Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philadephia Inquirer reporting Eagles will sign LeCharles Bentley...

wilbur58z

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/breaking_news/14004579.htm

The Eagles will have to wait a few more days, but it appears as if their first big free-agent signing of the off-season is going to be LeCharles Bentley, the Pro Bowl center from the New Orleans Saints.

According to a source close to the center, Bentley's interest in joining the Eagles is so strong that only the delay in the free-agency period prevented the move from happening today.

Bentley is a very good center. It's a good first step to revamping the line. IF they can add Hutchinson and Bentley, to go along with Andrews, Thomas, and Herramans/Hicks, I think they should have one of the best OLines in football, but it won't be useful unless they decide they want to run the ball.

BTW Bentley is NASTY. Here's a quote from a couple years ago:

"When you take a man, a grown man, and you put your hands in the middle of his chest and bend him back to a point where you hear him scream, when he starts screaming like a little girl, you put his head in the dirt. And then you look up and you see Deuce, all you can see is McAllister 26 stiff arming somebody 20 yards down the field breaking a 40 yard run and scoring. Then you get up and just look at (the blocked defender), and you know damn well when he gets to the sideline, he's getting cussed out. And you know his mama, his wife and his kids were watching him on that play and you just manhandled him. That's the best feeling."

Bentley is a very good center, but is an even better RG. The eagles would be smart to move him to his more natural position if possible. Either way great signing for them though...

Yes. Jamal Jackson looked OK at center.

Is a better run blocker or pass blocker?

Good at both, but better at run blocking. He is a road-grader...

Kind of my point. The Eagles will need him more for pass protection.

If the Eagles assemble a good run blocking line, eg Andrews, Bentley, Jackson, and don't use them for running, Reid is a class A moron.

pack101005.l.jpg

Thomas

Hicks

Bentley

Andrews

Herremens

Shoot, Mahe could run for 1500 behind that line!

That is a pretty good line there. When Bentley does in fact sign on Monday, do you think that it marks a shift in offensive play calling now? I mean, with Reid acknowledging that he has to run more combined with the fact that he does have two talented RBs now, could they become, dare I say, a "finesse running team"?

That is a pretty good line there. When Bentley does in fact sign on Monday, do you think that it marks a shift in offensive play calling now? I mean, with Reid acknowledging that he has to run more combined with the fact that he does have two talented RBs now, could they become, dare I say, a "finesse running team"?

I'll believe it when I see it. Seriously.

I bet Jackson would be a better G than Hicks.

Jackson can't stay healthy though. Hicks would be the weak link of that line.

I wonder if Andy has a ridiculous master plan of adding someone like Lendale White with pick 14 behind this crazy run blocking line.

Hmmmm.

Jackson can't stay healthy though. Hicks would be the weak link of that line.

I wonder if Andy has a ridiculous master plan of adding someone like Lendale White with pick 14 behind this crazy run blocking line.

Hmmmm.

I would be shocked.

But it would improve the team without a doubt.

White at 14 would be a hell of a pick, but considering the fact that they already have Moats and Westbrook, there wouldn't be enough pigskin to go around.....then again, I thought the same way about the 3 headed monster......and look at the success that was!

I don't want White. I think you can get a Mike Anderson and not have to give up the high draft pick.

I want only two players at 14. Vernon Davis or Broderick Bunkley. Period.

You and Vernon Davis.....lol

Mark my words bro.......CHAD GREENWAY!

Archived