Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does free agency change our draft strategy?

Ryman of the North

I think it does, now instead of filling holes we can go after the best player available (which I believe is the best strategy anyway!)

I couldnt argue before because the holes to fill were so huge but now we are set almost everywhere so I think we simply pick the best player available whenever we do pick instead of targeting a specific position.

Remember that we drafted Desmond Howard after the superbowl even tho we were stacked at WR at the time so I think Gibbs thinks the same way.

the only real hole left is at LB. I think we go best available player but with an eye on which LB's are available.

The good news is we could either draft an OLB or a MLB depending on who is left at that point.

I'd also like to see us get some depth for both lines.

I think we're pretty much ****-canning the draft this year. We've already traded our first and third, and anything below fourth is generally a waste. We're going to get bit players out of the draft. Nothing wrong with that, but the AJ Hawks and such will be long gone by the time our pick rolls around.

Thats what I thought, that we are bailing on the draft because we wont have a real shot at any players that Gibbs et al want anyway. most teams overvalus the draft because they are cheap and like to develope talent not realising that in the era of free agency developing guys merely mean that they are ready to get big contracts when they are ready to play anyway.

Archived