Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Johnnie Morton

Warhead36

One Redskin to have dinner with...  

181 members have voted

1. 1. One Redskin to have dinner with...

• Mark Brunell
    • Clinton Portis
    • Santana Moss
    • Chris Cooley
    • Chris Samuels
    • Jon Jansen
    • Phillip Daniels
    • Marcus Washington
    • Shawn Springs
    • Sean Taylor
    • Carlos Rogers
    • Ryan Clark
    • Ethan Albright
    • Derrick Frost
    • Patrick Ramsey
    • Jason Campbell
    • David Patten
    • James Thrash
    • Demetrius Patterson
    • Renaldo Wynn

Is anyone opposed to signing him?

I'm not saying to be our #2, but I'm saying as sort of an auxillary coach.

He played for the Chiefs from 2002 to 2004, in Saunders's offense.

He'll come very cheap, as he hasn't had a 1000 yard season in over a decade.

He would be a very solid #3/4 WR and because he knows the offense he can spread his knowledge around.

Moss

(unknown)

Patten

Morton

Thrash

That's a very solid WR corps that gives us great talent and great depth, and I think Morton plays Special Teams too.

take morton and maybe keep farris, and then we dont have to press for wr until maybe 4th or 5th round. then we can solve our DE issues, and OLine depth.

Morton wouldnt be the long term fix but he knows the system and that would help out the rest of the WR's. Also hes a vet that still makes plays so I think he would be a good sign. Moss Patten Morton thats a good 3 WR not amazing but solid and respectable. Anyways we are still going to be a running team we only need someone to catch around 60 balls from our #2 then moss catching like 80 and everyone else will chip in like Patten Cooley and the backs.

When Patten was on the field, he may not have produced big #s but opposing Defenses had to respect him because he did have the ability to get open, thus they couldn't double/triple team Moss.

Morton would just be another one of those guys. He catches 2 passes a game and it's a big upgrade from Taylor "concussion" Jacobs.

We definitely need someone younger. Morton is 34-35 yrs old. If we were talking about a guy like Tim Brown as his career dwindled down or Jerry Rice as his career dwindled down or maybe Rod Smith, then I would be excited to have him, but we are not. Morton was never a prolific reciever he had a few good years but nothing special. He also doesn't offer any real size advantage versus our other recievers he is generously listed at 6'0". We already have heady vets in our WR corp, Patten and Thrash. Now we need to add some young/middle aged talent

We definitely need someone younger. Morton is 34-35 yrs old. If we were talking about a guy like Tim Brown as his career dwindled down or Jerry Rice as his career dwindled down or maybe Rod Smith, then I would be excited to have him, but we are not. Morton was never a prolific reciever he had a few good years but nothing special. He also doesn't offer any real size advantage versus our other recievers he is generously listed at 6'0". We already have heady vets in our WR corp, Patten and Thrash. Now we need to add some young/middle aged talent

Stole the words right out of my mouth. We really need to sign a young and talented #2 WR. Morton would not be a #2. We would have more depth at the #3 spot. We need a #2 guy. Patten gets the respect of defenses but didn't give us too much productivity. Our depth chart should look something like this...

Moss

Free Agent WR

Patten

Thrash

Jacobs (At this point...I am actually thinking that the skins' should keep Farris and cut him.)

Is anyone opposed to signing him?

I'm not saying to be our #2, but I'm saying as sort of an auxillary coach.

He played for the Chiefs from 2002 to 2004, in Saunders's offense.

He'll come very cheap, as he hasn't had a 1000 yard season in over a decade.

He would be a very solid #3/4 WR and because he knows the offense he can spread his knowledge around.

not sure what he has left in the tank. may be no better than thrash.. but he would be vet minimum for certain. hilliard might be a better option if available.

Archived