Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bugel quote on Dockery....

wilbur58z

Best thing about dock is he survived Spurrier

One of the worst things Spurrier did was bring unqualified assistants with him. All the offensive lineman really suffered from inferior position coaching and developed bad habits or never learned good ones. Bugel literally had to come in and retrain the veterans. Guys who had done well under Norv and Marty really went down hill under Spurrier.

Dockery had a monster year this year. As far as all the comments about him being the weak link, tell me, where did the sacks/pressure come from this year? I seem to remember a lot of pressure off the edge, not a whole lot up the middle. Simeon Rice had great games against us, McFarland and Hovan didn't do much. Samuels, with his contract and expectations, HAS GOT to be able to handle a DE one on one. He's making Pace/Jones money and you sure as hell don't ever see them getting help. Samuels had a good year but he had lapses where he was dominated (Osi in the first G-men game, Jared Allen of the Chiefs, Simeon owned him twice). If Samuels is the franchise tackle he's supposed to be (and he's paid like he is) then we need to be able to go into every week saying Chris has the left side on lock, leave him on island, nothing to worry about. That wasn't the case this year. Samuels struggles with speed rushers and Jansen's thumb injuries were the weak link in pass pro this year. Everybody played well in the run game.

I think we need to keep the offensive line together. The more they play together, the better they'll be as a unit. Just because there's a more talented player out there, doesn't mean the whole group will perform better together.

That said, anyone heard anything about Randy's recovery?

I think we need to keep the offensive line together. The more they play together, the better they'll be as a unit. Just because there's a more talented player out there, doesn't mean the whole group will perform better together.

That said, anyone heard anything about Randy's recovery?

Haven't heard anything but it was a simple clean fracture, nothing major. Typical recovery time of 6-8 weeks for a broken bone. He'll be 100% for camp if not the start of workouts.

Our offensive line can't be too weak, being that Portis rushed for over 1500 yards. That's more than any Redskin back in the history of the franchise, including the hogs. :D

People who keep criticizing Samuels and Dockery, don't know what they are talking about. :doh:

Run blocking was fantastic, pass blocking was shakey though. That is what the seperates the hogs from the dirtbags. Gibb's running attack and Bugel's coaching ability can make most offensive lines great on the run but chemistry is needed to protect against the pass. I think this upcoming season is where you will see the most out of that O line.

We still need depth in this area, bigtime. Raymer (who sucked) will be let go, Friedman (well, I don't know enough about this guy) are the only vet backups I know of now.

It all starts on the line. After DE and maybe TE, this is where I'd like to see us spend our draft currency.

Our offensive line can't be too weak, being that Portis rushed for over 1500 yards. That's more than any Redskin back in the history of the franchise, including the hogs. :D

Isn't the season longer now than it was when the Hogs were playing? How many rushing TDs did the Skins have when the Hogs were playing as the Offensive Line? 3X as many?

Isn't the season longer now than it was when the Hogs were playing? How many rushing TDs did the Skins have when the Hogs were playing as the Offensive Line? 3X as many?

No, the season went to 16 games in 1978. The Hogs were around under Gibbs and Bugel starting in 1981.

Portis did have 11 TDs. That's not too bad.

I believe Dockery is the weak link in our Oline... However, I want to keep him as a REDSKIN!!! Our Oline is pretty solid, Dockery would look better on other lines...

He's been healthy and improved every game, we need Dockery on our line.

i dont think we have a weak link on our o-line. with thomas healthy we've got a top five o-line in the league IMO

Archived