Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Archuleta

ChiefPowhatan17

Archuleta has never impressed me, at all. He cant catch for his life, he doesnt seem like a great cover safety, and I dont think we need another hard hitter at safety. I think we just need some insurance, someone who wont get burned, and if ST screws up, they will be there. I think Ryan Clark is much better then Adam Archuleta, and I dont see why everyone likes him so much. His stats arent impressive, and he doesnt impress me when Ive watched him play. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

I agree. I think Chris Hope would be a better option for the Skins. He's all around solid.

Archuleta has never impressed me, at all. He cant catch for his life, he doesnt seem like a great cover safety, and I dont think we need another hard hitter at safety. I think we just need some insurance, someone who wont get burned, and if ST screws up, they will be there. I think Ryan Clark is much better then Adam Archuleta, and I dont see why everyone likes him so much. His stats arent impressive, and he doesnt impress me when Ive watched him play. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

I agree

I like Clark, but he is probably better suited as a FS because he's been somewhat of a liability in run support. And that's where Archuleta makes his living, run support and he's able to get to the QB. Williams would have a field day bringing this guy on blitz packages.

15 sacks doesnt impress me either....

The way he drives people to the ground even less....

the way he gets past O-lines....Who needs that?....

Great at reducing or eliminating YAC..... not wanted on this team....

Lets not upgrade the safety position with some hitters...

Lets get a bunch of finesse type safeties....

or maybe just get someone that cant play worth a lick.....

Where do you get your logic from?

Clark is a nice player and might be able to handle starting this year but AA excels at starting and has done so for a while.

Clark is still a bit of a question mark.

I love Clark but AA is an upgrade whether you accept that or not.

dang skippy :nutkick:

Not to mention that it looks like Clark wants too much money (that will or won't be confirmed if he gets other offers and we get to see how much that is) and is probably not going to be resigned due to that.

Full Name: Adam Jason Archuleta

Born: November 27, 1977

Chandler, AZ

Height: 6-0

Weight: 223 lbs. Age: 28

Pos: S

Experience: 5 years

College: Arizona State

Drafted: Year:2001 Round:1 Pick:20, Rams

Insider Analysis

Grade 75

Expert's Take He is an undersized SS who makes a lot of plays. He is not the same type of player, but the Rams try to do a lot of the same things Pittsburgh does with Troy Polamalu. He has very good straight-line speed for the position. He can come up on the line and match up with the TE in man-to-man situations. They will walk him up over the TE and he gets a nice jam, not allowing the TE to get a clean release. He plays more physical than his size. He flashes the foot quickness to align over a receiver in the slot. He is a solid zone safety -- has very good instincts. He closes well forward and to the sidelines in Cover 2. He is a smart player -- excellent instincts and can distinguish quickly between the run and pass. He anticipates well and shows excellent route recognition. He plays bigger than his size as a hitter -- can blow up ball carrriers and receivers when he gets them lined up. He did not play as well down in the box last season. He tends to get out-sized when blockers are able to reach him. He is not quick to shed blocks in run support. Because of his aggressiveness he does get out of position at times. He will overrun the ball in run support. He is more of a drag-down tackler -- better hitter than wrap-and-finish safety. Though he is fast, he can take some poor angles in coverage. He struggles in coverage as the deep safety. He does not have great ball skills in deep coverage. Overall, he is a high-energy player who flies to the ball. He loves football and plays with passion. He is a good Cover 2 SS and is effective enough dropping down in the box. He has the ability to make a team better in the back end.

With Archuleta his one stat that is impressive is tackles. He averages like 71 tackles a season. That's pretty good for a SS. He played OLB in college at Arizona State. I think he might of played with Pat Tillman in college. Anyway's I do think that he will be primarily a run stopper type Safety and if we could keep Clark also we would have some depth. I don't think Clark really wants to be a SKIN, it just seems that him and the Redskins are far apart in what they think his worth is. If no one else wants him, he'll be back. He is actually ranked pretty low on the list of FA safeties. I saw a list that ranked Matt Bowen two slots higher.

Archuleta= Pre-Injury Bowen, and I mean that in a very good way. :D

Oh God, NO WAY!!!! Bowen, again, is good at sticking his head in a pile; a kamakazi type. But AA has all the tools, speed, reading the O, and is a hitter. Don't confuse collision guys (guys who will recklessly smash into folks) with hitters (guys who have the twitch muscle). Former players know what I mean.

Yeah that would suck if you had to change your name to Taylor21_INT_4_PAROLE.

I do agree though, Taylor isn't going to jail, and with Arch back there with ST they're going to need some type of hard hitting duo nickname.

How's this? Taylor = the Sickle (b/c he's known as the Grim Reaper)

Archuleta = the Hammer (b/c he can lay the smack down)

Keep in mind that Williams has always run a defense that featured the SS position. The SS's that he has had thus far in WAS have been nice players (Clark), but he has never had a stud SS.

AA is a great player vs. the run and can blitz. I agree that he is average in coverage, but I see him more like an extra LB. We all remember last season when the skins had to sneak Taylor up vs. the run, it lead to some big plays for the opposition.

Adding AA would allow Taylor to concentrate on what he does best, ball hawk and destroying recievers in the secondary.

Keep in mind that Williams has always run a defense that featured the SS position. The SS's that he has had thus far in WAS have been nice players (Clark), but he has never had a stud SS.

AA is a great player vs. the run and can blitz. I agree that he is average in coverage, but I see him more like an extra LB. We all remember last season when the skins had to sneak Taylor up vs. the run, it lead to some big plays for the opposition.

Adding AA would allow Taylor to concentrate on what he does best, ball hawk and destroying recievers in the secondary.

I completely agree with our neighbor to the north here. AA will be used to stop the run and step up in the box, leaving our boy Taylor to roam the middle and make big plays. He'll be ball hawking, and more importantly, seperating recievers from the ball, their mouthpeices, and maybe their teeth. I think AA is a good pickup because we don't know if Clark will be back. Taylor isn't going to jail guys, he's rich. Its not like the murdered two people with a kitchen knife. I really hope Clark stays though, he layed some brutal hits last season and another saftey always helps. I'd also like to get some more depth at corner, Harris was our nickle last year, who's replacing him Jimoh? I don't like the sound of that.

now did he already meet wiht us??? or does he meet with them sometime this week???

He came in yesterday and was at the Wizard's game last night, sitting between Cooley and Campbell. He hasn't signed yet, and I think he's left already-- but he'll be back. The other team with alot of interest in him is the Bears, but their FO is too cheap to compete w/ us--ex: Randle-El

So we'd have a communist secondary?

That was the allusion I was making. Scythes are what a grim reaper carry, but I thought Hammer was a good fit for AA, but scythe and hammer doesn't work. Steelers had the Steel (Iron) Curtain right?

Archived