Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Brooks Signs with Oakland (InsideBayArea.com)

Fergasun

Brooks in as Oakland QB

ALAMEDA - The Oakland Raiders made their first major move of the free-agent signing period Tuesday, agreeing to terms with quarterback Aaron Brooks on a contract, according to two NFL sources. Terms were not immediately available.

... (Stats)

The Raiders brought in Brooks for a visit Monday night; he visited with the Raiders on Tuesday, and stayed in Oakland Tuesday night when it became apparent the two sides were nearing a deal.

Gonna toot my own horn. Called this days ago....

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2308923&postcount=20

Brooks' biggest problem over the past several season has been Haslett and his QB coach. For some reason everyone has tried to make him a pocket passer only. He's elusive and can pose problems for opposing defenses when he moves around in the pocket...and out of the pocket. He's much more accurate than his cousin Vick and has a really strong arm. He doesn't have that extra gear that Vick has, but he's still one of the best scrambing QBs in the league if given the opportunity.

But like his cousin, he lacks smarts, so I'd rather see him on another team. I do think he can be successful in the NFL. Maybe the Raiders would want him? Could you imagine him slinging the ball 70 yards to Moss? Randy that is...

Raiders | More about Brooks

Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:34:14 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Oakland Raiders told QB Aaron Brooks he would compete for the starting job, no promises in advance. However, he gives the Raiders the veteran presence they need. Oakland views Brooks as a quarterback that has averaged 25 touchdown passes a year, and a player who can be a star if he learns to limit his mistakes. Schefter reports his two-year contract is valued at about $8 million.

It says that his starting job is not guranteed. He's got a chance to compete for the position.

Gonna toot my own horn. Called this days ago....

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2308923&postcount=20

Brooks' biggest problem over the past several season has been Haslett and his QB coach. For some reason everyone has tried to make him a pocket passer only. He's elusive and can pose problems for opposing defenses when he moves around in the pocket...and out of the pocket. He's much more accurate than his cousin Vick and has a really strong arm. He doesn't have that extra gear that Vick has, but he's still one of the best scrambing QBs in the league if given the opportunity.

But like his cousin, he lacks smarts, so I'd rather see him on another team. I do think he can be successful in the NFL. Maybe the Raiders would want him? Could you imagine him slinging the ball 70 yards to Moss? Randy that is...

You and everyone else...

Archived