Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Cambell is not starting?????

NVskinsfan

Yeah, just because a persons contract will eventually run out doesnt mean he wont be back with the team. What team would be more interested in him than we are?

Besides, he wont sign an extension unless we pay him more money anyway, which we wont till he has proven himself, so its a moot point.

He won't leave.

He's been handpicked by Joe Gibbs to be our future QB. He has to see that Brunell is not going to be here forever.

If you were Campbell, would you go somewhere after 2 or 3 years in one system to start all over or would you stay in the place where you've been groomed to be the future under the strongest coaching staff in the league?

Campbell is entering his second year, of what I think is a four year contract. After this coming season, depending on how well Brunell does, Campbell will be the starter, or will fluctuate w/ Brunell in '07. By the time his contract is up he will be the starter and we will have resigned him by then. Seems like you are worrying a little too early.

I agree with elkabong82, except I think once he gets in during the '07 season we wont see anyone else step in afterwards. I would expect that he gets in this season a handful of times to give everyone a chance to see him play (hopefully when we are up 35-0 against Dallas with 5 minutes to go) I for one am really excited to see him play though. I dont think you will see him starting the opening game though. I think Brunell deserves the start.

He might actually leave seeing how we refuse to give him a chance to start. If the skins dont let him play in a game next year (I mean as a relief if brunell goes down) then i could see him walking. At some point he needs a chance to show us what he can do. Still, this doesnt meaqn we shoudl sign him to a long term contract. He hasnt shown us his talent yet, and it is possible that he will flop (Though that is very unlikly). The best course of action is to let him take a few snaps in some games as a relief for brunell next season.

Then how about extending his contract 1-2 more years to account for learning the offense and sitting these 2 years.

We do not want him leaving after he finally learns the offense then "leaves" as a FA!!!

Lets lock up some talent!!!

Good idea, then he would be able to learn more, and we wouldn't have to worry about losing him. But hopeully he should/will be starting next season. He has to have a good training camp, and preseason.

yeah i think that would b a pretty good idea. i think j campbell has atleast 1 more

yr 2 really learn the offense.

Learn the offense. This is a new offense with Saunders... Have you seen Jason play under this offense? We'll see come preseason who the starter will be.

Archived