Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

About the Press Conferences...

jimster

I watched the Randle El and Brandon Lloyd press conferences on Redskins.com and am impressed with both players.

Something that really stood out to me was that Randle El mentioned that Joe Gibbs called him at 12:05 Saturday morning and after talking to him for a few minutes, asked to speak to his wife. - Antwaan was giggling about this and seemed impressed as well.

This starts things off on the right foot with the players. - In both press conferences, Joe Gibbs introduces the players and their wives' and families all by name.

I think this is great because it makes the players feel that this is more than just a job, but a home.

Nice Job. :cheers:

I think that is just what the Redskins are all about. I particularly liked the Lloyd conference. Know we are going to hear some funny remarks out of him. But did anyone listen to Archuleta say "Glad to be hear in Chicago"? I would probably chalk that up to nervousness and a long few days.

Joe Gibbs is a huge believer in creating a family atmosphere for players because it creates unity and stability throughout the team. Antwaan Randle El is still a young guy but acts like an older vet. That's the kind of guy teammates rally around and I think he and Moss will rub off on Brandon Lloyd in a positive way. You simply can't underestimate team chemistry.

From what I saw, it looks like these guys are going to have a lot of fun in DC. With Randle El claiming to be a press hound, might we see some tandem appearances on the thursday press conferences? Maybe he can talk CP into bringing back S.E. Jerome. Lloyd talked a lot about having fun and how he plays better under these conditions. Just sounds like a great addition to the chemistry of our offense. All three guys impressed me.

BTW- jimster that sig scares me.

It's a great organization..the best thing Dan has done since he's been the owner was bringing Joe Gibbs back..it all trickles down from that man, what he stands for..a man of faith..and the foundation and importance of family, and men of character. Obviously he is a winner, and wants to win...and with Dan's help, bringing in players, coaches etc. to help this team be superbowl champions.

But I agree, The new players feel welcomed, and there is a great environment of cammeraderie, team and family with the Washington Redskins.

Archived