Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Count Adam Schefter among the 'skins media hataz

Byner21

I'm just not that impressed with the guy so far. He has what the NFL Network wants to project, a young sharp-looking guy that projects a lot of confidence and thus seems to know what he's talking about...versus the Mike Mayock type.

He has consistently battered the 'skins as the team most in trouble with regards to the salary cap, always finding a way to hammer them, when other teams are further over and have proven to be in worse shape (big cuts already made around the league).

Then he goes on to prop up the Cardinals, 49ers, and the other crappy teams that round out the top 5 teams under the cap, saying their guys have done a great job in leaving this much space to play with. Helloooo! Their salary cap "experts" probably sit back all day, while their teams put up crappy seasons.

Our guys, on the other hand, are constantly pushing the envelope and making things work...and who have we had to cut in recent years? Jeremiah Trotter. That's about it. So at least the 'skins have been TRYING to win, working diligently within the constraints of the cap. And finally, their work is paying off.

Mediots! Mediots! Use your head!

All his points are valid as nobody knows what we can do with our cap(cause we are geniuses and they couldn't imagine the stuff we could create out of thin air) but he did say yesterday that with all our restructuring, we would not have to cut as many players as most around the league has thought. He's no Mortimer or Spittle Boy but he is way above the beat writers.

All his points are valid as nobody knows what we can do with our cap(cause we are geniuses and they couldn't imagine the stuff we could create out of thin air) but he did say yesterday that with all our restructuring, we would not have to cut as many players as most around the league has thought. He's no Mortimer or Spittle Boy but he is way above the beat writers.

True, we are venturing into the unknown somewhat. But how can he say the other teams "have done a great job"...blah blah blah...it's short-sighted.

It's "IN" to point out that the Redskins are over the current cap. You don't hear that the Raiders, Chiefs and others are in a worse condition. I'd just say that he just follows along w/ the rest of the media. Remember we are also the biggest revenue team, which means a lot of fans. That translates into talk about them and stir the pot...you got a story because so many tune in to the 'Skins.

I rememeber the piece he did in Hawaii (owners meeting) where he was out on a boat and almost touched a whale. He was going crazy w/ his report and couldn't believe that he was so close to a whale. Maybe he should stick reporting on whales instead of the NFL! ;)

He throws in a lot of opinions not based on facts. I wish the NFL Network would hire Chris Mortensen.

Yeah Chris Mortensen is always factual:

Spurrier left the Redskins for the Miami Dolphins

Bill Parcells retired

Bill Parcells went to Detroit

etc ....

These guys all guess and if you throw enough darts at the board, you will hit your target on occasion. Mort and Shefter will be on top of the league developments because these negotiations are taking place publicly and both sides want the media to use direct quotes to send messages to the other side. Most of their conjecture regarding team decisions and movement are usually as accurate as the local weather person

Good post Byner...

I've felt the same way about Schefter. It seems he is just another lemming with the rest of the crowd. I heard him start to re-tract his words this morning on Total Access. At least he admitted (slightly) to be wrong in the fact that we'd have to cut 15-20 players. He even gave us a little credit, saying we were re-structuring.

Otherwise, I hear him speculating with rediculous rumors too often.

All of them are clowns with the exception of John Clayton. IMO he doesn't 'get personal' as with other reporters. He's kinda bland when reporting but that works because it doesn't show a bias. I may be wrong in thinking that but that's my perception.

It all just proves that if you want to know the truth about the Washington Redskins you have to look not further than the platforms that the team itself provides you. Come to this site and navigate your way around the knee jerk threads and you shall find the truth. If it isn't here then check out

www.redskins.com

This teams cares 200% more about its fan base than any other in sports. They tell us what we need to know when we need to know it.

Yeah Chris Mortensen is always factual:

Spurrier left the Redskins for the Miami Dolphins

Bill Parcells retired

Bill Parcells went to Detroit

etc ....

These guys all guess and if you throw enough darts at the board, you will hit your target on occasion. Mort and Shefter will be on top of the league developments because these negotiations are taking place publicly and both sides want the media to use direct quotes to send messages to the other side. Most of their conjecture regarding team decisions and movement are usually as accurate as the local weather person

I just like Mort...he does not come across as arrogant.

I rememeber the piece he did in Hawaii (owners meeting) where he was out on a boat and almost touched a whale. He was going crazy w/ his report and couldn't believe that he was so close to a whale. Maybe he should stick reporting on whales instead of the NFL!

That was no whale - That was Andy Reid!

All of them are clowns with the exception of John Clayton. IMO he doesn't 'get personal' as with other reporters. He's kinda bland when reporting but that works because it doesn't show a bias. I may be wrong in thinking that but that's my perception.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- John Clayton is the Peter Gammons of the NFL. To me, it isn't true until I hear JC say it. Even if he does look like Mr. Mackey. :laugh:

It all just proves that if you want to know the truth about the Washington Redskins you have to look not further than the platforms that the team itself provides you. Come to this site and navigate your way around the knee jerk threads and you shall find the truth. If it isn't here then check out

www.redskins.com

This teams cares 200% more about its fan base than any other in sports. They tell us what we need to know when we need to know it.

Yes, let them all bite the bait that we'll go after T.O. when we all know here that JG never would.

I liked Schefter up until this week when he started talking about players we were going to get rid of. He said we would get rid of John Hall, Cory Raymer, Renaldo Wynn, Walt Harris and about four others. He was making it seem like we were cutting Marcus Washington or Clinton Portis. I'm thinking doesn't he realize none of the people he just named had a significant impact on our winning besided maybe renaldo wynn because he started the whole season. But even he didn't do much when he was in the game. Most of the people in the media give the impression they don't like the skins because of Snyder. Who actually thought we would win 10 games, or beat the bucs in the playoffs? Not many people in the media, but what can we do about it?

agreed.

I'm just not that impressed with the guy so far. He has what the NFL Network wants to project, a young sharp-looking guy that projects a lot of confidence and thus seems to know what he's talking about...versus the Mike Mayock type.

He has consistently battered the 'skins as the team most in trouble with regards to the salary cap, always finding a way to hammer them, when other teams are further over and have proven to be in worse shape (big cuts already made around the league).

Then he goes on to prop up the Cardinals, 49ers, and the other crappy teams that round out the top 5 teams under the cap, saying their guys have done a great job in leaving this much space to play with. Helloooo! Their salary cap "experts" probably sit back all day, while their teams put up crappy seasons.

Our guys, on the other hand, are constantly pushing the envelope and making things work...and who have we had to cut in recent years? Jeremiah Trotter. That's about it. So at least the 'skins have been TRYING to win, working diligently within the constraints of the cap. And finally, their work is paying off.

Mediots! Mediots! Use your head!

Byner21 thanks for the incite, but I thought he worked for the Redskins Director of Administration). Yeah but good points we've been maximizing all opportunities of being the best we can be as where with Philly for example they're 14m under...good for them but there margin of error (depth) at any position sucks. Sure hope McNabb doesn't go down early, or Westbrook.

I disagree. Schefter has been consistently more correct about more things over the past season than all of the ESPN boys. He even is willing to apologize when he's incorrect, or at least correct the record - on NFL Total Access last night, he did so in regards to the Redskins, saying that he was stunned at how successful the FO had been at getting these restructured deals done, and that we were now unlikely to lose any big name starters.

I disagree. Schefter has been consistently more correct about more things over the past season than all of the ESPN boys. He even is willing to apologize when he's incorrect, or at least correct the record - on NFL Total Access last night, he did so in regards to the Redskins, saying that he was stunned at how successful the FO had been at getting these restructured deals done, and that we were now unlikely to lose any big name starters.

I didn't see his interview last night...I'll look for it. Maybe he's not so bad after all. :) I'll respect a guy that admits previous mistakes.

The media are all talking heads. They don't do any research it seems, they just spit back the same BS they hear from their buddies. I don't like any of them, especially Schefter. Chris Collinsworth and the rest of the Costas crew are right up there on the hate-o-meter too. I do like our guy Tony Kornheiser however, just cuz he's usually optimistic about the Skins, and no one else is. I am glad he will be doing monday night, as he could use some more exposure. He was one of the very, very few media folk who stated the redskins would win 5 in a row and make the playoffs before the skins started winning those last five games.

Mark Brunell for president, 2008!:dallasuck

Archived