Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The five types of meatheads you see at the gym...

Spaceman Spiff

I carry an iPod because I enjoy to listen to music when I lift. Next time before I do I'll ask your permission...

And lifting heavy weights is called power lifting. Sometimes you grunt when power lifting.

First, don't take it so personal about the iPod. I already stated it was meant for guys that weren't lifting heavy weights, thus not needing the motivation.

Second, very good. It IS called "powerlifting"

Three, yes, sometimes you do grunt. But I want to clarify I meant doing it every friggin rep... not just your last one or two

Four, if I have your permission, I'll edit my previous post

hah, this is a great thread. I went to the gym extra early today and man it was funny. You have th guy with the black jeans, tank top and mullet, grunting on every single rep. Don't get me wrong, I grunt too but only the last few reps if they are really heavy. Then there is the pretty boy, he has on his matching under armour outfit and uses 1 machine, then another, not getting getting a damn thing accomplished.

First, don't take it so personal about the iPod. I already stated it was meant for guys that weren't lifting heavy weights, thus not needing the motivation.

Second, very good. It IS called "powerlifting"

Three, yes, sometimes you do grunt. But I want to clarify I meant doing it every friggin rep... not just your last one or two

Four, if I have your permission, I'll edit my previous post

Permission denied.

:silly:

I think I know some of those meatheads. In the well over 20 years I've done the public gym thing, I've seen those meatheads too many times. Actually, in my younger years, I may have been one or 2 of them. ;)

Then there are these guys:

Butterfinger meatheads. These are the guys who grab the heaviest dumbells that they can lift, ( form and function optional), and when done, now matter the exercize, seem to let the dumbells slip out of their hands and come crashing down to the floor. If you look close, you'll see a quick glance sometimes to see if anyone is looking their way, ( and hence impressed with weight of dumbells). Or they may get up, and then stalk around the dumbells and look all pissed because, well, "they could have done more". Or both. :)

I think I know some of those meatheads. In the well over 20 years I've done the public gym thing, I've seen those meatheads too many times. Actually, in my younger years, I may have been one or 2 of them. ;)

Then there are these guys:

Butterfinger meatheads. These are the guys who grab the heaviest dumbells that they can lift, ( form and function optional), and when done, now matter the exercize, seem to let the dumbells slip out of their hands and come crashing down to the floor. If you look close, you'll see a quick glance sometimes to see if anyone is looking their way, ( and hence impressed with weight of dumbells). Or they may get up, and then stalk around the dumbells and look all pissed because, well, "they could have done more". Or both. :)

LMAO sounds like you talking from experience?? :laugh: I think some people have no respect for others at the Gym.. I love the Cell phone guy acting cool while doing one arm curls talking on his cell... Yes he is talking about stocks and he is telling his agent to sell sell sell.. But then all the sudden his phone rings, he forgot to put it on vibrate.. Trying to impress the ladies he just looked like a moron!! That is a true story folks, a few year ago at the sports and health in Tysons I was there to see it happen and watch him run out faster than wind!! LOL I dont grunt on every rep, only the last few that I know I have no juice left!! Sometimes the weights do end up on the floor, not intentionaly just that my spotter is too busy paying attention to some girls ass :D

Archived