Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hutchinson top Eagles priority

Westbrook36

Who said the line won't be improved by adding Hutch?

I'm saying Hutchinson isn't coming because Seattle doesn't want him to leave.

You can get away with Hicks and Clarke at G. It's tackle thats a problem.

Realize that by adding Hutchinson, you make the line better, it just makes the problems at tackle less noticable

True, but Herm played well last year and at his size, I believe that the Eagles drafted a vitual Runyan clone with an even meaner streak and with better foot work. While Runyan would simply over pwer guys, he had trouble with the likes of Strahan. Herms showed especially in his first start against KGB, that he can handle his own......therefore, our confindence in the young man is warranted.

The reason that the Eagles got away with the "poison pill" contract for Kearse had more to do with the Titans cap situation than anything. The Seahawks have much more leeway than the Titans did and even more than the Eagles so I don't think they're quite afraid of how the eagles will structure a contract.

Bingo. It makes it so much easier to outbid someone when you actually have more money than they do.

Titans. Poor ****s. People have been picking off their cap casualties for years now. Seriously, will they ever get out of cap hell?

Bingo. It makes it so much easier to outbid someone when you actually have more money than they do.

Titans. Poor ****s. People have been picking off their cap casualties for years now. Seriously, will they ever get out of cap hell?

Well, once the new cap numbers come out showing applied LBTE incentives and with TO off the books, you'll see the Eagles have more cap room and no FAs to sign from our team.

If the Eagles want to sign Hutch, they have the money to pull it off.

Good luck.

Well, once the new cap numbers come out showing applied LBTE incentives and with TO off the books, you'll see the Eagles have more cap room and no FAs to sign from our team.

If the Eagles want to sign Hutch, they have the money to pull it off.

Good luck.

God bless you Eagles fan but you sound like the whole crop on the Eagles board. T.O. coming off the books will save you ~$4 million. Why is it that Eagles fans think they're the only ones with trash to dump? The Seahawks are set to dump Jamie Sharper and save ~$3 million. That puts us somewhere around $24 million and you somewhere around $20 million.

Then there's the whole deal about how we have to sign a million free agents when there are only three that anybody cares about or that would command any money - Rocky Bernard, Shaun Alexander, and Steve Hutchinson. The Seahawks are not going to give Shaun top dollar, especially in a buyers market. Anybody who thinks the Seahawks are married to him would be wise to remember how they ran him up the flagpole for a second rounder last year. And Rocky Bernard is a rotational DT that has had one good year. Ken Lucas had one good year and asked the Seahawks for top dollar in free agency. If you listened closely, you could hear our GM laughing at him in the NFC CG as our backup QB burned him deep... as a receiver. Enjoy the suckers who overpaid you in Carolina, Kenny boy.

Tim Ruskell (our GM) has a history of jettisoning overpaid talent and bringing in high character role players like Joe Jurevicius and Chartric Darby. If Bernard wants big cash, he'll get it... just not in Seattle. Ruskell will find his new "diamond in the rough" and we'll move on. There are more RBs in the draft and free agency than there are teams that need them and there are plenty of "Rocky Bernard" type DTs in the draft. But Steve Hutchinson and LeCharles Bentley blow away any guards coming out of college this year and the Seahawks have one of them locked up. No way they let him get away. Methinks Eagle fans are overselling their ability to put together a poision pill contract against a cap healthy Seahawk team. You've got us confused with the Titans. ;)

I like your rationale. Good post.

I guess we'll see what happens. The thing I'm saying is if the Eagles offer comes on day one, and Seattle has 7 days or whatever to match.....they'll have to make the decision right there to let SA and Bernard go if they want Hutch.

It will be interesting to see if they let the NFL MVP go without any compensation.

Hutchinson would be such a waste as an Eagle. He's a dominanant run blocker, although still a very good pass blocker, going to a a passing/finesse team. He would only utilize 50% of his talents. I think Seattle will match to keep him though.

Westbrook36, what are your thoughts on taking McNeil in round 1 if he is available?

Well, he will be available. Last month, I was seriously considering him but now I'm thinking 14 is way too high for him.

Also, this MIGHT BE THE BEST DRAFT OF ALL TIME. Honestly, I don't want to go through a long post as to why, but trust me, the collection of talent in this draft is superior than the last 10 drafts.

This is a great year to have bombed at 6-10. Alex Smith, who went number 1 last year would not have been drafted in the first round this year as he would have been the fourth QB on every team's chart.

We have the chance to add a normal top 5 talent at 14, which is very rare. My top draft targets are Broderick Bunkley and Vernon Davis. Davis probably doesn't make it to 14 but everytime a player moves up, another top talent falls down. Who is it going to be? NGata? Huff? So many possibilities.

Honestly, people a month ago laughed at me when I started touting Bunkley on the EMB. Now, it looks like he might not be available at 14. You basically have Corey Simons frame and quickness (when he was a rookie) with a guy who is much stronger and actually was a better performer as a senior. Non-stop motor as well.

God, put him with Patterson and along with Kearse, you have the makings of a DOMINANT DL for a long time.

Prisco says the Eagles are high on BOTH Hutch and Bentley...

I think they will address the offensive line in free agency. I've heard they are real high on LeCharles Bentley and Steve Hutchinson. Both of those guys are premier offensive linemen. Bentley is a tough guy who won't back down from anyone. Some of his battles against the best guys in the league are legendary and he knocked out a guy in college. Hutchinson, who went to my high school, may be the best offensive lineman available. The only problem with him is he has a transition tag, so the Seahawks can match any offer."

Well, he will be available. Last month, I was seriously considering him but now I'm thinking 14 is way too high for him.

Also, this MIGHT BE THE BEST DRAFT OF ALL TIME. Honestly, I don't want to go through a long post as to why, but trust me, the collection of talent in this draft is superior than the last 10 drafts.

This is a great year to have bombed at 6-10. Alex Smith, who went number 1 last year would not have been drafted in the first round this year as he would have been the fourth QB on every team's chart.

We have the chance to add a normal top 5 talent at 14, which is very rare. My top draft targets are Broderick Bunkley and Vernon Davis. Davis probably doesn't make it to 14 but everytime a player moves up, another top talent falls down. Who is it going to be? NGata? Huff? So many possibilities.

Honestly, people a month ago laughed at me when I started touting Bunkley on the EMB. Now, it looks like he might not be available at 14. You basically have Corey Simons frame and quickness (when he was a rookie) with a guy who is much stronger and actually was a better performer as a senior. Non-stop motor as well.

God, put him with Patterson and along with Kearse, you have the makings of a DOMINANT DL for a long time.

Yeah Bunkley is an absolute stud. I would love to have him and Patterson on the inside.:cheers: But do you think he'll still be on the board? If he isn't we need to go with the man in my sig.:) (too bad there's a good chance he won't be there :( )

Yeah Bunkley is an absolute stud. I would love to have him and Patterson on the inside.:cheers: But do you think he'll still be on the board? If he isn't we need to go with the man in my sig.:) (too bad there's a good chance he won't be there :( )

Sorry, I don't want Greenway. Come on, 17 reps with 225? I'm like 190 lbs and I cant bust out 12 or 13.

Also, he doesn't have elite lower body strength. Finally, he plays the same position as McCoy. What about the Eagles FO tells you they will give up on a player who didn't play last year for another high draft pick?

Sorry, I don't want Greenway. Come on, 17 reps with 225? I'm like 190 lbs and I cant bust out 12 or 13.

Also, he doesn't have elite lower body strength. Finally, he plays the same position as McCoy. What about the Eagles FO tells you they will give up on a player who didn't play last year for another high draft pick?

True, but the dude has a nose for the ball; and that is what I like to see. As for McCoy, sure he hasn't had a chance to prove anything, but I just have a feeling that he isn't the answer. I say we take Greenway if he falls.

I think you're being kind. Fourth at best. Alex Smith has bust written all over him and I couldn't be happier. Just think: If the 49ers had bombed last year instead of the year before, my boys would be gettin' torched by Reggie Bush two games every year. Now he'll be in the AFC.

God bless those Texans.

I guess we'll see what happens. The thing I'm saying is if the Eagles offer comes on day one, and Seattle has 7 days or whatever to match.....they'll have to make the decision right there to let SA and Bernard go if they want Hutch.

It will be interesting to see if they let the NFL MVP go without any compensation.

While we would like to see Shaun Alexander stay in Seattle, there's no question that Hutch is the more important player to keep. It might be possible to replace his talent, but there is no way to replace his experience on our line and the chemistry that exists there. That would all have to be re-developed by whoever were to step in and replace him. As it is, Hutch and Jones can communicate with a glance or a point -- that can't be replaced. And Seattle will pay what is necessary to keep it.

That line as it is composed right now is a large part of the reason Shaun Alexander had his success. If SA thinks it's all due to him, he is seriously mistaken, the proof will be if he goes to another team with a crappy line and gets 900 yards next season (in which case I would laugh my ass off). Personally, I think SA is a back who could be a Walter Payton / Emmit Smith type of long-term performer... in the right system, behind the right line. Seattle has that system and that line. SA is 29 and has relatively fresh knees and legs -- because of that line. So we'll see what's really important to Shaun, but Hutch is what's really important to the Seahawks.

Archived