Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

True "Redskins"

JohnnyWhiteGuy

Did my sig give you the idea of this thread? :silly:

Joe Gibbs goes after "Joe Gibbs" players and nothing short of that. Nobody is perfect so of course our guys will have some downfalls ( i.e Sean Taylor just as one example). If he felt that Arch, Lloyd, A.R.E, and Fauria did not posses the Redskin qualities he would not have signed them in the first place.

EDIT: Besides, we all know Gibbs wears the pants in that relationship! :laugh:

Well, I know little about a couple of the guys we've picked up (Lloyd & Archuletta), but I've watched ARE his whole NFL career (and every year on Madden, I add him to my WR squad). I would imagine, tho, that these are the kinds of guys that the Redskins/Joe Gibbs are looking for. I love Randel El & think he will fit very well in our schemes. I have no doubt, tho, that Gibbs & Co. know what they are doing.

A.R.E. seems like a really good guy for the most part. My brother-in-law is a die hard Steelers fan, so I've seen a lot of them over the last few years...he should be a very positive addition. I also saw the ESPN special on AA and it seems like he's a really hard worker and is willing to bust his tail to win.

I'm pretty satisfied with what the Skins have done up to this point.. I think all the players are typical Gibbs players look at receivers very posse like or remember when we had the smurfs not really big guys but guys that will take hits very tough very quick, swifty type of receivers.. So yes I believe they are true Redskins because Gibbs had these type of players in the past..

What defense do you all think will give us the most trouble in '06?

philly and/or wherever lavar ends up. *keeps his fingers crossed and hopes that lavar's cutting was really an under the table plan for DS to get under the cap, sign free agents and bring him back*........but naaaah that aint happening.

thats a good question. if im not mistaken, all but lloyd have a super bowl ring, and gibbs loves winners. i think character wise, they are all good guys, although their have been whispers about lloyd....

Fauria and El have rings, Chu Chu train and Lloyd do not. Archuleta was a rookie when the Pats won in New Orleans. As for character guys? Hardly a bunch of Reggie Whites and Art Monks. Good, solid, smart football players. I think Gibbs had very little to do with making these choices. The Associate and Executive head coaches probably got the guys they wanted. Aint nothin wrong with that. It's nice to have a Joe Gibbs making this whole operation legit.

Never believe Gibbs didn't pick these guys.

He brought Dan a winning season for the first time in forever. Danny is NOT going to go against Gibbs wants.

Blondie

:point2sky

As the lady said, this is Joe Gibbs team and for all you young fans who has only heard of his days, hold on because history is repeating itself, you will see what a great coach he still is.

You will soon see why Gibbs made the Hall of Fame and went to 4 SuperBowls, all the man does is builds Champions every where he goes, and the man is building another one back here with the Redskins!!!

I just watched Randle El on Redskins.com and I have to say yes, he is a stand up, quality guy. Just a naturally nice guy.

All these free agent additions seem to indicate that JG still knows what he wants in players and that he is adjusting to the players of today...something the talking head "experts" said he wouldn't be able to do after being out of the league for so long.

They look like "True Redskins" to me, although BL looks more like CP than SM...but Coach Janky Spanky will keep him in line!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

thats a good question. if im not mistaken, all but lloyd have a super bowl ring, and gibbs loves winners. i think character wise, they are all good guys, although their have been whispers about lloyd....

I concur. Additionally, Gibbs looks at character first. So, although he may have made a mistake or two in his past 2 years, he's making sure the character issue is addressed first; before intelligence and ability.

Archuleta was drafted after their superbowl win

only Randle el has a ring.

but it that doesnt matter... they are character guys :cheers:

Archived