Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what about Carter?

cmorina69

if we sign him, witch is what everyone is saying we will do, what will he play DE OLB what, i know its good that he can play both, will he start over wynn or somthing , or should we draft somone, i would like to see us sign abrham and then draft a olb.

if we sign him, witch is what everyone is saying we will do, what will he play DE OLB what, i know its good that he can play both, will he start over wynn or somthing , or should we draft somone, i would like to see us sign abrham and then draft a olb.

I think he'll be the DE...but i'm not sure. I'm thinking we will have Chris Clemons as our OLB.

I think he would be OLB in rush situations and then replace Wynn at DE for passing situations.

Honestly, I think he will play DE. Evans is gone so there goes one DE. As a DE he was incredibly succesful, much more so than as a LB. While yes he can play LB(which makes him all the more valuable), I think thats where they have him set. Look for us to get a solid, but less known guy to fill in at OLB.

I think he will do a little bit of both LB and DE. A hybrid, he certaily can play a little zone coverage having played LB before. Then on 3rd and longs he will lineup as a DE and go get QB's. At almost 270 you don't want him man on man with a RB or WR. We also have Clemons and LeShon Sykes that could be used at WLB.

3 Scenarios I would be happy with:

1. Sign Carter as a Defensive End, move Marshall back to OLB in Arringtons place, Draft a MLB maybe with our round 2 pick.

2. Sign Carter to fill Arrington's spot, keep Marshall at MLB, Persue a DE in either the draft or possibly Abraham.

3. Sign Carter as a DE, keep Marshall at MLB, play Clemons at OLB

I would be most happy with 1 or 3, I think Carter will do better for us as a defensive end... I would like to see Marshall back in his natural position as well and maybe get a bigger/more agressive guy to play in the middle...

3 Scenarios I would be happy with:

1. Sign Carter as a Defensive End, move Marshall back to OLB in Arringtons place, Draft a MLB maybe with our round 2 pick.

2. Sign Carter to fill Arrington's spot, keep Marshall at MLB, Persue a DE in either the draft or possibly Abraham.

3. Sign Carter as a DE, keep Marshall at MLB, play Clemons at OLB

I would be most happy with 1 or 3, I think Carter will do better for us as a defensive end... I would like to see Marshall back in his natural position as well and maybe get a bigger/more agressive guy to play in the middle...

I like 3, and I think at this point that is the most likely plan. With Wynn coming in and maybe Carter moving to OLB on rushing downs.

Andre Carter will be a pass-rusher. Position isn't the most key thing in that respect... he'll probably play on the line most of the time but GW will undoubtedly have certain packages with him as a LB (where other teams may expect him to rush but he ends up dropping back into coverage).

Carter would enable us to have a certain degree of rotation at the LB and DE spots that would keep our players fresh as well. The sacks are the big thing that he will do for us, though.

Mikalax2 hit the nail on the head. He will play LB and on third down, where LaVar came out, he will put his hand down and go after the passer. I am sure GW has many fun things cooked up especially for Mr. Carter. They haven't missed on a defensive FA yet.

announcement monday... my guess is carter will be introduced then

forget about abraham

It would be interesting to see what he can do if he's used as a DE. Now remember, he's a SOLID 265, as opposed a soft 300, like Marcus Spears. Most

of the better pass rushing ends are in the 260s to 270s, ie Strahan, KGB, Abraham, Freeney and Kerney. Now, being the case that he doesn't have any useless weight on him (see Exhibit A ), he could be a good replacement for Arrington. You have to admit, after Lavar sat out so much of the season after his injury, when he finally came back, he looked a little soft and slow. He didn't look like his old self when he was trying to run back that INT. Looked like he'd let himself get up to 260. Either way, I REALLY hope we get AC instead of going with someone we already have to fill the void at LB. Marshall, Washington, Carter. Now that sounds nice.

Archived