Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

weakness at SS

cmorina69

i noticed that alot of u guys would like to see Archuleta on the skins, but do we relly have a weakness at SS, i think that Pierson Prioleau,Ryan Clark and Omar Stoutmire did a good job this year, and i think they can do good next year, what yall think?:dallasuck

I think Archuleta would be a waste. Now that we have cap space to play with, clark and prieloau will return. If we add anybody to the mix at safety, I would love to see us draft Darnell Bing from USC, he's as big as ST, and would make a great compliment to ST, nobody would be passing over our middle.

I think Archuleta would be a waste. Now that we have cap space to play with, clark and prieloau will return. If we add anybody to the mix at safety, I would love to see us draft Darnell Bing from USC, he's as big as ST, and would make a great compliment to ST, nobody would be passing over our middle.

how are we suppose to get him when hes suppose to go in the middle of the 1st round?

i noticed that alot of u guys would like to see Archuleta on the skins, but do we relly have a weakness at SS, i think that Pierson Prioleau,Ryan Clark and Omar Stoutmire did a good job this year, and i think they can do good next year, what yall think?:dallasuck

Prioleau and Burns are the only SS under contract right now.

Stoutmire is a FS and not under contract and with Bowen getting a visit from the Turk, our depth chart looks like this:

FS: Sean Taylor (jail??), _______, __________.

SS: Pierson Prioleau, Curry Burns, ________.

http://www.ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=was

Remember, there are really no "starters" in Williams's defense. I'm confident that if Archuleta is signed, we'll still be seeing alot of Ryan Clark.

Clark is one of my favorite Skins.

Clark will be back now that the cap has gone up to $102M.

I think they have the parameters on a new deal already but were waiting to see if the new cap numbers would make it possible to get it signed.

I would be very surprised to see Clark go elsewhere.

With Sean Taylor hung up in legal troubles at FS, the last thing the team needs is transition at the other safety spot.

If anything the Skins should be looking for a backup FS in case Taylor is suspended.

(1) Even if the Skins want to re-sign Clark -- which I'm confident they do -- that's no guarantee that Clark wouldn't go someplace else for more money.

(2) Even if the Skins are targeting Archuletta -- remember, this is just a rumor -- that by no way means that they won't also try to re-sign Clark. GW has said multiple times that versatility in the secondary is one of his main goals.

(3) Relax. If Gibbs and GW has proven anything over the past 2 years it's that they are very good at identifying players in free agency that will help this team. Let everything play out before you play Monday-Morning-Quarterback.

When teams try to attack our defense, Clark is usually the one they pick on. He gave up a lot of plays this year. Look past his affable nature and underdog status and just look at it analytically. He's an extremely marginal talent.

Archived