Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction: Redskins in the Pro Bowl 2006

SkinsTerps26

I did a search but I didn't find this exact question but if it's been posted before my mistake but I'm curious to think what your opinion is on possible redskins pro bowlers next season.

In my opinion we could have 6 on offense (7 if there is an HB position)

Mark Brunell (came close this year)

CP (likewise, but with Al Saunders and wide receivers should open up)

Moss (no reason to think he won't do it again, especially if not double teamed as often)

Chris Samuels, Randy Thomas (2005 nub in my opinion) Jon Jansen (Healthy thumbs)

and like I mentioned Chris Cooley if HB is included or his numbers soar and is considered a TE

For Defense definitely 3

Griffin (played real well last season)

Taylor (no way is he snubbed this year)

Marcus Washington (without LaVar the most underrated player in the league will have the spotlight)

Special Teams

KR/PR ARE (why not?)

so if everyone stays healthy and the offense improves and the defense stays nasty the skins could see 10+ players in the pro bowl. What are your opinions on the likelyhood of that happening if we stay healthy throughout the season?

edit: spelled mark brunell wrong

Well obviously theres no way we get 9-10 players into the pro bowl. That never happens. So I'll rank them in order of likelihood.

1. Portis - He should have gotten in easily last year, and I think his numbers will improve.

2. Moss - One of only two pro-bowlers last year so his odds of going next year are prett good.

3. Washington - Should have repeated last year, without Lavar he will probably get even more media attention.

4. Samuels - Honored last year, no reason to think he cant repeat.

5. Taylor - He will get there eventually, he definately has the media attention.

6. Brunell - With all the new targets and the weak NFC QBs he has a decent shot.

7. Griffin - Extremely underrated. If hey plays the whole year he SHOULD make it but Im not sure he will.

8. Thomas - Similiar situation as Griffin.

9. Jansen - Been around a while and never made it to Hawaii, but he did make All-Pro last year so its possible.

10. Cooley - Numbers will probably dip a little with the additions at WR. Would easily make it as an H-back but might get overlooked at TE or FB.

like taylor said last year, we dont care about no probowls, we care about wins in the january and february. I will be happy to see 0 redskins in the probowl if we win the Superbowl. I think the redskins how they have been treated regarding the probowl dont give a **** about it. GIBBS has them thinkingabout playoff FOOTBALL

usually teams that are in contention and considered an elite team will have something like 8 players in the pro bowl, see eagles last couple years (i think one year they may have had 8-10) and definitely the colts last year with their oline, manning, edge freeney and more.

a lil recognition wouldn't hurt

Well obviously theres no way we get 9-10 players into the pro bowl. That never happens. So I'll rank them in order of likelihood.

1. Portis - He should have gotten in easily last year, and I think his numbers will improve.

2. Moss - One of only two pro-bowlers last year so his odds of going next year are prett good.

3. Washington - Should have repeated last year, without Lavar he will probably get even more media attention.

4. Samuels - Honored last year, no reason to think he cant repeat.

5. Taylor - He will get there eventually, he definately has the media attention.

6. Brunell - With all the new targets and the weak NFC QBs he has a decent shot.

7. Griffin - Extremely underrated. If hey plays the whole year he SHOULD make it but Im not sure he will.

8. Thomas - Similiar situation as Griffin.

9. Jansen - Been around a while and never made it to Hawaii, but he did make All-Pro last year so its possible.

10. Cooley - Numbers will probably dip a little with the additions at WR. Would easily make it as an H-back but might get overlooked at TE or FB.

i like the way you broke this down. good reply

Offense:

Mark Brunell- He just has to stay healthy

Santana Moss- Duh. Add in 2 more capable receivers...end of story

Clinton Portis- Snubbed this past year if you ask me. He deserved it over Dunn

Chris Cooley- You guessed it...SNUBBADUBEE!! His numbers and overall talent should have been plenty to put him in over Witten. But we wouldn't want to go against "America's Team" now would we?

Mike Sellers- Touchdowns touchdowns touchdownnnnssssss!!

Randy Thomas- Snubbed last year

Defense-

Carlos Rogers- Just wait and see

Sean Taylor- Once again...SNUBBED!

Lemar Marshall- 2005 stats; 98 tackles(79 solo), 4 INT's, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 defensive TD and 5 passes defended....you tell me. If he's left out again this year w/ that same kind of performance, there will be hell to pay.

Marcus Washington- Man, this is becoming my sweet-n-sour word, I love to hate it...SNUBBED!

Phillip Daniels- Let them say what they want about his sacks mostly coming against Dallas, this will be his break out year.

Andre Carter- If our secondary works out like it should, he'll have more than enough time to wreak havoc

Ade Jimoh- For his ST's performance if nothing else

I may have missed a few, but I'll post them later if they come to mind.

** ALSO **

BOLD PREDICTION HERE!

The Redskins will have the #1 overall rated Red Zone Offense in the entire NFL this season. Imagine being on the 15 yard line, and you can either A) run the ball with one of the best backs in the NFC, or B) pass the ball to...hmmm...let's see....Santana Moss, Antwan Randle El, Brandon Lloyd, David Patten(was awesome with the Pats in the Red Zone), Chris Cooley, Mike Sellers or Clinton Portis. Now you tell me, how can you protect against ALL of that with any ONE defensive scheme?

:D:silly::D:silly: :silly::D:silly: :D:silly: :D:silly: :D:silly: :D:silly: :silly::D

Offense:

Mark Brunell- He just has to stay healthy

Santana Moss- Duh. Add in 2 more capable receivers...end of story

Clinton Portis- Snubbed this past year if you ask me. He deserved it over Dunn

Randy Thomas- Snubbed last year

Andre Carter- If our secondary works out like it should, he'll have more than enough time to wreak havoc

Defense-

Carlos Rogers- Just wait and see

Sean Taylor- Once again...SNUBBED!

Lemar Marshall- 2005 stats; 98 tackles(79 solo), 4 INT's, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 defensive TD and 5 passes defended....you tell me. If he's left out again this year w/ that same kind of performance, there will be hell to pay.

Marcus Washington- Man, this is becoming my sweet-n-sour word, I love to hate it...SNUBBED!

Phillip Daniels- Let them say what they want about his sacks mostly coming against Dallas, this will be his break out year.

Ade Jimoh- For his ST's performance if nothing else

I may have missed a few, but I'll post them later if they come to mind.

since when can andre carter play offense and still terrorize the qb? LOL

I did a search but I didn't find this exact question but if it's been posted before my mistake but I'm curious to think what your opinion is on possible redskins pro bowlers next season.

In my opinion we could have 6 on offense (7 if there is an HB position)

Mark Brunell (came close this year)

CP (likewise, but with Al Saunders and wide receivers should open up)

Moss (no reason to think he won't do it again, especially if not double teamed as often)

Chris Samuels, Randy Thomas (2005 nub in my opinion) Jon Jansen (Healthy thumbs)

and like I mentioned Chris Cooley if HB is included or his numbers soar and is considered a TE

For Defense definitely 3

Griffin (played real well last season)

Taylor (no way is he snubbed this year)

Marcus Washington (without LaVar the most underrated player in the league will have the spotlight)

Special Teams

KR/PR ARE (why not?)

so if everyone stays healthy and the offense improves and the defense stays nasty the skins could see 10+ players in the pro bowl. What are your opinions on the likelyhood of that happening if we stay healthy throughout the season?

edit: spelled mark brunell wrong

1. clinton portis

2. santana moss

3. randel EL

4. sean taylor

5. chis samuels

6. lamar marshall

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Redskins will have zero probowlers. ESPN will not include a single Redskin on its snub list. However, Redskins win the Superbowl (knocking on wood). Lenny restates that it was a fluke and he's still an ordinary Joe in his eyes and Peter King will say that despite breaking numerous regular season and Superbowl Records that the 'skins do not have any superlative, probowl, or hall of fame calibre players.

I'm sure if it were up to Jaw's, Lenny Pastabelly, Peter King, Merrill "I suck my own *&&" Hoge, or Sean Salisbury steaks, we wouldn't have any players in the probowl. In fact, they would probably like to throw us out of the league for having an owner that wants to win, while at the same time, hypocritically congratulating the Cowboys on trying to win a championship.

Skins Probowlers:

Clint Portis

Randy Thomas

Sean Taylor

Marcus Washington

Randle El (sp. teams)

I dont think Moss will make it next year because I think his numbers will be a little off with the new additions. Plus, WR has been a pretty fluid position in the PB recently I think.

Archived