on the team and cogs in place that would allow an incentive ladden contract to be a better opportunity for Lavar to make more money. He won't have to be the focus of the defense. King is a idiot.

We've got a replacement for him... its called Chris Clemons. The guy was in all the 3rd down situations last year... you know, when they took LA out.

Hey... I like LaVar. I think he is a genuine guy, and I got to yell and holler for the 'Skins with his mom in 2004 at the Giants game (along with CP's mom and brother... they were all awesome!). But we're moving on. He's moving on. I hope he goes to a good team...

... because I KNOW we're going to be a good team!!

Archived