Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Female Redskins fans?

NewCliche21

I'm pretty sure that this is the appopriate forum, and I didn't find anything like this through searches.

After being here for a while (A low post count doesn't mean that I haven't watched the boards for some time), I don't think I've come accross many female fans. So, I was just wondering how many were on the board? Also, I know maybe five female fans compared to about 50 male fans. What's your experience with this?

And no, ladies, I'm not single. ;):silly::laugh:

You can NOT possibly say you have been here a while and NOT noticed the female fans.

How did you miss us?

And as for you being single or not.......I can only speak for me.....I know I am not on this board to meet men. I have been here for a very long time......and came here to talk football.

Blondie

I'm pretty sure that this is the appopriate forum, and I didn't find anything like this through searches.

After being here for a while (A low post count doesn't mean that I haven't watched the boards for some time), I don't think I've come accross many female fans. So, I was just wondering how many were on the board? Also, I know maybe five female fans compared to about 50 male fans. What's your experience with this?

And no, ladies, I'm not single. ;):silly::laugh:

Well, I am a die hard fan and I am definitely female. :silly: I think this board is great and some times I think the male fans really don't respect a females' perspective. (Not all but some). But over all it is great.

Glad to meet you and to see that there are other female die hards other than myself. :silly:

Well, I am a die hard fan and I am definitely female. :silly: I think this board is great and some times I think the male fans really don't respect a females' perspective. (Not all but some). But over all it is great.

Glad to meet you and to see that there are other female die hards other than myself. :silly:

Well who cares what you think!!! J/k glad to see more female fans for any team

You should also realize that there are other female fans on this board who choose not to realize their identity. Someone with Clinton Portis or Santana Moss in their handle could quite easily be female. They would simply rather talk football than have to defend their gender. Not everyone is so bold as Blondie ;) .

It is a huge misnomer that women know very little about football, any code, I know women who are very knowlegable about the game, and the redskins in particular, so all i can say is welcome all the lady redskins fans, afterall you are just as big a part of the team as anyone else is

hail all things redskins: especially all the women fans

There are definitely some exceptions to the rule and I'm sure you are one and I KNOW Blondie is another. But IMO, guys have a problem taking a female's sports perspective seriously because there are SO many women that do not respect how great sports really are. I'm kind of bitter when I hear a woman say that sports are "stupid" because I really care about them. If some women just sit down and take the time to understand the sport, I'm sure they would come to appreciate sports as A LOT of women have towards the Redskins. The Redskins have TONS of female fans and we are thrilled to have you.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

There are definitely some exceptions to the rule and I'm sure you are one and I KNOW Blondie is another. But IMO, guys have a problem taking a female's sports perspective seriously because there are SO many women that do not respect how great sports really are. I'm kind of bitter when I hear a woman say that sports are "stupid" because I really care about them. If some women just sit down and take the time to understand the sport, I'm sure they would come to appreciate sports as A LOT of women have towards the Redskins. The Redskins have TONS of female fans and we are thrilled to have you.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

well, dont stereotype us men! :) i think its incredddddibly s-e-x-y when a woman can contribute in a football conversation, especially the redskins. for those women who can speak up about the skins or heck, even brett favre, i wanna hear what you got!

It is a huge misnomer that women know very little about football, any code, I know women who are very knowlegable about the game, and the redskins in particular, so all i can say is welcome all the lady redskins fans, afterall you are just as big a part of the team as anyone else is

hail all things redskins: especially all the women fans

I actually do not believe it is a misnomer that "most" women know very little about sports. I'm not being sexist in ANY way and love when women show interest in what is primarily a male domain. But I find myself in a sports environment often and still the vast majority of women want nothing to do with sports and even go out of their way to insult my interest in them.

Having said that, the women that do appreciate sports like I do get EXTRA points in my book. Keep it up ladies.

I am a FEMALE skins fan!

At work everyone comes to talk to me about trades/skins and all that...

It's pretty cool! I love my SKINS!

When a female can hang with me when talking about the Skins, that is VERY attractive. The Skins bind us all.

I am a FEMALE skins fan!

At work everyone comes to talk to me about trades/skins and all that...

It's pretty cool! I love my SKINS!

thats them looking to score a date....

"so what do you think about randle el... ya know what, actually, lets talk about it over lunch"

:D;)

I hear what you guys are saying and I guess there are exceptions to every rule. Now me, I like to think as myself as a very knowledgeable fan, probably more than some if not most guys. The problem comes in when every guy I meet is at first intriged that I know some much about the game, then I get on "she is cool as hell status." :doh:

For the most part that is cool because I was probably not interested anyway. :silly:

Any whos, my current boo and I connect more during football season when we are at 'Skins games versus when we are at Wizards games. :( I know, it is weird. I told him that if he ever thought about proposing it should be during football season, particularly after the 'Skins get a W. (He has a better chance of getting a YES!) :silly:

I know that this a little off topic but I thought the ladies could relate. :silly:

You should also realize that there are other female fans on this board who choose not to realize their identity. Someone with Clinton Portis or Santana Moss in their handle could quite easily be female. They would simply rather talk football than have to defend their gender. Not everyone is so bold as Blondie ;) .

I HAD to be bold. The first woman poster!! Trying to keep you guys in line has been a full time job!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

;)

Blondie

I don't talk about the Redskins to score a date! I am not going to brag about myself, but i don't date co-workers. I have a passion for the redskins and do talk about them often! If i can hold a conversation w/ someone about my skins...its makes the day go by faster.

I hear what you guys are saying and I guess there are exceptions to every rule. Now me, I like to think as myself as a very knowledgeable fan, probably more than some if not most guys. The problem comes in when every guy I meet is at first intriged that I know some much about the game, then I get on "she is cool as helll status." :doh:

For the most part that is cool because was probably not interested anyway. :silly:

Any whos, my current boo and I connect more during football season when we are at 'Skins games versus when we are at Wizards games. :( I know, it is weird. I told him that if he ever thought about proposing it should be during football season, particularly after the 'Skins get a W. (He has a better chance of getting a YES!) :silly:

I know that this a little off topic but I thought the ladies could relate. :silly:

now that the ladies have a bona-fide thread, i give it 15 minutes before this turns into a "what kind of jeans will make my hips look thin" conversation...

teasing! :)

Archived