Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No More Free Agency Moves?

HoyaSkins28

Gibbs has already said they are going after depth... and they're still bringing in free agents. Just no more big-time free agents... just second-tier kind of guys.

Yup mostly all depth from now on...except for the fact that we have no weakside LB. We will sign a mid-level FA for that position, imo.

OG/C John Goodwin is supposed to be in next week, so he might be signed. The Skins also have interest in Keith Adams, LB of the Eagles as he is visiting other teams. The Skins also remain interested in signing Fletcher, CB from the SD Chargers to play nickle.

After the big explosion of moves in the beginning are there anymore moves in free agency for the Skins.

gibbs himself said we are not done.

we need depth for the o line, depth for the def backfield, another linebacker.

he has ruled out going after another kicker or punter and obviously there are positions that are filled out now (qb, wr, rb)

sit back and wait. they are just catching their breaths before the next wave

OG/C John Goodwin is supposed to be in next week, so he might be signed. The Skins also have interest in Keith Adams, LB of the Eagles as he is visiting other teams. The Skins also remain interested in signing Fletcher, CB from the SD Chargers to play nickle.

Please pass on Adams and Fletcher...I'd take a shot at drafting someone.

i like the first 2 but am not a fan of fletcher's.. also, adams has not reciprocated his interest thus far

Please pass on Adams and Fletcher...I'd take a shot at drafting someone.

i think as a situational player (not as a starter) adams would be fine. he is a self made player and lacks size. he gets overwhelmed at the point. but he is active and smart and pretty fast. i am not sure how many other WLB would fit our needs much better than he.

perhaps griesen? but the team has expressed no interest in him

gibbs himself said we are not done.

we need depth for the o line, depth for the def backfield, another linebacker.

he has ruled out going after another kicker or punter and obviously there are positions that are filled out now (qb, wr, rb)

sit back and wait. they are just catching their breaths before the next wave

Think this means that we'll draft a kicker and keep putting up with Frost?

damn! :( :mad:

i think hall will be fine as long as he is not handling the KO duties.. why they didn't give frost a chance last year is beyond me. they have constantly talked about how strong his leg is for that duty. they could have let him try one in one of the last couple of blow out games.

im not sold that abraham is 100% lock for the falcons.

I would say it is a 100% lock he wont be a skin anytime soon.....we will be adding depth now.....Carter is our DE ...and we gave him a starter salary.....Why spend big money for abraham now considering we are dishing good money out on our D line.....someone who is making a hefty salary...daniels,carter would have to sit if Abraham became a skin...If I had to guess...we will try to get a LB and OL free agent......draft CB's and LB's and OL guys

I am not thinking so as we signed Tyler Jones during the offseason to compete if you want to call it that with Hall. I think Gibbs is content with Hall at this point.

no. we will sign a couple of young kickers like kimrin or novack to challenge hall and will have a punt off as well in preseason. but unless either of the incumbents gets hurt or falls on his face, that is who we are going into the season with..

i am worried about hall more than frost. i think frost has turned the corner based upon his play in the playoffs (except for that ugly one in tampa-i know). with hall i worry about whether he is going downthe same road that conway went. if he is healthy, he is the best option short of vinatieri

Forget about John Abraham coming to Washington.......The NY Daily News says, Abraham prefers to play for the Falcons, because he's closer to his native South Carolina. As far as, anymore free-agent signings go......don't be fooled by the recent lull........I think the 'Skins are just reloading!

Gibbs has already said they are going after depth... and they're still bringing in free agents. Just no more big-time free agents... just second-tier kind of guys.

Thats all you have signed so far,, second tier Wr's and S,, just because u pay someone like a top teir, dosen't mean they are.

Archived