Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK, I'm confused......

rsc

What I'm I missing here?

The Jets are talking to Atlanta about a trade with Abraham for Atlanta's 2nd round pick this year and their backup QB BUT.. Atlanta doesn't want to part with their backup QB.

So....

Why don't we give them our 2nd round pick and Ramsey for Abraham??? Heck throw in an addtional pick, (6th or 7th rounder)

AND..

Does anyone think we need help on the O-line or is that going to be addressed in the draft? I'm talking about depth.

What I'm I missing here?

The Jets are talking to Atlanta about a trade with Abraham for Atlanta's 2nd round pick this year and their backup QB BUT.. Atlanta doesn't want to part with their backup QB. Heck throw in an addtional pick, (6th or 7th rounder)

So....

Why don't we give them our 2nd round pick and Ramsey for Abraham???

AND..

Does anyone think we need help on the O-line or is that going to be addressed in the draft? I'm talking about depth.

I suppose it's because Schaub was not on the trade block already, and was les likely to be released.

(although I still can't see how anyone would want a guy like him that much, when he literally hasn't done anything but lose.)

(As for the O-line, supposedly we were looking at Jeff Mitchell from the Panthers, who has good starting experiance as a center. Also we will probably use the draft to add depth.)

Oh yeah, and you probably shouldn't have started a new thread.

:)

The other possibility is maybe we can't afford Abraham AND the other FA's and potential draftees we need to secure our needed depth at various positions. The other possibility is that we were not too impressed w/ Abraham when he visited here. However, the chance of getting Abraham is still in the air, as the other teams interested in him are quickly losing interest. If nobody picks up Abraham in another week or so, the chance to get Abraham will greatly increase for us.

Sorry about the new thread. I'm new here, I'll get up to speed.

Just a heads up, make sure you use the search function before starting a new thread. Some people here will jump down your throat for the slightest bit of redundancy in thread topics.

That being said.

Ramsey is likely to be released if we do not trade him. The Falcons have an earlier 2nd round pick than us. Schuab seems to be a very interesting prospect.

Personally I wouldn't want to see us part with our 2nd rounder this year (if we do I will have no way to get my skins fix after free agency).

I certainly agree that o-line depth is vital for this teams success. Last year we had a 40+ yr old starting for a while and when he went down we were really screwed. Now we don't have the old guy and we have kicked Raymer to the curb essentially killing any and all o-line depth. I will not be comfortable until we have 2 new faces on that line that can step in and at least give an admirable effort if called upon to do so.

Welcome to extremeskins

We have our 2 QBs set. Plus Shaub is one of the best back ups in the league. The Falcons have traditionally made terrible moves but this would be one of their worst. Mike Vick is not going to be a good NFL QB. Yeah i said it. Linebackers are way too fast and diciplined for Vick to do the same things he did at Tech.

Ramsey is not going to command much trade value at all. There are not many teams interested and the one who are are only offering low draft picks. We should take whatever we get for him and send him on his way

why would we release ramsey? He's a pretty good backup QB, and that's worth a lot more to us than a 7th round pick.

as good as Patrick is and yes I think Patrick is a good QB I just dont think he will ever be Joe Gibbs guy

I think the jets are waiting for us to release him because hes definitly gone in my opinion because we signed Todd Collins today

:dallasuck

I do. There was a rumor we were going to acquire a free agent center from Carolina. I don't know whatever came of that. I think we should try to pickup some quality offensive line depth in free agency. I also think we should use our 2nd round pick on one of the many quality gaurds available in this years draft.

We have a good group of starters but no experienced reserves. Ray Brown played like 20 games for us the past two season and he is gone. We will need a good player or two to fill in if somebody up front gets hurt (as has happened two straight years). Ray Brown will not be there to rely on anymore. With Thomas coming off an injury and Dockery's uncertain contract, I'd say this should be high on our list of needs.

Personally, I hope USC G Deuce Latui is still available when we pick.

atlanta would be idiots to trade their 2nd string as much as vick is hurt

If you ever watched Atlanta play with Schuab as QB, the offense is MUCH more productive. Against Carolina (Week 17), Vick couldn't do a damn thing. The finally put in Schuab, drives down the field for a TD. He has done this many times when he is called upon. Obviously ATL wants to sell more tickets and Vick jerseys than win games.

I think we back out the race because of Abraham wanting to redo his contract and wanting a 18 mill signing bonus!!!!! At least that was what has been reported by many saying that is why Abraham trades have not gone through with many Teams, Redskins, Denver and others

Archived