Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which free agent linebacker should we sign?

ratbert_rizzo

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I would like to see us shore LB up in free agency!

I'd be happy with any of the following:

Polley / Ravens

Greisen / NY Giants

Wayne / Philadelphia

or maybe Morris / Indianapolis...

this would move Marshall back to OLB...

I think if Jamie Sharper is healthy he is the best available. I'm not sure how much Junior Seau has left in the tank but he is a future Hall of Famer. Jamie Winborn and Na'il Diggs are solid as is Tommy Polley. Nate Wayne has no business even sniffing a starting linebacker spot because he couldn't even make a team's roster until November last season. I don't know much about Brandon Short, and I think the other guys would be less than sufficient.

Hey, question. Does anyone know what attributes separate a weak side linebacker from a strong side linebacker? Because there both on that list, but honestly I dont see what stops them from being able to play either side. It must be something however because not many guys can do it.

That it is. There are a lot of good OLB in the draft, though it is a little slim at ILB. A.J. Hawk could go in the top 5 while his partner in crime, Bobby Carpenter, will probably still be available in the 2nd round. That's my prediction for shoring up the OLB spot. Clemons could also see a lot more playing time this season. You never know with Snyder at the reigns though. Nothing would surprise me as far as free agency goes.

Short actually sounds decent...

Plays with a mean streak, is physical at the point of attack and does a nice job of slowing tight ends down at the line of scrimmage. Gets adequate depth and can cover a lot of ground when asked to drop into zone coverage. Takes the shortest path to the quarterback, flashes the ability to run through blocks in the backfield and shows adequate closing speed when asked to blitz. Hasn't missed a game since rookie season and durability isn't a significant concern. However, Short lacks ideal athletic ability and he's somewhat inconsistent. Doesn't always play under control in space, has some problems adjusting to moving targets and misses some open field tackles.

Seems like a GWilliams type of guy.

I say we draft Abdul Hodge....

All FAs are too old/expensive/untalented

BUT...this guy is a monster... I know he plays ILB... but i m sure GW can figure something out, because if he is around at pick 53 (and a lot of mock drafts say he will be) then we need to take him. I have watched him play since his junior year, and he is a MONSTER, he played with Chad Greenway and i think that he is WAY better. What do u guys think? :D

I say we draft Abdul Hodge....

All FAs are too old/expensive/untalented

BUT...this guy is a monster... I know he plays ILB... but i m sure GW can figure something out, because if he is around at pick 53 (and a lot of mock drafts say he will be) then we need to take him. I have watched him play since his junior year, and he is a MONSTER, he played with Chad Greenway and i think that he is WAY better. What do u guys think? :D

Yea if he cant play OLB lets just move Marshall back to OLB and keep Abdul Hodge in inside linebacker.

Hey, question. Does anyone know what attributes separate a weak side linebacker from a strong side linebacker? Because there both on that list, but honestly I dont see what stops them from being able to play either side. It must be something however because not many guys can do it.

well more and more they are becoming interchangeable however a SAM is suppose to be a bigger runstopper type while the WILL is suppose to be more of a coverage guy can be smaller should be faster..at least that is the theory.

i do believe the outside backers for greg williams are interchangeable with the MIKE being the playcaller.

I would rather spend the dollars on a #3 corner and draft the linebacker.

Linebackers have an easier transition into the NFL and I think we can find a guy that can come in and contribute right away.

I don't want to see the team depend upon Christian Morton or Dimitri Patterson on opening day as the backups at corner.

Chris Claiborne? Maybe Im just going by the name he had in Minny, and he may be asking for more money, I am not too sure. This guy is relatively young though and has potential. If Gregg Williams brings out great play in Pierce and Marshall, imagine what would he do with a former first rounder?

Didn't Claibourne play 5-6 years in Detroit? If it's the same guy he isn't that young. He's going into this 7th or 8th year. That makes him 29 or 30.

Again, rather than spending dollars on an average player why not go into a draft deep in linebackers and grab a starting quality talent for half the price? :)

Right now there are a number of veteran corners available in free agency.

Based on the relative assessments, one would think the team will sign a corner and draft a linebacker.

Archived