Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shawn Barber Visits Eagles

Priapus

Shawn Barber Visits Eagles

Linebacker Shawn Barber visited the NovaCare Complex on Wednesday morning to meet with the Eagles for a workout and a physical.

The former Eagle spent the past three seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs before being released in a salary cap move on March 2.

As a Chief, the 6-2, 240-pound Barber recorded 183 tackles, two interceptions, six sacks, seven quarterback pressures, three fumble recoveries and 10 passes defensed. But the past two seasons have been shortened by injuries. Barber suffered a knee injury that prematurely ended his season in November 2004. He was activated from the Physically Unable to Perform list this past November and played in three games in 2005.

In 2002, his only season as an Eagle, Barber started all 18 regular season and playoff games at the WILL linebacker position. Barber recorded 119 tackles and a career-high three fumble recoveries to go along with a sack and a pair of interceptions.

Typical FO move. Sign a bargain basement, oft-injured player. They seem to love doing this with RBs and LBs. :doh:

Until I see how they address the linebacker position once FA officially starts, I'll hold off on judging this. If they sign him as the only LB addition, I'll be very disappointed.

Seems just like yesterday that Eagles fans were ready to tear down the front office for letting Barber go. Now, I see a lot of the same sentiment for bringing him back.

For my repsonse after a good vomit....I will attempt to let my good friends, the smileys do that which my mouth and heart are too upset to say for me....

:anon: :shot: and my most honest felling.... :3rdplace:

Oh and can't forget...

:soapbox:

I don't have a problem with this if they bring in another LB addition. Sign Barber to a reasonable offer, let him come in to camp and compete. See if he can stay healthy and let the starters shake out in off season competition. If nothing else, he'd be good for depth and knows the system.

Spads says he's going to be signed to fill the Ike Reese void. If this is true then I am ok with this signing.

Well, now that Andy's brown noser has spoken, then I guess I'm cool with the deal. That means something bigger is looming. If he's gonna play the Ike Reese role, then who could they be bringing in to play the Keith Adams/Dhani Jones roles?

If this is the end of the Eagles linebacker moves, that's a problem.

You better hope this is a prelude to other moves.

Spads said so.....he said that Witherspoon wasn't leaving Carolina, but when asked about Arrington, he gave a run around answer like, "Wonder where he signs...." Thats Eagles talk for something bigger is going to happen.

You realize that free agency, once it starts, doesn't take place for just 1 day, right ?

Well, if you're ready to spend some bucks, you don't sit around waiting for a guy to be taken. The Skins had two players on the phone at midnight last year...will the Eagles be that aggressive?

Well, if you're ready to spend some bucks, you don't sit around waiting for a guy to be taken. The Skins had two players on the phone at midnight last year...will the Eagles be that aggressive?

With Bentley all but signed last week, and with Barber IN TOWN RIGHT NOW.....I would say that the team is being aggressive.

:doh: ..... I wonder if sometimes you read what you type cuzzo, you have a knack for making silly things sound sillier than they really are.

FYI, just because you talk on the phone doesn't mean squat! You can talk to plenty of chicks on the party line, but does it mean you're going smut any of them?

first off, you KEEP acting like Free Agency has started already and the Eagles are doing nothing...

FREE AGENCY HAS NOT STARTED YET

Seriously tr1, open your mind a little. We know you hate the Eagles front office w/ just about every bone in your body. But you are smarter than this... don't let your hatred of the Eagles get in the way of every thread Eagles related b/c we could have some good discussions..

If the Eagles have a serious interest in Lavar, I'm sure they are working on some numbers and talking to the Postons. They won't get into a bidding war w/ the GMen for him I fairly sure.

But what if Witherspoon or Peterson is who they really have wanted all along.... well if that were the case, why throw money at Lavar, simply b/c he is there. Does that really make any sense to you ?

The Eagles, just like all teams, want to know what the market will be and who will be out there before committing $$ to somebody. And no, that's not cheap, that's smart.

c'mon man.. .even you can admit that. My bet is that on day one of FA, you will hear several new Eagles announced. All of whom I'm sure you'll hate and tell us all why they were bad moves. :silly:

There's supposed to be a press conference at 5:00 to announce his signing. The word is that it's a one year deal.

It's been common place since Reid got here that they always have the player meet with the media. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was signed.

I hear ya Dockery.... but hey, people thought the same thing in his first stint in Philly.. coming off a bad injury here for you all... and he was a monster for the Eagles... but yes, I'll be praying his knees hold up every game. Ugh.

As a depth signing, I have no problem with it. If it's how they are addressing the LB position, well....

Hey Dockery.. you ever visit Concrete Field message boards by any chance ?

Archived