Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antivirus & Firewall Blocker

Coach Williams

I assume Norton Ghost. Backup program. Interface is great with Windows. And simple for anyone that wants to use it.

I HAD ghost.....I figured it was another program for something else......

that was for system works back in the day.......

I bought a external HD and say my prayers it doesn't overheat......

I HAD ghost.....I figured it was another program for something else......

that was for system works back in the day.......

I bought a external HD and say my prayers it doesn't overheat......

Most externals come with Ghost, unless you were looking for cheap hardware. But it works, and works well. If you have an external, that you don't already use for storage, set a schedule to back up while you sleep. It's seemless, and will save you heartache. ;)

King, you've brought up some very good points that hopefully members here will think about. I would imagine at least 50% of the members here think of AV as a disc they installed many moons ago.

I have a bad habit of assuming that most people care about computer security and they actually know what they are talking about. Not just the "I have this Norton thingy" comment.

The easiest way to explain Ghost is a compressed ISO image of a Hard drive. Very handy when manipulating your setup with quick backups.

King, you've brought up some very good points that hopefully members here will think about. I would imagine at least 50% of the members here think of AV as a disc they installed many moons ago.

I have a bad habit of assuming that most people care about computer security and they actually know what they are talking about. Not just the "I have this Norton thingy" comment.

The easiest way to explain Ghost is a compressed ISO image of a Hard drive. Very handy when manipulating your setup with quick backups.

Computer security professional? Or a network admin? You are absolutely right, as usual. Even computer professionals know their stuff, but go home at night and leave their home PC's wide open. FTP is a great tool.....Really, it is ;)

Trend Officescan 7.0

Spybot S & D w/ Tea Timer

Kerio Personal Firewall (works great, but they stopped supporting in 2006!) :mad:

RSA Authentication

Security Task Manager 1.6

I messed with Reg Supreme and my pc was never the same.:mad:

If you want a good anti-spyware try Counterspy by Sunbelt, its not free, but darn thorough.:)

I'm digging the latest version of Zone Alarm. Has everything built into it and it's easy to use.

Still not as good as my netscreen but I recommended it to lay folk

No doubt, Juniper Netscreens are great stuff. I love their 5gt adsl firewalls.

Archived