Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which free agent linebacker should we sign?

ratbert_rizzo

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey, question. Does anyone know what attributes separate a weak side linebacker from a strong side linebacker? Because there both on that list, but honestly I dont see what stops them from being able to play either side. It must be something however because not many guys can do it.

The Sam Back has to be agile enough to handle a TE cover assignment while also being adept enough to take on a likely double team against any run coming to his side. It is pretty rare to find that combination, when you find a guy that can handle it you need to keep him.

The Sam Back has to be agile enough to handle a TE cover assignment while also being adept enough to take on a likely double team against any run coming to his side. It is pretty rare to find that combination, when you find a guy that can handle it you need to keep him.
pending the scheme usually there is a safety over top of the te the sam is suppose to jam te and play the run allowing the safety to pick up the Te at least that is the orginal "base" way to do it. most teams show a tendency to run at streght ie TE so you want the sam on the te or (strong) side. defences and coverages are so exocitic these days, realistically there really isnt much difference these day. the Mike is really the only truely different one from the will and the sam....most of the time will and sam are just names used by the O to identify the OLBs for blocking schemes. i know down here in carolina the high school team i work with has 15 base coverages...my god 15 base coverages...then they have specific coverages for each team....good lord how do they do it??? goirmo.com speaking of my high school team we just sent our FB to Ohio state after 4 years there he will be ready to replace Mike Sellars when he retires....the kid is nasty he is already pushing 260 (not fat) and runs in the 4.6 to 4.7 range. he also sports a 4.5 gpa http://www.goirmo.com/football/Playoff1gallery_04/pages/IMG_0024.htm

this link is a pick of him in action. Aram Olsen #43 irmo yellow jackets.

as much as i hate the U they turn out pros like nobodys business this guy sounds pretty good to me. i also like AJ nicholson as a late round dark horse however the hotel insident at the orange bowl seems schetchy dont really know all of the fact though..i do know when he is on the field he is a playmaker at all 3 levels (coverage,runstopping,blitzing) ernie sims has better numbers physically but AJ always showed better on gameday. maybe he is a late round steal, might not be a bad idea to draft both of them. >aj and the miami kid

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/ajnicholson.html

you think we have any big DTs to keep linemen off him????;)

Short, from a short list. No pun intended. Hey, we need to serious look at DT. We have very little depth at DT and we need to concentrate out pick in the 2nd round on a DT. There are some good ones out there and I would love for Watson to drop, but if he doesn't, the you have to go with Wroten from LSU. I think we have LB's that are capable of playing the WLB spot.

From the list I would definitely take Jamie Sharper. But, he does have injury problems but with him splitting time with Clemons on the week side, he should last the season. Also, please stop suggesting that we bring Marshall back to the outside and get a MLB. :mad: You guys are killing me. Um, excuse me, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Our need is at WILL not MIKE. Sheesh! :tantrum:

Archived