Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Parade Chairman Makes Anti-Gay Remarks

flyingtiger1013

Haha, rather than argue my points, you basically confirm that you have a victim mentality. Unless you want to admit that you are on par with some of the gay community in such an unfair system. If there is so much wrong with it, why don't you leave :). Sorry, couldn't resist.

All I was doing was making the point that everyone has something to complain about. Everyone feels "victimized" in some way no matter how small. I just get tired of hearing the same groups complain constantly, while the issues of the so-called majority are ignored.

And just because of this thread, I'm crashing the next gay pride parade. Who's with me? :silly:

All I was doing was making the point that everyone has something to complain about. Everyone feels "victimized" in some way no matter how small. I just get tired of hearing the same groups complain constantly, while the issues of the so-called majority are ignored.

And just because of this thread, I'm crashing the next gay pride parade. Who's with me? :silly:

Will their be a strong lesbian contingent?

Will their be a strong lesbian contingent?

Yep. Whether or not you want to see 'em though is debatable.

Feel free to join my group on arrival at the parade site. We go by the acronym "LUMIYPSYCLUHAPOOO."

That stands for "Let Us March In Your Parade Since You Can't Let Us Have A Parade Of Our Own." :silly:

I don't understand what Irish parade people have against gay people - first Boston and now NY (though, evidently, its been 16 years). Whats the big deal?
im irish, i'll tell ya: that lifestyle offends me, it goes against my religion and the basics of evolutionary nature and nature itself, it is imoral and i think it should be tolerated, not accepted, aceptance and tolerance are 2 completley diffrent things

im irish, i'll tell ya: that lifestyle offends me, it goes against my religion and the basics of evolutionary nature and nature itself, it is imoral and i think it should be tolerated, not accepted, aceptance and tolerance are 2 completley diffrent things

Case mutha freakin' closed ya'll! :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers:

I think what some people are missing is the parade is for St. Patrick, not Ireland. St. Patrick is a religous Catholic saint. Last time I checked, homosexuality is not a Catholic tradition. (except for clergy... ;) )
you offend me and everyone who is irish when you say that, of course this is an irish holiday and an irish parade, its like saying that martin luther king day isnt for the blacks:rolleyes: , or that bastille day is for all mankind, all that PC talk is ****

Case mutha freakin' closed ya'll! :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers:

Case re-mutha freakin' opened -

So skinfan, you speak for all Irish people now? Not all Irish people are catholic ya know - kind of a touchy subject over there actually. And who decides if its immoral? A lot of people think drinking is immoral, but i don't think the Irish are going to stop doing that.

Also, don't think i don't recognize the complete hypocrisy in your post - saying it goes against your religion and evolution :wtf:

A lot of people think drinking is immoral, but i don't think the Irish are going to stop doing that.

you know if you replaced irish with any other "race" or a nationality of a non-white or non-asian race that statement would be considered racist.

Also, don't think i don't recognize the complete hypocrisy in your post - saying it goes against your religion and evolution :wtf:

just gonna let you in on a little something, there are plenty of people who dont use evolution solely to attack christianity. there are many christians who think evolution is a good theory and incorporate it into their beliefs.

you know if you replaced irish with any other "race" or a nationality of a non-white or non-asian race that statement would be considered racist.

Why's that? Germans drink plenty.

just gonna let you in on a little something, there are plenty of people who dont use evolution solely to attack christianity. there are many christians who think evolution is a good theory and incorporate it into their beliefs.

never really heard many christian claiming that evolution existed without calling it intelligent design, but i'll keep my ears open.

So skinfan, you speak for all Irish people now? Not all Irish people are catholic ya know - kind of a touchy subject over there actually. And who decides if its immoral? A lot of people think drinking is immoral, but i don't think the Irish are going to stop doing that.

Well, as DCRunner clarified for me. Members of any group all think alike. So, yes, he does speak for all Irish people.

Well, as DCRunner clarified for me. Members of any group all think alike. So, yes, he does speak for all Irish people.

Cool! I like hot dogs - and that goes for all, um.... uh.... not sure what group i speak for; but when i figure it out i'll let you know.

Actually this reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg joke "I take the roundabout AIDS test. I call up my buddy Brian and ask him 'do you know anybody that has AIDS?' no? Good, cause you know me!"

ok you just proved how closed minded you are, just becuase im a christian doesnt mean i cant believe in evolution, alot of christians do, we just disagree on its relevance to human history. and do you presume to take more credibility to gain acsess to the mind of the irish? id say im a little closer to them then you are, and about 96% of irish citizen are profesed catholics, about 81% of those are practicing, so ill asume what me and my brothers think and believe.

and if God says that being a homosexula is imoral than its imoral to me and all of christianity, but you cant argue that it goes against nature can you?

and allot of irish will agree that drinking is imoral, we know we are sinners we just doent give a **** about anything, thats why we are on a whole other level;)

ok you just proved how closed minded you are, just becuase im a christian doesnt mean i cant believe in evolution, alot of christians do, we just disagree on its relevance to human history. and do you presume to take more credibility to gain acsess to the mind of the irish? id say im a little closer to them then you are, and about 96% of irish citizen are profesed catholics, about 81% of those are practicing, so ill asume what me and my brothers think and believe.

and if God says that being a homosexula is imoral than its imoral to me and all of christianity, but you cant argue that it goes against nature can you?

and allot of irish will agree that drinking is imoral, we know we are sinners we just doent give a **** about anything, thats why we are on a whole other level;)

few things:

a. there are two m's in immoral

b. you act like i'm not irish. I'm not saying i am (maybe i am, maybe not). But why do you assume i'm not?

c. as for the evolution thing - fine, but i'll remember how all of a sudden you guys 'support' evolution the next time it comes up in a religion-type thread.

edit for d.

d. oh yeah - I'm closed minded!! you are the one who seems to want to exclude an entire group of people based soley on their sexual preference. :doh:

I really think the fundamental problem in situations like this is that we've become a nation of cry babies. I'm not singling out any one group with that statement. I'm just completely fed up with the "poor me" mentality. Rather than improve our lot in life, it seems like entirely too many of us are content to blame our problems on someone else and wait for our "entitlement."

Like I said earlier, everyone has SOMETHING to complain about. If overly-vocal minority groups of any kind keep endlessly pounding their message over and over, eventually the majority will tune them out. Especially when we're blasted with terms like "homophobe, ignorance, etc." You make your own bed when you become combative. Don't cry foul when you receive a combative response.

few things:

a. there are two m's in immoral

b. you act like i'm not irish. I'm not saying i am (maybe i am, maybe not). But why do you assume i'm not?

c. as for the evolution thing - fine, but i'll remember how all of a sudden you guys 'support' evolution the next time it comes up in a religion-type thread.

a) im a bad speller

B) i act like your not irish becuase if you were you would have said so, we are a proud people and we look out for each other if we're not beating each other up;)

c) look back on all my posts in the religious threads; i fully believe in the process of evolution. i tend to look at science and see all the complexity of the universe as proof of Gods exsistance. not to polarize but i think christians get the best deal out of life, if we're wrong we just fade into nothing. if non-believers are wrong then they have everything to loose and all of eternity to think about it.

heres my question: do you think homosexuality goes against nature or not?

Needless to say, the victim mentally of some in the gay community doesn't carry much weight with me. Afterall, state and federal governments have confirmed that their lives are more valuable than mine.

I think you're wrong about this. Hate crimes legislation in no way implies that killing a gay person is a more severe crime than killing a straight person. If you kill a white person because they are white and you hate white people, you will fall under the same hate crime legislation as somenone who kills a gay person because they are gay. Same for a gay man killing a straight man. So the government actually does give you protection from hate crimes in the same way they protect gays.

Personally I'm against hate crime legislation because I don't believe you can legislate against what someone is thinking. But I don't believe that it means they value gays more than they value you.

a) im a bad speller

B) i act like your not irish becuase if you were you would have said so, we are a proud people and we look out for each other if we're not beating each other up;)

c) look back on all my posts in the religious threads; i fully believe in the process of evolution

heres my question: do you think homosexuality goes against nature or not?

a. me too

b. i'm american

c. fair enough

your question - i don't really know mother nature's reasons for anything. obviously it doesn't allow for reproduction - but we don't need it to; we do fine in spite of it.

What i don't get is why people don't like a whole group of people just because of who they like to sleep with. There are such better reasons to dislike people - the color of their skin, their gender, how much money they make. Seriously though - why do you care who the shag?

a. me too

b. i'm american

c. fair enough

your question - i don't really know mother nature's reasons for anything. obviously it doesn't allow for reproduction - but we don't need it to; we do fine in spite of it.

What i don't get is why people don't like a whole group of people just because of who they like to sleep with. There are such better reasons to dislike people - the color of their skin, their gender, how much money they make. Seriously though - why do you care who the shag?

a) just a couple bad spellers eh?

B) im american too, but im proud of my heritage

your response to my question: i never said i didnt like them, i hate the sin not the sinner, just as God does. i sense some sarcasm, but if not how can you be a rascist and argue on ays behalf? i care becuase it pains me to see good people go to hell becuase they reject God and sin when all it takes is some faith and a good lifestyle of kindnes to others.

not to mention the notion is disturbing and disgusting.

a) just a couple bad spellers eh?

B) im american too, but im proud of my heritage

your response to my question: i never said i didnt like them, i hate the sin not the sinner, just as God does. i sense some sarcasm, but if not how can you be a rascist and argue on ays behalf? i care becuase it pains me to see good people go to hell becuase they reject God and sin when all it takes is some faith and a good lifestyle of kindnes to others.

not to mention the notion is disturbing and disgusting.

The bit about racism was very sarcastic - i love everybody. My thing is i don't think God would hate somebody for there sexual preference; but i guess if thats what your cult, er religion teaches you...

As for the disturbing and disgusting part - only if its two guys.

I think you're wrong about this. Hate crimes legislation in no way implies that killing a gay person is a more severe crime than killing a straight person. If you kill a white person because they are white and you hate white people, you will fall under the same hate crime legislation as somenone who kills a gay person because they are gay. Same for a gay man killing a straight man. So the government actually does give you protection from hate crimes in the same way they protect gays.

Personally I'm against hate crime legislation because I don't believe you can legislate against what someone is thinking. But I don't believe that it means they value gays more than they value you.

I really don't either. I was making a point out of frustration. I do disagree with hate crimes legislation because of the way it's implemented. It seems like selective enforcement. I can't recall one case of hate crime law being used against someone for killing a white person. Maybe it's not reported, or maybe I'm not as informed as I think I am, but that's how it looks to me. Like I said, murder is murder. A human life is a human life. To quantify it in anyway seems wrong.

And I completely agree that legislation against a person's thought process is difficult at best.

The bit about racism was very sarcastic - i love everybody. My thing is i don't think God would hate somebody for there sexual preference; but i guess if thats what your cult, er religion teaches you...

As for the disturbing and disgusting part - only if its two guys.

agreed, women on each other is very, well, stimulating at the least....:D

but also i never said God hated gays, christianity doesnt teach that, ignorant fools who think they are pastors teaches that. God hates sin, he loves the sinners, but unfortunatly becuase he cant have sin in his presence the sinners cant be with him in heaven. all people have sined and thats why he sent jesus for us, if you know john 3:16 you'll know what im talking about, if not ask me what it is and ill tell you.

why is there free will under God? try forcing people to love you, its hollow and unfulfilled. and christianity is not a cult, it is the worlds largest religion.

agreed, women on each other is very, well, stimulating at the least....:D

but also i never said God hated gays, christianity doesnt teach that, ignorant fools who think they are pastors teaches that. God hates sin, he loves the sinners, but unfortunatly becuase he cant have sin in his presence the sinners cant be with him in heaven. all people have sined and thats why he sent jesus for us, if you know john 3:16 you'll know what im talking about, if not ask me what it is and ill tell you.

why is there free will under God? try forcing people to love you, its hollow and unfulfilled. and christianity is not a cult, it is the worlds largest religion.

And so we come to an impasse - the problem is i don't see it as a sin because i'm not christian, and you can't see it as not a sin since you are christian.

Just try to love your brothers and sisters the best you can.

John 3:16 says 'I just kicked you ass' Right?

BTW - i am partially Irish, but mostly Italian

Immoral or not - there is a way to say things respectfully and a way to intentionally insult people. This idiot decided to damage the parade he's in charge of by choosing to be an assclown. Now instead of talking about the parade and all the people the topic is the anti-gay Irish. I hope they pick a better chairman in the future.

Immoral or not - there is a way to say things respectfully and a way to intentionally insult people. This idiot decided to damage the parade he's in charge of by choosing to be an assclown. Now instead of talking about the parade and all the people the topic is the anti-gay Irish. I hope they pick a better chairman in the future.

As usual, Destino nailed it.

It's amazing how these people get to positions of responsibility and authority, and not have any common sense. I see it all the time... it is baffling.

And so we come to an impasse - the problem is i don't see it as a sin because i'm not christian, and you can't see it as not a sin since you are christian.

Just try to love your brothers and sisters the best you can.

John 3:16 says 'I just kicked you ass' Right?

BTW - i am partially Irish, but mostly Italian

i do like gay PEOPLE, i hate homosexual lifestyes, God doesnt call us to be perfect but he does call us to try and live the best we can.

john 3:16 "for God so loved the world that he gave his only begoten son and that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life"

God does promise all eternal life but it is our choice were we spend it.

us white minorites need to stick together, there was a great bit of racsism against us, but is there talk of repermations for us??? we are the most down-trodden group of rascist-ees in history, we just took it for what it was and never looked back, the true mark of great people

Archived