Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What WR can we TRADE for?

Byner21

Most of the attention has been focused on FA wr's available, and there are many intriguing options out there. But I wonder who might be available via trade? I have a feeling that Gibbs and the FO are looking pretty hard at this option. This regime is all about thinking outside of the box, from the Bailey-for-Portis trade (circumventing the franchise tag mess), to the huge amount of attention, creativity, and $$$ put into the coaching staff, to the radical, and arguably brilliant, media tactics of Snyder and Gibbs. Looking at wr trade options seems like Front Office 101 to this group, and they have to be considering it. Since we have Ramsey, who I believe no longer wants to be here (can you really blame him?), I think we've got some fine trade bait.

What about one of the Lions' trio? Maybe the Broncos sign T.O. and we can pry Rod Smith or Lelie from them. Or maybe we bring one of the Chiefs guys here, whether they pick up T.O. or not. What about Jerry Porter? Wouldn't Al Davis take a good look at Ramsey? Or how about Andre Johnson or Anquan Boldin. One of these guys would be my favorite option, and both teams could use a new QB. I haven't researched the salary cap implications, etc, but I'd love to see the 'skins add a marquee #2 or #1A via trade, and I bet there's something out there that would work out great.

Trades just don't happen much under the current salary cap.

It may all change in a few weeks though.

There really is no point at all talking about any trades or even free agency until the new CBA is renewed, or not renewed. That will make a HUGE difference in who will be out in free agency and whether trades will take place or not.

Trades really aren't that popular among NFL circles. I don't know why everyone keeps going on and on and on about trade scenarios. Trades don't happen all that often. Do they?

Trades don't happen as often as FA signings but they still happen somewhat frequently. I attribute that to their being 32 teams, of course trades will be more frequent. Whether it's the popular option, I dunno. I imagine your correct. The traded player's balance needs to be applied to the cap and then the new team will usually sign the traded player to a new contract. A lot of extra steps I imagine would make it unpopular, I guess.

Oh and on a related note... did you seriously say youd love to see the redskins add a marquee #2, or even #1................ Um.... who is it we are going to find better than Moss.... In a passing offense where no other reciever got more than 220 yards, he ended up second in the NFL? Seriously...

I think it would be a complete waste to trade for a WR, when there are so many good ones that are FA's, and a bunch in the draft. Doesnt make any sense.
Oh and on a related note... did you seriously say youd love to see the redskins add a marquee #2, or even #1................ Um.... who is it we are going to find better than Moss.... In a passing offense where no other reciever got more than 220 yards, he ended up second in the NFL? Seriously....

These posts are funny, considering that the Skins added Moss via trade...and I doubt that at the time, anyone was thinking "We just traded for one of the Top 5 WRs in the NFL."

Some of these names you guys are coming up with are a bit ridiculous. We don't have anything to offer that we're willing to give up for most of these guys. Al isn't going to give up Joey Porter, Andre Johnson is one of the few bright spots of the entire Houston organization, Boldin is a stud, and I don't see Rod Smith playing anywhere besides Denver and Lelie isn't going anywhere because they're grooming him to help replace Smith.

The only realistic name I've heard mentioned in Bryant Johnson who I think could be a great fit, I just don't know how much we would want to give up for him. Remember Rod Gardner only yielded us a sixth rounder and he was fairly productive as a number two for us. I personally wouldn't spend a third rounder on any of the recievers we could realistically land in a trade.

In Bryant Johnson's case. Maybe Ramsey for. The Cards also need a RB, So Betts and a 5th round pick for him. Maybe the only WR we can trade for without breaking the bank.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to move Betts this offseason. According to RB coach Earnest Byner's chat, we're likely to lose him next offseason. Betts will want a shot at being a starter, and he's not going to get that chance here.

I'd love to see Priest as our third-down RB and frequent Portis reliever.

List of FA WRs I found at another forum:

Aaron Moorehead RFA Colts

Andre' Davis UFA Patriots

Antonio Bryant UFA Browns

Antwaan Randle El UFA Steelers

Arnaz Battle RFA 49ers

Az-Zahir Hakim UFA Saints

Brad Pyatt RFA Colts

Brandon Lloyd RFA 49ers

Bryan Gilmore UFA Dolphins

Cedric James UFA Patriots

Charlie Adams RFA Broncos

Chris Horn RFA Chiefs

Corey Bradford UFA Texans

Cortez Hankton RFA Jaguars

Darnerian McCants UFA Eagles

David Boston UFA Dolphins

David Givens UFA Patriots

David Tyree RFA Giants

Derick Armstrong RFA Texans

Dez White UFA Falcons

Edell Shepherd RFA Buccaneers

Ike Hilliard UFA Buccaneers

J.J. Moses RFA Cardinals

Jabar Gaffney UFA Texans

Jason McAddley UFA 49ers

Jerheme Urban RFA Seahawks

Jerome Pathon UFA Falcons

Joe Jurevicius UFA Seahawks

Kassim Osgood RFA Chargers

Keenan McCardell UFA Chargers

Kelley Washington RFA Bengals

Kendall Newson UFA Dolphins

Kevin Curtis RFA Rams

Kevin Johnson UFA Lions

Kevin Walter RFA Bengals

Koren Robinson UFA Vikings

Marc Boerigter UFA Chiefs

Michael Lewis UFA Saints

Nate Burleson RFA Vikings

Patrick Johnson UFA Ravens

Peerless Price UFA Cowboys

Peter Warrick UFA Seahawks

Quincy Morgan UFA Steelers

Randal Williams UFA Raiders

Reche Caldwell UFA Chargers

Reggie Swinton UFA Cardinals

Reggie Wayne UFA Colts

Rod Gardner UFA Panthers

Sam Aiken UFA Bills

Sean Morey UFA Steelers

Shaun McDonald RFA Rams

Tim Carter UFA Giants

Tim Dwight UFA Patriots

Troy Brown UFA Patriots

Troy Edwards UFA Lions

Troy Walters UFA Colts

Willie Ponder RFA Giants

What is the status on Jimmy Smith. Does anyone else agree that he would be a great fit here? He is old, but still productive (1000-yard season this year). Runs great routes and sure-handed...

smith, like moulds, mccardell and maybe bruce are all guys who will likely be out there this offseason. smith would be a great fit. he is physical enough to play the possession receiver spot and yet he still has some deep speed.

it will come downto dollars, i think.

also, whether the team wants a younger player, like moss, who is just coming into his own and who will give the team a solid duo for years. somebody like givens or lloyd would be a great fit inthat way

Maybe Bryant Johnson of the Cards. He is their 3#WR behind Fitzgerald and Boldin. He has been in the league no longer than 5 seasons. Why not trade a 3rd round pick on a good WR than to draft one who you don't know whay you will get.

a good idea. but there is still uncertainty when you think that he has been with the team and was not able to produce or climb above the number 3 spot. they had him and still drafted fitzgerald so you know the cards do not think that highly of him.

then again, the cards have had lots of players they chose not to retain. a bad franchise for certain

In Bryant Johnson's case. Maybe Ramsey for. The Cards also need a RB, So Betts and a 5th round pick for him. Maybe the only WR we can trade for without breaking the bank.

betts would be a fine fit for the cards... in a straight up trade for johnson.. no additional; picks needed to swing the deal

List of FA WRs I found at another forum:

Aaron Moorehead RFA Colts

Andre' Davis UFA Patriots

Antonio Bryant UFA Browns

Antwaan Randle El UFA Steelers

Arnaz Battle RFA 49ers

Az-Zahir Hakim UFA Saints

Brad Pyatt RFA Colts

Brandon Lloyd RFA 49ers

Bryan Gilmore UFA Dolphins

Cedric James UFA Patriots

Charlie Adams RFA Broncos