Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar's fit in the Cowboys 3-4

Ryman of the North

"His signature play is ending Aikman’s career in a game WE LOST"

errrr...the Skins have been remarkably adept at losing to Dallas with or without LA. somehow, no super-hero could insulate this team from it's own ineptitude lo those many years. your whole argument is predicated on the notion that he will perform anyplace else exactly as he did here. just as many folks thought the same about an injured Trotter once we showed him the exit door. then again.....you could be wrong! maybe a Jimmy Johnson, a Kiffin, a Parcells, or a Lovie Smith could figure out an alternate path. you know...there can be more than one solution to a multivariate problem. nothing is etched in stone.

I find it exceptionally hard to believe that Parcells said that about Arrington.

..... Parcells strike you as the type of player who will allow someone to freelance and just live with the blown assignments?

..... Worst destinations? Any of the Tampa-2 defenses where he will have to drop into coverage a lot like Indy, Chicago, and now Detroit.

bravo :applause:

I find it exceptionally hard to believe that Parcells said that about Arrington. What you are paraphrasing is basically a shot at our staff and that’s something BP would never, ever do.

Well....I've been searching for 20 minutes, and I can't find the quote. I'm going to keep searching, however, as I'm 100% positive Parcells was quoted as saying that; I believe it was in one of the articles about Lavar being unhappy.

Nobody else remembers that quote??? In fact, I remember a lot of people had the same response as you after the article came out -- no way Parcells would say something like that.

Thanks Jrockster, Even LT was not LT until properly used in the NFL.

You obviously don't remember LT's rookie year then. He was a beast and dominant the second he stepped foot on an NFL playing field. He obviously got better with experience but he was friggin good from the get-go.

errrr...the Skins have been remarkably adept at losing to Dallas with or without LA. somehow, no super-hero could insulate this team from it's own ineptitude lo those many years. your whole argument is predicated on the notion that he will perform anyplace else exactly as he did here. just as many folks thought the same about an injured Trotter once we showed him the exit door. then again.....you could be wrong! maybe a Jimmy Johnson, a Kiffin, a Parcells, or a Lovie Smith could figure out an alternate path. you know...there can be more than one solution to a multivariate problem. nothing is etched in stone.

http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol5no24arrington.html

You might want to read that, hombre. He's had the same hard head for 6 years. Could the light finally go on somewhere else? One never knows for sure. Would you personally invest millions in a player like this knowing his history? Would you bank that the problem was Washington and not LA himself?

I don't care where Lavar goes.

I said it before I'll say it AGAIN.

I can't wait to play against Lavar, if we ever do, and burn his ass with a play action or a screen play.

I mean how many times did opposing offenses burn us, in particular Lavar, with that same play?

Bring his drama queen ass on.

I love all these posts on "burning LA's arse". aside from the fact that they reveal some perhaps unsavory preferences on the part of the poster....they suggest a single-minded focus on one player rather than a whole team. not the best way to win a game.

Archived