Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sign Christian Fauria

supersmartbrunell5

From the Pats. He's a free agent and a very talented tight end who is athletic, has good hands, and has played in (and well) many big games. There is a logjam at tight end in New England with Daniel Graham, Ben Watson and Fauria. This means they probably won't resign him, and his production would probably shoot up if he were the main target. Whenever I have seen him play I've been impressed and doubt he will command too large a contract, sure we need a #2 wideout and need to address that but this guy should come rather cheap and Saunders had KC's offense at the top of the league with pedestrian receivers (moss and patten even are a huge upgrade over KC's receivers), Cooley is an H-back not a tight end by the way so please don't post comments relating to that...Thoughts?

From the Pats. He's a free agent and a very talented tight end who is athletic, has good hands, and has played in (and well) many big games. There is a logjam at tight end in New England with Daniel Graham, Ben Watson and Fauria. This means they probably won't resign him, and his production would probably shoot up if he were the main target. Whenever I have seen him play I've been impressed and doubt he will command too large a contract, sure we need a #2 wideout and need to address that but this guy should come rather cheap and Saunders had KC's offense at the top of the league with pedestrian receivers (moss and patten even are a huge upgrade over KC's receivers), Cooley is an H-back not a tight end by the way so please don't post comments relating to that...Thoughts?

fauria would be a great pickup... another guy like that to consider might be mili, if he is a free agent. as a last resort they could consider chad lewis if his ankle is finally healed and he wants to play another year.

that kind of complementary receiver to cooley would be terrific to have in on third downs as well

He is been purely a blocking back since Graham and Watson came in. He has not been part of the Offense unless it is for the equivalent of a tackle eligible play action pass on the goal line. I am not that sold on him to fit our needs.

Well, he's certainly better than Kozlowsky. His role here would not be to be a part of the offensive game plan as a receiver. He would be an occasional option and a blocker, roles he has proven well suited to. It's not a bad idea, as long as you don't break the bank.

He is been purely a blocking back since Graham and Watson came in. He has not been part of the Offense unless it is for the equivalent of a tackle eligible play action pass on the goal line. I am not that sold on him to fit our needs.

You seem to imply that he is a good blocking TE and as others have pointed out he has shown that he can be effective catching the football. What about that aren't you sold on? All I want to know is, will he be an upgrade over Royal and will be be affordable?

If the skins sign anyone from NE they should look at David Givens. Caught 60 passes as the 2nd receiver last year, despite missing 3 games. He is young, going into his 5th season. He should be pretty cheap.

Also he comes up big in big games. Has caught a TD in seven straight playoff games.

Archived