Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason La Canfora (WP) on 980 with TK

fdarugar

That's pretty right on. Campbell was a wonderful prospect who played a more well rounded, better game in college than Ramsey so his development time will be less than it was for Pat -- heck, Patrick had to learn how to drop back after years of taking all shotgun snaps. But, we don't know what Campbell can be. If he's a bust or simply isn't that good this early, we won't win a lot no matter the weapons on offense.

My active imagination takes me to a secret place where Dan and joe have hidden Campbell away for the past 3 months. He's working out in a bootcamp environment filled with sessions of weight training/conditioning, drills and more drills, film study and public relations training.

You know, kind of like the russian farm where Rocky trained for his Drago fight!!??

By the time he starts he is a superman on and off the field and the mediots just can't get enough of him.

then it gets more tame with Mr. Campbell ending his football career as the most winningest coach ever in the league (coached the skins, of course)

He dies known as the best President of the United States (from the newly elevated redskin-libertarian party) due to his diplomatic gains from accepting the surrender of all islam to his rule .

I think the problem is that THEIR starting QBs do not hit a wall 11 games through the season. :(

Brunell has yet to show he can play a whole season and beyond at 100%. If he starts to faulter, what do we do?

Oh yeah, I mean Mc Nabb was the pillar of consistancy last year, oh wait, he got injure early on, and was pulled for his own good, as for Bledsoe th immobile one, his numbers were bad down the stretch and Eli has inherited the great tradition of the Manning family *CHOKE* CHOKE* Brunell played well until the end of the Giants whe he got hurt because Thomas was not in the game. Besides, Campbell will be ready this year in case that happens

Randel-El is a game changer, a real momentum swinger. Is he gonna go for 100 catches and 1500 yards, of course not. BUT!!!! Is he gonna get us a couple of wins off a trick play and a punt return, I'd say that is very likely. I think he is worth the money he got because he's a guy that the D has to account for because of intangibles on offense and he is a game-breaker as a punt returner.

Murf, why is it you think day-to-day access to the team means access to the types of things that would give a person the ability to determine if Campbell looks ready or not? The media doesn't have access to much more than stretching and initial warm up drills during the season. There's no evaluation anyone can make as to how a player looks regardless of having a cube in the front section of Redskins Park because they don't have access to the back.

Art, I work with the military on a day-to-day basis, which means I'm more qualified to talk about many of the inner workings than your average guy is. Since Jason LaCanfora is pretty much the Redskins versions of me (meaning he has day-to-day access to the team) he's more qualified to make an educated guess to the current status of Jason Campbell than most people on this website are.

I can't say whether he's going off of conversations with others within the organization or from watching Campbell practice at any point last season, but I'm willing to give his opinions some thought. That's probably because I ran into him several times when he was covering the Washington Capitals and he was a pretty straight forward kind of guy who more times than not knew what he was talking about. And from my perspective he's been pretty decent in his 'Skins coverage since he took over for that S.I. writer we shall not speak of.

Basically, I'm more willing to listen to what LaCanfora has to say than say Dave Elfin or some of the others who cover the team because of my personal experience with him.

Could be that LaCanfora hasn't demonstrated any real "insider" knowledge of the team.

Could also be that since we have not installed Saunders offense yet and the offseason practices have not begun yet, there's no way in hell anyone can say as a statement in fact that "Jason Campbell is not ready to take over yet".

But I could be mistaken, I guess LaCanfora is now Joe Gibbs mouthpiece and I just missed it.

Excellent observation :applause:

"If Brunell goes down the team could be in trouble as Campbell is not ready"

This is what EVERY team thinks about a young qb on the bench when a veteran in front of him gets injured until they have a chance to show what they can do under live action.

"If Brunell goes down the team could be in trouble as Campbell is not ready"

This is what EVERY team thinks about a young qb on the bench when a veteran in front of him gets injured until they have a chance to show what they can do under live action.

I agree.

Let's not forget Brady, Brees and Eli. They all stepped up in variant degrees

and performed really well when the starters on their team was injured. Campbell could work out as well or better than all of them.

Brunell is still younger than Elway when Elway won his first SB. I hope it works out the same for Brunell and our Redskins as it did for Elway in Denver.

Archived