Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb vs. Graham ?,,, Banks? None of above

Eagle_Lou

Lets move on now boyz and girlz to the QB position. On one side we have McNabb last years runner up for MVP. He will be the Eagles starter. On the other side we have Kent Graham( cant win 2 games in a row) Tony Banks ( Not Brad Davis by far) and your secret weapon,( some dude with a brown paper bag over his head) for your QB. When McNabb starts to run with the ball, Skins feel fear of giving up big yards on defense. When Redskin QB tries to run, Eagle D licks its chops for porkroll delight. When Banks puts the ball in the air, an Eagle awaits it somewhere downfield. When 4 Eagle recievers go downfield inside the Redskin 20, it means 6 points coming the Eagles way, especially against an ageing guy named Green who has seen better days gone by and should rightfully retire at seasons end. And finally lets take a look at your secret weapon behind that brown paper bag on his head. Why that aint no quarterback, its Joe Theisman doing one of his famous impersonations of humpty dumpty sat on the wall, but this time its the Redskins who are about to fall. The decision for the better QB is easy. Eagles have the MAN on their side. Catch him if you can you mean, mean Redskin defense. Ughhhhh !!!!

And as we all know, the only way you can win is if you have the better quarterback. Like the Redskins last two Super Bowl victories when star quarterbacks Doug Williams and Mark Rypien demolished teams led by scrubb quarterbacks John Elway and Jim Kelly.

Yeah, the Eagles have been real adapt at getting touchdowns inside the 20, as evidenced by the fact that they only had to settle for 5 field goals last week, despite the fact that they were continually given the ball deep in their opposition's territory.

You can rip Green all you want, but he's got a few things no Eagle has ever had, Super Bowl rings. In fact, save the possible exception of Vincent, he is better than any other cornerback you guys have. Yes, this includes Bobby Taylor.

Its doubtful that any Skin fan with even the brain of an Iggles fan would take Banks over McNabb. He is truly a franchise QB. Just hope that he stays healthy with our franchise LB aiming for him. We know what would happen with the Skins O without a franchise QB... we've seen it the last 4 games... especially the last one. They found a way to win.

Doubtful that the Iggs could do the same without McNabb.

We've seen your franchise with a mobile, strong-armed "franchise QB" before. But Randall Cunningham didn't do a damn thing, and you guys had to rely upon your defense to get anywhere. Good luck the second time around.

------------------

"Loosen up, Sandy baby. You're just too damn tight!" - John Riggins to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

----------------------

"I fear we've awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."

- Japanese Imperial Admiral Yamamoto, after hearing that the Japanese declaration of war failed to reach the U.S. government before the attack upon Pearl Harbor

Originally posted by RySkins:

You can rip Green all you want, but he's got a few things no Eagle has ever had, Super Bowl rings. In fact, save the possible exception of Vincent, he is better than any other cornerback you guys have. Yes, this includes Bobby Taylor.

Dont get me wrong Ryskin, Green is hall of fame material for sure, maybe one of the best who played the position, but its time for him to hang it up after this season. Right now Ill take Taylor over Green and his SB Rings 10 times out of 10. You must really hate Bobby huh? Geez he is our best defensive player too. And Im a Linebacker kind of guy.

Text

Randall Cunningham, then Rodney Peete, Now Donny McNabb. All are great athletes who show promise.....but......Just not quite NFL caliber QUARTERBACKS. Sure they may win a few games on athleticism, but to win it all and do so consistently, you need more than athleticism.

I'd take McNabb over any of our guys, but he's not in my top ten.

I don't hate Taylor, I'm just pointing out that Green has not slipped as far as you believe. Truthfully, Taylor and Vincent are formidable cornerback duo, but I believe Vincent is the better player.

I don't see Taylor being your best defensive player. IMO Brian Dawkins is the best safety in the league and is your best defensive player. I also consider Douglas and Trotter to be better than Taylor, but then again I don't watch the Eagles every Sunday like you do so you might be right.

Hey Eagle_Lou:

You are missing a key matchup in your analysis of the Redskins offense vs. the Eagles defense. Hugh Douglass is an outstanding pass rusher, but he's a little light in the *** going up against Samuels in the running game. Davis ran all over Seattle going left a couple of weeks ago - I seem to recall that they had a highly ranked rush defense going into that game. After the safeties have to start cheating up to stop Davis, look for the resurgent Westbrook to get open deep.

McNabb is of course the biggest concern for the Redskins defense - he pretty much won the game last year single-handed. I hope to see the Skins stay disciplined in their pass rushing schemes and force McNabb to beat them with his arm. The Skins have excellent cover corners - including Darryl Green pushing his walker around.

------------------

If you can't be good, be good at it.

Didnt think it was necessary to put our D against your O. Thats no contest. Your club will be lucky to even get a field goal against us there. And as far as Hugh's size, dont forget its all muscle there, no flubber. He was pro bowl last year along with Corey Simon. And our linebackers are getting better as the weeks go on. Im predicting Trottier to be the next LT. Only a few better in the league right now and they are in the AFC. Ray Lewis is the best right now. There is so much there on our D that I can only say it is one of the best defensive units in the NFL right now. I look for many a sack on your QB on Sunday. The real trick is how hungry will our offense be to (excuse the phrase) HOG the ball and score at will on your defense and give Daryll Green one of his worst outings in his long, long, long carear.

My question is which "pro bowl" WR of yours is gonna school Darrell? I doubt that all of your recievers put into one could run with Green. Green has forgotten more about football than all your WR combined. Besides you will have to worry about Champ and Smoot since Darrell is the third CB. Thrash will get schooled by any of our three CBs. I am more worried about Staley than McNabb anyway. He seems to always have good days againist us. Of course since Duce is so reliable we might get to see HE HATE HIMSELF.

Hail Skins

Wait a minite, are you trying to match your D with our O? You dont stand a chance there. OK Baily is very good, and so is Smith, but somewhere on that D my Redskin friend, lies a weakness that shall again be exposed leading to your 6th loss this season. Your D will not be able to cover everybody, thats the hard cold fact for you to look forward to. Just like we had a fun time covering the Ram offense, that is what you will have to try to stop in our Eagle O. By the way how come you Skin fans dont acknowledge Chad Lewis as a threat to gain high yardage as well, do you think we are still a 1 dimensional offense? Like I said earlier Skin fans, have your crying towels close at hand Sunday, your gonna need them. I think we got HEHateMe for show but ya never know. Hail to the Eaglez !!!

Hey guys, this Eagle Lou guy is the same guy I remember from the CNN-SI boards. He would always come over and cause a rukus with his stupid petty comments about how great the Eagles were, and how they were going to crush the Skins. He pretty much ended up with his foot in his mouth most of the time. Nothing but a trouble maker without much of a brain. Aren't you that same guy Lou??? You bettcha you are! Go back to the CNN-SI board where you belong lou!

Lewis is a very good TE but I do not see him as a yardage threat, he is more of a red zone threat, not nearly as much as your kicker but still a threat. Shade covering Lewis could be huge plus for you guys, but where do you get off even think "EAgles offense" in the same sentence as Ram's offense. You need to get a grip there buddy.

Bailey - Thrash can anyone say shut down

Smoot - Pinkston can anyone say 1 catch for minus 5 yards

Green- Mitchell time for the rook to go school

Shade Lewis Could be a problem for Skins

McNabb Running I can only think of one word LaVAr

I do not see a great offense anywhere in Philly. I think the Phils score more(other than Dallas games)

Hail SKins

[edited.gif by Skins57 on November 21, 2001.]

Originally posted by jonjeff:

Hey guys, this Eagle Lou guy is the same guy I remember from the CNN-SI boards. He would always come over and cause a rukus with his stupid petty comments about how great the Eagles were, and how they were going to crush the Skins. He pretty much ended up with his foot in his mouth most of the time. Nothing but a trouble maker without much of a brain. Aren't you that same guy Lou??? You bettcha you are! Go back to the CNN-SI board where you belong lou!

TextLets just put this brush fire out real quick. No it wasnt me on the CNN-SI boards where ever that is. Only boards you will find me on is philadelphiaeagles.com,,, and www.nj.com/forums/eagles board. This is the first and only redskin board Ive come to so FOR future reference let me give you a tip also. DONT ACCUSE UNLESS YOU KNOW, AND RIGHT NOW YOU DONT KNOW JACK.

Hey Buzzard_Lou:

How about trying a little objectivity instead of ignorant homerism. The Redskins ran the ball down the Ravens throats last year - against probably the best defense ever. Davis didn't get 100, but he did break loose for the winning touchdown. The Skins dominated time of possession in that game. Your defense is good - but not the 00 Ravens. I could also make the argument that the Redskins offense line is better than last year with the return of Raymer, the additions of Szott and Coleman, and the additional maturity of Samuels and Jansen.

Watch the game tape of the Seattle game - their defense is at least as good as yours. That was the offense you will see this weekend - not the one you saw in the first 5 games.

------------------

If you can't be good, be good at it.

Originally posted by BogeyMan:

Watch the game tape of the Seattle game - their defense is at least as good as yours. That was the offense you will see this weekend - not the one you saw in the first 5 games.

TextBuzzard Lou huh? Na, I dont turn into that kind of bird until Sunday night when I feast on dead Pig. The Seahawks huh? We scored 44 on their defense, thats pretty close to what we will score on yours too. Our D is gonna eat you up and spit your O out like a bad piece of snot from our noses. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!

Originally posted by jonjeff:

Never heard of CNN-SI Lou? Boy, you are stupider than I thought!! Your definatly the same big mouth idiot I remember.

TextPost the address of this CNN-Si site then. Whats the web address, Ill be glad to go check it out, since you think its me. Whats the web address ace? I may have a running mouth at times, but I dont need to lie about who and what and were Ive been and Ive never been to that site at all but hey give me the address and Ill go see what its like. If not then whatever dude.

i Just love the way this guy questions the heart and soul of our offense. True it took a while to get on track, but the players were never heartless, gutless wonders of the world. Careful not to get wrapped up in a false sense of security, because, unlike the Eagles, the #2 QB on the Skins 'already" proved he can step in and finish the job.

We'll be watching you, even after this one, since you have,"glorified, magnified" your defense. It is a good one, but as much as it may be your strength, it can be your weakness. Your #2's throughout your team are not there yet and two keys gone, means your doors stay locked.

Actually Eagle_Lue, the birds scored 27 on Seattle, the same amount the Skins scored oh the 'Hawks.

Lue, our biggest strength on offense is your biggest weakness on defense, the running game. We'll see in the Eagles are able to stop Stephen Davis. They might be able to, but I don't think they can do it without bringing a safety into the box, which will present the Redskins with big-play oppertunities in the passing game. The key will be whether or not the Redskins offensive line will be able to pick up the blitz and give Banks enough time to get rid of the ball.

I KNOW McNabb has more respect for Darrell Green than you all do. If memory serves, last year when Green lugged his walker up to Philly he had himself quite a day. smile.gif

------------------

"Men, there's nothing to get excited about. The situation is normal; we are surrounded."

[edited.gif by Henry on November 21, 2001.]

This game is an interesting matchup. We matchup very well with the Eagles offense. We have the outside people to bother their receivers and we have the speed at linebacker to harass McNabb should he get mobile. The Eagles have a better offensive line at this point than our defensive line has traditionally been, but, the present manner in which our line is playing might tilt that to our way.

No, the Eagles offense has never really been a frightful thing. It's an offense that would be fortunate to be ranked in the top 30 if McNabb were out. He's the one key advantage on offense you certainly enjoy and he's an advantage we have traditionally not known how to stop. Our offense has picked it up in recent weeks. We have the tools to threaten your defense. Unless you dedicate to stopping the run, with your weak run defense, we will gut you and that will be the game.

I don't expect the Eagles will let that happen. We saw what the Broncos did last week to slow the Redskins running game, and our passing game wasn't able to carry us. Of course the weather played a major role in that. I find it amusing to see some of the player commentary I'm seeing here. Of the linebackers on the field, as good as Trotter is, he's no better than the second best linebacker in the game. Arrington is the class of the position at this point, and even with a nagging ankle that he admits has slowed him a little, he's still better than what you have.

Either way, Arrington will essentially be removed from a major role in this game if we are to be successful. I'd put Arrington on McNabb every play. Make that his sole role. We had intended to do that last year but he got hurt on a kickoff. I think this game is a good one to see because both teams have strengths on defense that can take away the outside receivers and strengths on offense that can hurt the opposing defense.

I'm as anxious for this game as I've been for any game in recent years.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

this thread misses the point entirely. The NFL is a TEAM sport. Yes, individuals can affect the outcome but any one on one matchup is of less consequence than in the NBA or the NHL where you only play 5 at a time.

The Redskins won 3 Super Bowls and in 2 of them had what many would feel was the inferior quarterback in terms of career performance:

Doug Williams vs. John Elway?, Mark Rypien vs. Jim Kelly?

Only the 1982 team with Joe Theismannn matched against David Woodley for Miami was a clear edge for the Redskins.

The funny thing about McNabb is, he is the Eagles savior but he can also be the goat in case he does not play well.

The Redskins have shown last week that they can win without Banks playing well or even at all.

Meanwhile, Philly NEEDS McNabb to have a good day to win.

There just aren't enough other playmakers on the offense to help the Eagles win when Donovan makes some mistakes.

Judging from the Eagles judicious management of their cap, I don't think you will be able to pry any essential players from their roster in the offseason.

we tried to sign Grasmanis in the offseason this year and even though he is just the #3 tackle they made sure they didn't let him go.

I don't know how high in the draft he is going to go, but local product Henderson out of Maryland seems to have impact player written all over him at MLB and would love to see the Redskins add him in 2002.

Archived