Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles might not get Bentley

sableholic

I got a new view of you watching you in action during a game thread on the Eagles board, when the Boys were beating the Eagles. Nothing since then has changed my mind that you act like a gleeful 13 year old baby....coming in and throwing out a trollish comment, then leaving just as quick.

Newsflash WB.

I'm a member of this board and CowboysZone only.

I am NOT a member of any Eagles board or any other team board for that matter.

Could be another someone 86ing my SN on an Eagles board or just pretending to be me.

As anyone who knows me on this board, that is NOT me or my style.

I give it out, and take it just the same.

Check the profile of that individual and get back to me if you'd like.

I can assure you it aint me.

Bentley shouldn't even be a question mark if the Eagles were serious...can't they afford him? :laugh:

No, they look at the older guy because he might turn into a bargain...something the Eagles's FO can't resist...a cheap solution.

tr1, why do you spend so much time and effort, arguing things that haven't happened yet ? Prime example above.

Who says there IS a question mark about the Eagles getting Bentley ?

Who says they won't break the bank on him ? They did before for Runyan ?

Who says the "older guy", is their solution ?

Nobody but you. Just sit back and watch everything unfold this weekend. If Bentley isn't an Eagle by Monday, feel free to let me have it. Until then, your little anti-Eagle rants just sound like the same old tired stuff you've been spewing for a year.

BTW ~ if Barber can suit and play half well for even a good portion of the season, at a salary of $770K and a signing bonus of $25K, how the hell can you call that a bad move ?

GO TERPS !!

haha not happening. our starting o-line was SOLID. and the top free agent isnt going to come to washington to be a 6th man on the o-line.

obviously, the top free agent (bentley) would start and dockery would be the 6th man.

If Bentley isn't an Eagle by Monday, feel free to let me have it.

Ok...

BTW ~ if Barber can suit and play half well for even a good portion of the season, at a salary of $770K and a signing bonus of $25K, how the hell can you call that a bad move ?

That's a big 'if'.... You better hope he isn't the only LB you pickup...otherwise, it does look a bit foolish.

Ok...

That's a big 'if'.... You better hope he isn't the only LB you pickup...otherwise, it does look a bit foolish.

sure would... but I don't waste too much time speculating on "what ifs" and things that haven't happened yet.

But I could play that game too... What "if" Barber plays a full 16 games and looks as good as he did his other year with the Eagles D ?

How foolish would the move look to you then ?

See, it's all pure speculation on March 10th.. Waste of time IMO.

I think someone like Rabach is too good to be a reserve though :2cents:

The year before the Redskins signed him... he was a sub until the starter ahead of him got hurt. Then he filled in and did a good job and got a starting job with the Redskins.

However, Rabach's contract is peanuts. It's what you would pay for a good reserve or low-end starter.

I don't think it's going to happen... I think it would improve the Redskins though and it's feasible.

Back off, Die Hard. This is the last time I'm going to tell you. :soapbox:

If the Redskins want him... he's ours. You understand that right? :)

And considering how close to the vest Gibbs' keeps his cards... I'd be willing to be he doesn't sign a single player that has been speculated. The only story that has ever broke was the Jason Campbell pick. And I still have my doubts about that :)

Rest easy Eagle fans...your team didn't disappoint...

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/14071274.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

Eagles have cash for free-agent race

By Bob Brookover

Inquirer Staff Writer

The NFL's free-agent period started at 12:01 a.m. today.

Honest, it really did.

Proof is at the NovaCare Complex this morning in the form of a 313-pound man the Eagles would literally like to make the centerpiece of their offensive line.

If things go as planned, unrestricted free agent LeCharles Bentley will be holding up an Eagles jersey for a photo opportunity by the end of the weekend after signing a lucrative long-term deal with the team. He is likely to get a signing bonus between $10 million and $12 million.

The Eagles also have plans to sign quarterback Jeff Garcia as the backup for McNabb after watching Mike McMahon and Koy Detmer struggle in that role last year.

Beyond that, it remains to be seen what the Eagles will do in free agency in an attempt to rebound from a dismal 6-10 season.

He's the number 1 rated FA this year, by Pastabellys list. There will be a lot of competition for him...

Is the fact you made the playoffs erase any bad moves you made? If that's the case, why do you always criticise the Eagles FO when we went deep in the playoffs five years in a row.

Finally, why would Bentley say he was really really interested and get his future team in trouble for tampering. There have been lots of secondary sources reporting this, open your eyes.

Bump, to my pal WB.

Archived