Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Panthers' loss / my gain!

Brave

It seems that our feline friends 80 miles to the South of me have not been able to sell out Ericcson stadium this year for a single game. Thus, the Ravens game has been blacked out on television which means ...

... that they will show the Skins/Cards and may very well show every (or almost every) Redskin game this season since the Skins are the "second" team in the region.

Life is good!!! :)

Well I hope they do hope that show the Skins game for the loyal bunch in your neck of the woods. They'll realize that Carolina is still Skins country.

I guess the Charlotte area folks are well on their way to losing another team. I can't believe that the Hornets, who had game and once led the NBA in attendance bolted for the Big Easy.

True for this week, Mike, but when the Panthers conflict with the Skins (providing neither is playing an AFC team) I usually had to hit the sports bar (no dish yet). Now I may be able to see more of the games at home ... very important when you got two young kids running around. :)

Brave, I know the feeling. The only reason I have DirecTV is for the Skins. To bad that I've already shelled out 180 for season ticket.

UpTown Skins, it wasn't the fans fault about the Hornets move. It was all about the owners! They expected the fans to build them a brand new arena, thru tax hikes, while they on the other hand did absolutely nothing to show the town of Charlotte that they would put the best available team on the floor. Shinn had a chance to have Michael Jordan be part owner. All MJ was asking that he would be in charge of running the team. Shinn said no and you know the history from there. Shinn let A. Mourning, E. Jones, V. Divac and too many other go that deserved to be payed.

If/when the NBA let Larry Bird and Carr bring in a team and show that they will put a winning team on the court, Charlotte will be once again leading the NBA in attendance again.

I can't fathom watching a game with my kids running around. I'd end up strangling either them or myself. Watching football is a religious experience for me...nobody is allowed in the same room...I must be one with the game.

Bars must be even worse. Christ, I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it.

Hats off to the long-suffering folks who are forced to watch games with other people.

Orange,

You're right....it ain't easy....love my kids and wife more than life itself, but they just don't understand the need to FOCUS and absorb every minute detail of the game. Then again, I generally have no choice as my wife works every other weekend (she is a nurse), so......distraction is best available technique!

Congrats on being able to see a real team play this Sunday. It just goes to show you the area the 'Skins fan base takes up. They are world-wide, baby!!! It really cracked me up when I heard that the Florida TV markets chose to air the 'Skins game over the Bucs game this week. They do love Steve-O down there don't they? LOL

Kind of sounds like this part of the country. The past 2 years while the Seahawks playing @ Husky Stadium almost every home game was blacked out. The only time I could think of when the weren't was twice in 2000 when the local CBS Affiliate bought out the remaining seats so they could air the game and in 2001 when the NFL resumed play after 9/11, the NFL lifted the black out rule for that week.

Guess what none of the Seahawks Games are sold out this season with the new stadium. That is OK there is only one Seahawk Game I want to see and that is against the Skins and I already have my tickets for that game! :D

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

I can't fathom watching a game with my kids running around. I'd end up strangling either them or myself. Watching football is a religious experience for me...nobody is allowed in the same room...I must be one with the game.

Bars must be even worse. Christ, I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it.

Hats off to the long-suffering folks who are forced to watch games with other people.

Amen! Feel the exact same way although I have to hope and pray that the 'skins play the game of the week so I can catch them out here. Can't go to the bars cuz they're all Raider fans in my area.

Archived