Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Your life was taken today.......

Coach Williams

Understandable - but it is his thread and he is a biblethumper. :silly:

Maybe you should have just said - "Well if I die (though i don't believe it will be by the hand of God)..."

Yeah, but my response is not visible on the main page by the many Tailgate viewers who will read it.

It was an unesecessary addition to the thread title...

KB -- why did you include it in the thread title? And be honest.

I like discussions about religion, so naturally my name would come up in a bunch of threads. Oh, and you need to review the definition of alienate:

al·ien·ate Audio pronunciation of "alienate" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ly-nt, l--)

tr.v. al·ien·at·ed, al·ien·at·ing, al·ien·ates

1. To cause to become unfriendly or hostile; estrange: alienate a friend; alienate potential supporters by taking extreme positions. See Synonyms at estrange.

2. To cause to become withdrawn or unresponsive; isolate or dissociate emotionally: The numbing labor tended to alienate workers.

3. To cause to be transferred; turn away: “He succeeded... in alienating the affections of my only ward” (Oscar Wilde).

4. Law. To transfer (property or a right) to the ownership of another, especially by an act of the owner rather than by inheritance.

To alienate someone is not to keep them out of the thread.

I suppose #3 is closer to the context I used....."turn away"

either way In your terms....you didn't have to click if you were going to be "unfriendly or hostile; estrange"

Gotta agree with Major here. JRock, you and i get along and all - but you probably could've just not responded, or just responded with a slightly sarcastic remark. Which is worse starting a questionable thread or going into said thread and picking a fight?

In fact...I believe it was KB who was trying to start the fight with the thread title. He HAD to have expected this type of response. Hell, he might have even expected it from me.

This forum is intended for all people to participate in, not just religious zealots. If you want to only obtain particular responses, go post on biblethumper.com or something like that.

In fact...I believe it was KB who was trying to start the fight with the thread title. He HAD to have expected this type of response. Hell, he might have even expected it from me.

naa.....If I wanted argue with you I woulda PM'd ya......

Expect this response/......maybe not from you specifically but I expected 2 or 3 random posts......but like I said not from you....

If God took my life today.....

If i'm thinking here and now.. i'd be upset because it have to be with some type of freak accident. I'd rather die a martyr than die any other way.

But since i'd be in heaven... I would not be sad... it will be the best time of my life.

peace

Ummm....is biblethumper considered an insult? If so...I take it back. Some people promote the bible over and over and over and over...

:laugh: You answered your own question! :laugh:

dude, you know damn well bible thumper is a derogatory term.

and i didn't answer my own question any more than you answered my question. if what you're implying is that he's alienating the members that aren't interested in his thread, then we're ALL guilty of that. no one has ever started a thread that EVERYONE is interested in.

This forum is intended for all people to participate in, not just religious zealots. If you want to only obtain particular responses, go post on biblethumper.com or something like that.

dude, you're off base. everyone has called you on it, and now you're reaching.

this forum is intended for all to participate, but each thread isn't necessarily for that. very few of the members here actually participate in every thread.....

and just because someone believes in god does not make them a zealot or a biblethumper. again, namecalling is something you should be above.

did you spend this much time questioning the intent of the agnostic/ atheist thread?

Archived