Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where did all this faith in Dan Synder come from?

Winslowalrob

Snyder has rocked as an owner since he arrived. He has been aggressive in trying to build a winner. This backfired early as he learned his way, but who among us didn't have visions of sugar plums dancing in our heads when he spent all his money bringing in big name players? His ownership is easily defined. Made mistakes early, learned and moved on. He has not made the same mistakes twice. He has managed the cap masterfully. How many years now have we been doomed by the media to cap hell. Even if the CBA doesn't get extended, it sounds like a plan is in place to limit the damage. Snyder is a great owner and if he owns the team for 30+ years as JKC did, he will be remembered as such.

He hired Joe Gibbs. That single move, no matter how bad the franchise could do (please don't read this as if I'm saying they're going to do bad), makes more than half the people on this board act as if he immaculately impregnanted a virgin.

I am not going to crucify you for making this comment as you are only 18 and have only seen highlights of his SuperBowl wins.

The reason why people act in this manner is because Joe Gibbs is the TRUTH and it is proven. This man has an uncanny way of scouting talent and getting a team together that would otherwise be a disaster under another coach.

Dan Snyder is quite possibly the best owner in the league because he is a fan. I have NEVER said anything about him nor will I ever. Although I may not agree with his first acquisitions and choice of personnel at least he tried and mad his product marketable.

Dan has learned from his mistakes that is what makes him such a good owner, he runs the business side of the skins and gibbs runs the football side of the game, I also believe that he asks gibbs who he needs rather than gibbs telling him, Dan is the man, the skins are a lot better off with him than without, he makes some owners look like tailer trash.

ALL THE GOOD STUFF HAS HAPPENED SINCE DAN TOOK OVER THE OWNERSHIP

Sure you do. Especially when you don't realize how spoiled rotten we are. We could be forever in NFL purgatory with owners like Bidwell who won't spend a dime, or Modell who will up and steal our beloved franchise in the middle of the night.

For all of Snyder's past mistakes, he learns from them and doesn't make the same mistake twice. He is doing everything under the sun he possibly can to rebuild the Redskins glory and storied tradition. He brought back COACH JOE JACKSON GIBBS and he bows to every whim of the Hall of Fame Coach.

And your problem is what exactly?

Amen! Snyder has always worked his butt off to return this team to glory. He hired good coaches, and he only got crazy with the FA's at the begining, becoming more and more fiscally conservative each year. Snyder has proven his love for the team and fans and players. He gives more to the players than any other owner. period. He may have been feeling things out at first, but he has come into his own over the past couple years, and even admitted his wrong doings by conceding certain controls to Gibbs. I will never question Snyders desire to win, just as I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever question Gibbs ability to win. Ever.

Brunell for president in 2008!:eaglesuck

I am not going to crucify you for making this comment as you are only 18 and have only seen highlights of his SuperBowl wins.

The reason why people act in this manner is because Joe Gibbs is the TRUTH and it is proven. This man has an uncanny way of scouting talent and getting a team together that would otherwise be a disaster under another coach.

Dan Snyder is quite possibly the best owner in the league because he is a fan. I have NEVER said anything about him nor will I ever. Although I may not agree with his first acquisitions and choice of personnel at least he tried and mad his product marketable.

I'm not doubting Gibbs, I'm saying that the people on this board act as if Gibbs, and anyone around him, can do no wrong.

<insert obligatory 50 Gibbs can't do wrong posts below>

The faith in Snyder comes from the only place that matters. Our shared reality.

Snyder has been an exceptional owner because smart people understand his role as an owner is to bring the best people possible to the organization, give them the space they need to do what they think will work, and provide the organization facilities others can't match.

No owner, Snyder or otherwise, is graded on wins and losses. No owner, Snyder or otherwise, has a win-loss record. Head coaches do. Coaches are graded on that. They are graded harshly on that if they tell their owner they need certain things to succeed, they are given those things, and they fail.

Snyder does what owners are supposed to do. He provides the finances to be successful. He hires coaches who are uniformly deemed to be high class. He provides the financial resources necessary to avoid any serious cap consequences other teams so routinely run into.

From a faith standpoint, we only have a reason to have faith given all Snyder has proven he does well as an owner.

I'll make it VERY simple for ya ..

Two Owners:

Bill Bidwill -- Arizona Cardinals

Dan Snyder -- Washington Redskins

Which owner would YOU rather have? A perennial cheapskate/NFL bottom-dweller, or an Owner/Fan who will spend whatever it takes to field a winning team year after year, and who hires a beloved Hall of Fame Coach and the best supporting staff in League history? The Skins are just getting underway of another run, just like the 80s. Dan's wallet is paving the way!

Yeah. I thought so!

I'm not doubting Gibbs, I'm saying that the people on this board act as if Gibbs, and anyone around him, can do no wrong.

<insert obligatory 50 Gibbs can't do wrong posts below>

Go ahead an tell me 1 move that Gibbs has made that had a negative effect on this team and if you are gonna say keep Brunell starting in 04 is not a good reason because even with PR at the helm they were mediocre at best.

You can't say retire either.

Archived