Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles might not get Bentley

sableholic

Kearse hasn't been a bust. Just not a top 5 DE, like he was paid as. Get him some help on the line and he'll be a monster again.

I wasn't calling Kearse a bust, I liked his pick up by you guys at the time...I was refuting your point that you made about not paying people based on past production, and only based on future potential. I don't understand why you said that because obviously that is a false and pretty inane statement to make. That's like saying "hey let's go out and pick up Chad Pennington and pay him a ton of money...the guy is young and he has potential!" Sure he has potential...if you ignore the potentially career ending injuries he has.

WB, don't spoil the fun man.... let them run this into an 8 page thread on how stupid the Eagles FO is and how cheap they are. Big time fun around these parts man. And you know this.

BTW - Bentley will be an Eagles come Saturday at about 12:01am. That's my guess anyway.

I was posting this not because I thought the Eagles were cheap, but because I figured some of the Eagles fans would like to read it. My bad apparently. But if they don't get him and his contract is well within the Eagles expenses what will you say?

Seems like a certain left coast AFC team is looking at him too...

Chargers | Interested in Bentley?

Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:38:02 -0800

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the San Diego Chargers are believed to be interested in free agent C LeCharles Bentley (Saints), who could be moved to offensive guard.

Playing with that offense and LT could be tempting to any lineman.

Come on. You still overpay. Look at the contract Patten received last year!

Also, the Eagles gave Kearse the highest DE deal of all time. If they want someone, they will overpay.

So you admit they overpayed for a often injured DE?

You pay for future potential, not past performance...

This is where the Skins used to always get in trouble. I thought for sure they were done falling in this trap.

Now I see their two main targets are Archuletta and Bruce. Sigh.

... Kearse was all based on past performance, T.O., etc. At least half the FA moves, if not more, are based on past performance. If someone performed well and is still recently young chances are he still will continue that performance. Was Barber a future potential move? Teams in FA try and get someone who can help the team, by both ways. Not one or the other. Both are good strategies, but neither is guaranteed of course. We signed Rabach because of his past performance and we felt he would be a good fit. I don't see how you can say either one is better than the other. Both are done and can be equally effective.

I hear the Jaguars are seriously interested in Bentley. Maybe he would want to go to a team with a winning record...

The team is ONE YEAR removed from a winning record and the Super Bowl. That arguement holds no weight with me until they start having a streak of losing seasons. Come back to me when the Iggles finish next year 6-10.

And besides it's all about the Dolla, Dolla Billz Y'all. Maybe he will go to the Jaguars since Joe Banner will try and sign him to contract one dollar less than he's actually worth.

The team is ONE YEAR removed from a winning record and the Super Bowl. That arguement holds no weight with me until they start having a streak of losing seasons. Come back to me when the Iggles finish next year 6-10.

And besides it's all about the Dolla, Dolla Billz Y'all. Maybe he will go to the Jaguars since Joe Banner will try and sign him to contract one dollar less than he's actually worth.

There's lots of reasons why Jacksonville is attractive over Philly.

1) No state income tax - that is a HUGE deal

2) Low cost of living

3) Jags are a team on the rise, while the Eagles, um, aren't

4) Great weather down here, lousy weather up there

5) You don't have to live in Philly

2) Low cost of living

Ok.

:cheers:

Del, there is a difference between being respectful and just kissing anyone's ass who bashes the Eagles. :laugh:

No point in arguing with this guy. Look at his points. There's no changing his mind and frankly I'm not in the mood to argue or debate where LeCharles Bentley will go. If he thinks they'll go to the Jaguars because the sun shines a little more down there then good for him.

2) Low cost of living

Ok.

:cheers:

Del, there is a difference between being respectful and just kissing anyone's ass who bashes the Eagles. :laugh:

Sorry, but these three posts were hilarious. Anyways, some people here have very short-term memory I think. Prior to this year the Eagles dominated for four years making the Super Bowl 39. Jacksonville has what? One playoff berth since 2001? But sure its more attractive.

Sorry, but these three posts were hilarious. Anyways, some people here have very short-term memory I think. Prior to this year the Eagles dominated for four years making the Super Bowl 39. Jacksonville has what? One playoff berth since 2001? But sure its more attractive.

This is exactly what I'm saying. This guy is saying LeCharles Bentley wants go to somewhere because the weather is nicer? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Also the Jaguars are on the uprise? The Eagles just went to a Super Bowl and completely dominated the NFC prior. Now they may be on the downside but it's only been one ****ing year.

No point in arguing with this guy. Look at his points. There's no changing his mind and frankly I'm not in the mood to argue or debate where LeCharles Bentley will go. If he thinks they'll go to the Jaguars because the sun shines a little more down there then good for him.

Good attitude.

If the eagles signed Bentley would that signal a fundemental switch in the offense?

6'2" 313lbs. is a big boy and would be more of a run blocker and given that the eagles line is already a group of big boys; would Reid use that too his advantage and stop throwing the ball 75% of the time?

If the eagles signed Bentley would that signal a fundemental switch in the offense?

6'2" 313lbs. is a big boy and would be more of a run blocker and given that the eagles line is already a group of big boys; would Reid use that too his advantage and stop throwing the ball 75% of the time?

Hopefully. Eckel said on WIP a while back Andy wants to go back to the three headed monster that he had success with in the early 2000s. They are looking at Mike Anderson, too.

We'll see though. It's one thing for Andy to say it. It's another thing for him to do it.

Hopefully. Eckel said on WIP a while back Andy wants to go back to the three headed monster that he had success with in the early 2000s. They are looking at Mike Anderson, too.

We'll see though. It's one thing for Andy to say it. It's another thing for him to do it.

If Buckhalter(sp?) had any type of history staying healthy I'd be worried. But if you guys did pickup Anderson or god forbid got White in the draft that would bother me.

The line just seems like it would be best for a power running game especially with the ability to put Westbrook in the backfield with another back.

It seem stupid to me to not have a big banner in at the same time with westbrook and his recieving ability. The options the eagles would have would be overwhelming for a defense.

If Buckhalter(sp?) had any type of history staying healthy I'd be worried. But if you guys did pickup Anderson or god forbid got White in the draft that would bother me.

The line just seems like it would be best for a power running game especially with the ability to put Westbrook in the backfield with another back.

It seem stupid to me to not have a big banner in at the same time with westbrook and his recieving ability. The options the eagles would have would be overwhelming for a defense.

Buckhalter is probably gone. I don't think the Eagles will pick up White. They're going to draft for one of the lines.

If they sign Bentley it probably means they're ready to run the ball more.

Everything I hear is that Bentley is signed sealed and delivered. These Mawae rumors is so Bentley's agent doesn't get a big head. Supposedly, Bent wants the Eagles as much as they want him.

Supposedly, the Eagles and T.O. were a perfect match.

Supposedly, you only post when you are in the mood to troll.

Hmmm, I remember an ole' saying about glass houses.

Ever hear it?

Produce ONE, just ONE, member of this site who isnt an Eagles fan that will say I'm a troll.

I'll wait.

And thanks for playing.

haha not happening. our starting o-line was SOLID. and the top free agent isnt going to come to washington to be a 6th man on the o-line.

I wasn't implying that. I was saying you take Rabach out and keep him as a reserve. Now he's a reserve centre or guard. That's some decent depth to start with.

Hmmm, I remember an ole' saying about glass houses.

Ever hear it?

Produce ONE, just ONE, member of this site who isnt an Eagles fan that will say I'm a troll.

I'll wait.

And thanks for playing.

I got a new view of you watching you in action during a game thread on the Eagles board, when the Boys were beating the Eagles. Nothing since then has changed my mind that you act like a gleeful 13 year old baby....coming in and throwing out a trollish comment, then leaving just as quick.

Archived