Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Wany Big Daddy Back??

SkinsNorth

Lions | Wilkinson could be done in Detroit

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:11:03 -0800

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions DL Dan Wilkinson might be done in Detroit. Wilkinson has played in 12 NFL seasons, three with the Lions. While he still has some football left in him, he might not want to get involved in another rebuilding project.

Might not be a bad fit in the DT rotation, especially if we are not talking a long term contract.

Big Daddy was always solid against the run while a Redskin. Stumbledfield was the big dissapointment. I think he would add depth to our D-line if we could get him on the cheap.

I just had a minute to re think this and I'd have to say no. 12 years in the NFL, what does he have left? I think maybe you go into the draft as our D-line is pretty much set. You can groom him slowly, even a few rotations in a game once in a while. At this point, you have to think long term future needs.

When I first saw the thread title, I was thinking WTF is a Wany Big Daddy Back?? :laugh:

Obviously he would not be a starter for us--having Big Joe and Griffin. I would not be opposed to having him in the rotation if it came to that. We witnessed first-hand that losing Griffin hurts our run-stuffing part of the defense.

'Big Daddy' Wilkinson could help us when we need it. GW can bring out the best in almost anybody on defense-- I am not sure why he couldn't help out Dan Wilkinson.

Lions | Wilkinson could be done in Detroit

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:11:03 -0800

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions DL Dan Wilkinson might be done in Detroit. Wilkinson has played in 12 NFL seasons, three with the Lions. While he still has some football left in him, he might not want to get involved in another rebuilding project.

Might not be a bad fit in the DT rotation, especially if we are not talking a long term contract.

i would rather have sam adams if he is still available for a 1-2 year stop gap player.

nah lets not bring back memories of the past

Dan Wilkerson was part of the problems that the Redskins had with players in that time. Alot of them came here to take the money & run with it. It just burns me how many problem players we got here after Joe Gibbs retired the first time. Also the draft picks that did not work out or left for other teams.

It all started with Heath Shuler,Desmond Howard,Mike Westbrok, Deion Sanders.

Archived