Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Autograph?

goflyhelo

My life will not be complete without having a Joe Gibbs autograph.

I am from Southern California (San Diego to be exact) so meeting my idol, Coach Gibbs, is almost impossible. I did attend the Chargers game back in '01 (the last time my 'Skins played here in SAN) but had no luck getting Mr Gibb's "John Han****".

I have a full size Redskins helmet (not replica) I've had for a long long time that I would love to get Mr Gibbs autograph on it.

I know this a long shot but by chance, would anyone here know where and when I would have my best opportunity of making this happen??? :fingersx:

I would apprciate any feedback on this...

Go SKINS! :logo:

Thanks!

It would be difficult to get Mr. Gibbs autograph in 2001, when he wasn't coaching the Redskins :)

If you come to Ashburn, Virginia next year the day before a game you'll have a pretty good chance at getting it. He tends to come out and hang with the fans before the team flies off.

Sometimes he speaks at churches in North Carolina. As in your situation, I understand how much it would mean to you, but hopefully shady autograph collector's don't see $ signs in their eyes to use his speech locations as autograph signings.

I myself saw him do a speech and afterward met him face to face with noone else around.

What a great experience.

That is all I know how to meet him in my neck of the woods.

Good Luck!

Good point! :doh: I guess what I meant to say, was that the last time the 'Skins were remotely close to San Diego was back in '01... yeah, that game against the bolts was good ol' Marty's 1st game...a bad game.

That is what I thought...I have to somehow make it out to VA to get his sig.

It would be difficult to get Mr. Gibbs autograph in 2001, when he wasn't coaching the Redskins :)

If you come to Ashburn, Virginia next year the day before a game you'll have a pretty good chance at getting it. He tends to come out and hang with the fans before the team flies off.

That must have been an awesome experience!

Is he pretty cool about signing autographs?

Remarkably cool. Cal Ripken cool. I was at Redskins Park when the team came back from the Seattle loss. It was like 2 in the AM and freezing cold, and he had a plane to catch, but he still made the rounds and shook hands and signed autographs for pretty much whoever wanted one.

Also, he likes to sign these little booklets that talk about his career and his relationship with Jesus, so he looks at giving autographs as a chance to spread the gospel. He'd probably be more than happy to send you one if you wrote and asked for it. Send a SASE to Redskins Park, ATTN: Joe Gibbs (not 100% sure that would work, but it would seem like the best way). I don't know the address of the place, but you could get it from a lot of people on here.

if you want to make the trip.....I know where and when you can meet him......for the most part coach has always taken time to snap a pic or sign something.......i can guarentee you will see him but getting him to sign depends alot on the situation.....email me if you want details....gibbsteam@aol.com

Remarkably cool. Cal Ripken cool. I was at Redskins Park when the team came back from the Seattle loss. It was like 2 in the AM and freezing cold, and he had a plane to catch, but he still made the rounds and shook hands and signed autographs for pretty much whoever wanted one.

Also, he likes to sign these little booklets that talk about his career and his relationship with Jesus, so he looks at giving autographs as a chance to spread the gospel. He'd probably be more than happy to send you one if you wrote and asked for it. Send a SASE to Redskins Park, ATTN: Joe Gibbs (not 100% sure that would work, but it would seem like the best way). I don't know the address of the place, but you could get it from a lot of people on here.

You know, it doesn't surprise one bit that he's cool about signing autographs....he's just a great human being.

Thanks for the tip on getting his autograph.

Anybody here have the address?

Hmmm, I wonder if I sent in my helmet if he would sign it??? Hmmm...

My life will not be complete without having a Joe Gibbs autograph.

I am from Southern California (San Diego to be exact) so meeting my idol, Coach Gibbs, is almost impossible. I did attend the Chargers game back in '01 (the last time my 'Skins played here in SAN) but had no luck getting Mr Gibb's "John Han****".

I have a full size Redskins helmet (not replica) I've had for a long long time that I would love to get Mr Gibbs autograph on it.

I know this a long shot but by chance, would anyone here know where and when I would have my best opportunity of making this happen??? :fingersx:

I would apprciate any feedback on this...

Go SKINS! :logo:

Thanks!

i know how you fell brother.

During the preseason the team has a fan appreciation day and signs a lot of autographs. This year they signed autographs for hours. You would have to wait in line but if you arrived early I think you could get an autograph there. They'll have details up during training camp time on redskins.com.

Don't fret my man. Found out the away hotel of the skins for last years 49er game in Frisco. Stayed there before the game on sunday. Waited for hours for the team meeting to end. Last ones out were the coaches including Gibbs. He gladly greeted everyone and took pictures and signed autographs for anyone who wanted them until everyone was handled. He was very humbled and honored that so many think him worthy of such attention. He understands the fan and is more than gracious in taking time to sign or pose for a pic. I was really taken aback by his humblness!! I personally took a pic with him and he hands out witness tracks autographed that tell his story about how God is #1 in his life and how Christ has guided him in everything he has done. Kinda cool. Keep your head up. Just find out where the team is staying somewhere and just be patient and wait. good luck

So he's pretty good about signing at the team hotel? I have a 1982 throwback helmet(authentic) that I'm collecting autos from the SB XVII team on it. I already have amongst others, Riggins, Theismann, Butz. About a dozen total but this helmet would not be complete without his auto on it. Anyone know where the team stays when in St Louis?

Archived