Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Secondary/Cornerbacks Coach DeWayne Walker Appears Headed to UCLA

JimmiJo

http://dailynews.com/sports/ci_3441416

UCLA football notes: Walker close to accepting

By Brian Dohn, Staff Writer

UCLA coach Karl Dorrell met with Washington Redskins assistant DeWayne Walker for the second time in less than a week Thursday, and it appears Walker will accept the vacant defensive coordinator position, sources said.

Walker, a former associate head coach at USC under Pete Carroll, will be allowed to hire his own defensive assistants, but he is not expected to replace the entire defensive staff, sources said.

According to sources, Walker has already held conversations with several colleagues about becoming members of his staff.

Click on link.....

Part of me is wishing this would happen.... it'd be nice to secure Jerry Gray.

Of course, this might also mean a promotion for another Quality Control guy.... Coy Gibbs :laugh:

Coy Gibbs.

Hmmmmm.

Now where have I heard that name?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Blondie

Part of me is wishing this would happen.... it'd be nice to secure Jerry Gray.

Of course, this might also mean a promotion for another Quality Control guy.... Coy Gibbs :laugh:

My thoughts exactly as we originally tried to secure Jerry Gray after we hired GW. However Buffalo wouldn't let him out of his contract and they didn't have to because it was a lateral move.

Would Jerry Gray come here to be a position coach after he's already been the D-coordinator in Buffalo for the last few years?

Because it is cold in Buffalo. No one wants to coach there.

But seriously, he could come here, be a position coach for maybe 2 years. And when Gibbs retires in 2 years, (yes, its probably gonna happen) then he would become D-coordinater under Williams who would be promoted to Head Coach. Gray would benefit big time.

Honestly, D-Coordinator for Buffalo??? completely worthless job.

coming to the greatest football town ever to coach an electrifying D?, completely beneficial.

Archived