For his pro career:

162 catches

54 Rushes

16 Passes

78 Kick Returns

168 Punt Returns

Total: 478 Touches

0 Lost fumbles or interceptions

That's pretty impressive. He also does not drop many balls, that should not be a problem with this year's receiving corp, as it was this season.

Here's a great stat on ARE from NFL.com

For his pro career:

162 catches

54 Rushes

16 Passes

78 Kick Returns

168 Punt Returns

That definatly is interesting, he has been in more situations to put the ball on the ground than most NFL players and he hasnt ever...pretty impressive if you ask me.

The Steelers didn't have him returning kickoffs last year. He only had one. ARE and Betts have the same number of kickoff returns in their career--78. ARE averaged 22.3 yards per kick, Betts has averaged 24.3. ARE was still the Steelers primary punt returner.

Here's a great stat on ARE from NFL.com

For his pro career:

162 catches

54 Rushes

16 Passes

78 Kick Returns

168 Punt Returns

I was positive I saw him catch a deep ball in one of their games and he errantly pitched it to Hines Ward and I know that ball was recovered by the defense. I actually thought it was in their Wildcard game this year. Isn't that ruled a lost fumble?

I was positive I saw him catch a deep ball in one of their games and he errantly pitched it to Hines Ward and I know that ball was recovered by the defense. I actually thought it was in their Wildcard game this year. Isn't that ruled a lost fumble?

I believe if the ball hit Ward's hands, regardless of whether or not he had possession, it's ruled a fumble by Ward. I'm pretty sure the same thing happens on bad snaps (especially shotgun). I don't remember seeing centers charged with fumbles. I've been wrong before though.

Archived